Sep 20, 2008

Hello?!?! Anyone There???

Probably not since my blog is collecting dust and I could swear I just saw a spider web in the corner of it due to total abandonment. Huh. How could this have possibly happened? How on earth did something that used to be such a humongous part of my life get completely wiped of the face of the blog-earth? Well, let's examine......my life consists of this currently:
  1. Taking twelve credits that include: Intro to Law, Family Law, Contract Law and Ethics in Law
  2. A first-grader who is at a fifth grade reading level and who prays at night for harder math homework.
  3. A pre-schooler who goes to pre-school four days a week.
  4. Two very active 8 month old babies who consider anything within their reach fair game; including, but not limited to: hair, earrings, teeth, lips, noses, pop, coffee, straws, tablecloths, car seat straps, etc.etc.etc. and who grow more and more beautiful by the day and who have definitely found their voices. Uff-da!
  5. Volunteering at Care Bear's School
  6. Being in the PTO at Care Bear's School
  7. Swimming Lessons
  8. Soccer Lessons
  9. Laundry
  10. Laundry
  11. Laundry
  12. Did I mention laundry?
  13. Dishes
  14. Dishes
  15. Dishes....you get the point.
  16. Weeding my garden
  17. Mowing my lawn
  18. Carving intricate pumpkins for Halloween....don't get me started on the fact that it's only September 20....
  19. Play dates
  20. Birthday Parties
  21. Appointment after
  22. Appointment after
  23. Appointment
  24. Praise Band
  25. Church
  26. Catching up on three weeks of my soap opera....HEY! I need something to relax by, don't I? Even if it requires me to start drinking coffee at 9 p.m. on a Friday night, which (incidentally) keeps me up until 3 a.m. only to be awakened by active infants at 6:45 a.m.....
  27. Drama with certain relatives which I have no desire to get into at this point in time
  28. Facilitating long awaited family reunions
  29. Hosting Sunday dinners
  30. Fashion Shows for girlies
  31. Jr. Cheerleading for 1st grade girl
  32. Occasional babysitting of blondies
  33. Looming stress of important upcoming event
  34. COPIOUS dates with scads of handsome, rich, men who have no issue dating a 33 year old women with four daughters ages 6 and under. Seriously? You think I'm serious? Yeah. You don't know me too well do you??

Anyway, you get the point. I miss the blog. I miss the outlet it gave me and the friendships it provided me. But unfortunately, this computer (which I thought would provide me more blogging opportunity) has been merely a tool for my schoolwork! HUH!?! Yeah. No internet playing for me. And my celebrity knowledge right now? Zip. Zilch. Nada. I have not a clue what is happening with Ms. Spears, Ms. Simpson, TomKat, Brangelina or any of the rest. Pretty sad for someone who used to write "Celebrity News by Kristen" once a week and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But life changes; circumstances change; priorities change. My priority is my girls and making sure I am creating a life that they deserve and doing everything I can for them. They are my number 1 (and 2 and 3 and 4) priorities. And while I would give anything in the world to be able to actually sit down and relax for 5 minutes before I fall into bed at midnight or 1 a.m., I wouldn't trade it right now. Because it's all worth it to me when I hear my little girls tell me every day and every night that I am "the best mommy in the world" and their "best buddy". Wow. Who could ask for more?!

So I hope you'll bear with me. Check in on me every now and then. I won't promise to be a regular around here, but I'll come by when I can.

Love....

20 comments:

Dawn said...

You haven't lost your writing ability in the interim and the "mess" that is life right now! Oh, so much blog fodder!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Thank you so much for the invite! I really missed seeing your updates. I hope continues to get better and you find a spare 5 minutes to update every now and then.

Have a great weekend!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Kristin, and thanks for inviting me to view your blog again.

I understand about priorities. Blogging is still a big part of my life, but I'm not as fired up about it as I was a year ago. Life goes in cycles and right now I've got other things on the front burner. I'm sure once I get some things behind me that I'll be blogging more often again.

Since your top priorities are school and your kids, it's understandable that blogging would fall further down your to-do list, and we certainly understand that.

Best of luck in your new life, and I'm still praying about the situation with M. and all that it entails.

Love and hugs,

Diane

someone else said...

Thank you for the invite.

Your blog has a nice new look.

Midlife Mom said...

Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your blogging family! I have always enjoyed your writing and seeing your precious girlies as they all grow each day. Have prayed for you and yours and will continue to do so! Love to you all!

Nancy said...

Thanks for inviting me Kristen. It's so good to have you back. You have been in my prayers and I will continue to lift you up along with those precious girls. It sounds like you are getting everything back to normal and I'm so proud of you for taking classes along with all of this... you are one busy lady. Your girls are such a precious gift from God and I can tell you are enjoying every precious minute with them. GO GIRL!

nancygrayce said...

Thanks for inviting me Kristen! I have prayed for you and your family for some time now! and WHEW! What a schedule! I'm tired just reading all you do. It will be worth every single minute! I laughed about the soap opera watching, because when I'm stressed I rent a movie! I may sleep to it, but it is relaxing. So you do what you have to do and it sounds like you're doing it quite well! With love and prayers, Nancy

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Kristen,

I was so happy to see your invite, thank you so much!! Sounds like a very busy life you're leading right now but I can also tell how much you love it and wouldn't change anything. As you say, your girls have first priority and that's as it should be. You are so blessed to have such beautiful little girls who all need you so much right now...and vice versa. I think of you often and smile, knowing that you're doing what you want to do:-) xoxo

Linda said...

It is so good to catch up with you Kristen. It sounds as though life is very busy, and very fulfilling. You are so wise to just embrace this season of your life. Those little girls will be grown before you know it and these days are so precious.
Blessings and prayers to you sweet girl.

Sam said...

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the invite! I'm glad you're back. It certainly sounds as if your life is incredibly full right now. Congratulations on going back to school! Your education and your degree are things you will cherish and value for your entire life! Good for you!

It sounds like your smart girls are well on their way in terms of their own educations. Excellent!

(Is it obvious I'm a teacher?? ) :-)

Take care. Good luck with the upcoming events. We're praying for you!

kpjara said...

I'm glad you're doing okay! I've missed your writing!

Susie said...

Hi Kristen,
Thanks for inviting me :)
Your life sounds busy and very fulfilling. My daughter, who is 5 yrs older than you went back to school while working full time and doing many of the other things you've listed.
It can be done, and, while not easy, it's very worth it.
My prayers are with you!
xo

Linds said...

Thanks for inviting me, Kristen - I am so happy to see you writing again. I love the new look! You have so much on the go at the moment, and we are all so happy you are ok. You are going to do so well! Post when you feel like it!

And those girls of yours are absolutely wonderful!

Coe said...

It is nice to have you back. You are a great writer. I think it must come from your mom's side of the family!

Needled Mom said...

Thanks for the invite, Kristen. I have always enjoyed reading your witty blogs and following the girl's "doings."

You certainly have your priorities in the right spot and although the days seem like they will never end, it will definitely be worth it in the long run. The years will be gone before you know it.

My prayers continue for you and your family.

Sema said...

Kristen, thanks for the invite. I haven't checked my email-the one you sent the invite to for over a year! But something nudged me to check it today and I am glad I did. You know how strongly I admire all you have done and achieved in your life right? I was telling mom last night at dinner that we need to get together and go out for coffee or something one of these days. I will call you and see what can be arranged:)!!!

Andrea said...

You are missed, Kristen -- but your priorities are in the right order, and I applaud that!

Your life sounds so busy, I get stressed out just reading about it!

Take care, my friend.
xo

Sherry said...

glad to see you again! I think of you and the girlies often!

Unknown said...

It's always great to hear from you! We totally understand the lack of time you have to blog! Honestly, it's getting harder and harder for me to keep up with blogging. So, write when you can and know that I think of you and your girls often. Happy mothering and studying!

Barb said...

I'm sure you're overwhelmed right now but you are definitely moving in the right direction and I admire your courage.

I decided a while ago, I'll post when I can. And I won't stress about it when I can't. So I totally understand why it's on the back burner right now. Your priorities are right where they should be.