Sep 29, 2008
My Intro to Law Instructor is apparently under the (mistaken) impression that his is the only and by far, the most important class that anyone is taking. Well, let me tell you now, Mr. Lawyer Professor sir....you are dead wrong. I have three other lawyer, professor ma'ams that also expect me to spend at least some time on their classes as well. If I were already a lawyer or a paralegal working in a law firm, the billable hours I would have accumulated in the last two weeks would have me rich already. I mean, for cryin' out loud dude....this is an INTRO class. Let me clue you in.....we are not yet in the legal profession!!! (Although, I will give you this....after this assignment, I do feel ready to write a resume and go job searching, so in that respect, you have done your job....).
Due to one measly assignment, I have had little to no sleep, lots of stress, loss of eye sight due to the seven case laws all in legaleze and in 10 pt. font I have had to read, no time to relax, no free time to spend with my kids and I think, just think, I may have just cornered the market on Folger's Coffee and International Delights French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. My eye is twitching....and my legs....you can't see it, but they are.
But, with three minutes to spare, I submitted that ridiculous albatross and for maybe a period of 12 hours, I can put away the coffee, lose the twitchies and get some sleep. If I can remember how. And assuming my children will afford me that little pleasure.
Tell ya what....it had better be worth it. I'm sure it is, but right now, the only interest I have is my pillow, my blankie and my bed. So......g'night.
Sep 20, 2008
- Taking twelve credits that include: Intro to Law, Family Law, Contract Law and Ethics in Law
- A first-grader who is at a fifth grade reading level and who prays at night for harder math homework.
- A pre-schooler who goes to pre-school four days a week.
- Two very active 8 month old babies who consider anything within their reach fair game; including, but not limited to: hair, earrings, teeth, lips, noses, pop, coffee, straws, tablecloths, car seat straps, etc.etc.etc. and who grow more and more beautiful by the day and who have definitely found their voices. Uff-da!
- Volunteering at Care Bear's School
- Being in the PTO at Care Bear's School
- Swimming Lessons
- Soccer Lessons
- Did I mention laundry?
- Dishes....you get the point.
- Weeding my garden
- Mowing my lawn
- Carving intricate pumpkins for Halloween....don't get me started on the fact that it's only September 20....
- Play dates
- Birthday Parties
- Appointment after
- Appointment after
- Praise Band
- Catching up on three weeks of my soap opera....HEY! I need something to relax by, don't I? Even if it requires me to start drinking coffee at 9 p.m. on a Friday night, which (incidentally) keeps me up until 3 a.m. only to be awakened by active infants at 6:45 a.m.....
- Drama with certain relatives which I have no desire to get into at this point in time
- Facilitating long awaited family reunions
- Hosting Sunday dinners
- Fashion Shows for girlies
- Jr. Cheerleading for 1st grade girl
- Occasional babysitting of blondies
- Looming stress of important upcoming event
- COPIOUS dates with scads of handsome, rich, men who have no issue dating a 33 year old women with four daughters ages 6 and under. Seriously? You think I'm serious? Yeah. You don't know me too well do you??
Anyway, you get the point. I miss the blog. I miss the outlet it gave me and the friendships it provided me. But unfortunately, this computer (which I thought would provide me more blogging opportunity) has been merely a tool for my schoolwork! HUH!?! Yeah. No internet playing for me. And my celebrity knowledge right now? Zip. Zilch. Nada. I have not a clue what is happening with Ms. Spears, Ms. Simpson, TomKat, Brangelina or any of the rest. Pretty sad for someone who used to write "Celebrity News by Kristen" once a week and thoroughly enjoyed it.
But life changes; circumstances change; priorities change. My priority is my girls and making sure I am creating a life that they deserve and doing everything I can for them. They are my number 1 (and 2 and 3 and 4) priorities. And while I would give anything in the world to be able to actually sit down and relax for 5 minutes before I fall into bed at midnight or 1 a.m., I wouldn't trade it right now. Because it's all worth it to me when I hear my little girls tell me every day and every night that I am "the best mommy in the world" and their "best buddy". Wow. Who could ask for more?!
So I hope you'll bear with me. Check in on me every now and then. I won't promise to be a regular around here, but I'll come by when I can.