Jun 27, 2007

The Move

So, the big move is almost complete….at least for the people in my area. There are other people in the office who are just starting and I’m happy to not be one of them. I’m happy to be settled in my new area looking out my window at the view. Of course, at this particular moment, my view is being obstructed by a large truck who is cutting down portions of the trees that were providing shade outside my window and throwing large branches into a mulching machine. I appreciate that a lot.
Here is my new spot.
It doesn’t look to impressive from this angle, but believe me, it’s significantly larger than what I had before and much more open.

The view outside my window. (I am minus two shelves that I had in my old spot which is where I used to have all of my pictures sitting….therefore I had to put my little darling’s pictures on the window ledge….grrrr…) See the mulching truck there obstructing my view?!
My co-workers are pleased that the move is over as well…..

Marilyn


Connie (and my mother in the background who stopped by to let me use her digital camera for this post…..)


My supervisor Lea who informed me that maybe I shouldn’t post her pictures on the internet because how do I know she’s not in the witness protection program?!

Not everything is done, though. Our lobby is still a mess that looks like a tornado hit it. If I were a visitor to our campus, I wouldn’t want to walk in here….

It’s a little dark and hard to get a grasp on how messy it is. To the left outside the scope of the picture is a massive amount of desks, chairs and partitions piled all over eachother.

And that is it. Hopefully now that I have completed move number five for the year, I’ll get to stay put for awhile. Cuz that would be kind of nice.

No comments: