Nov 20, 2008

Wow. Tell ya what. If I had only two words to choose from out of the English language to describe how I have felt the past two weeks, here they are: Beaten.Down. Isn't that just a fantastic, upbeat way to start a post?! Serious, though folks. I have spent the past two weeks in fields with the groundhogs looking for one that is roughly the same size and weight as me so I could follow him to his hole and go underground with him. For an indefinite period of time. But whoa is me....no such groundhog exists! Who knew?!

Unfortunately, when you are a single mother of four young children, such luxuries as burying yourself underground are not practical. A short reprieve here or there, maybe.....as long as you have a compassionate, understanding and caring mother such as I do. But it doesn't last forever. And I don't want it to last forever. Because I love my kids; I need my kids; and they need me. But wowza....it's been rough.

I posted this song awhile back (a long while back) when I was dealing with other difficulties, but as I was driving home today after picking up Feisty at school and had received yet another emotional beating, this song came on my favorite Christian radio station and it is so much more apropos to my life now than it even was then. Not because I'm dealing with an emotionally abusive situation, but just because. It is perfect and I plan to keep this song in the back of my head at all times, if possible.

My girls are worth it and the reason I wake up every morning. Thank God for them!




If you were too busy reading my post to listen to the words of the song, refresh and listen again to the words. It's a great song.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

It is a great song, and God is the one who sends that rain! I'm glad you heard it yesterday, just when you needed it.

Don't forget that your dad is the one who helped me last week-end, because I'm not sure I'd have done it without his encouragement.

Those pictures are adorable!

Amy said...

I was a single mom of 5- 4 boys so I can empathize. Mine are a bit further apart in ages which made it a bit easier I'm sure. It DOES get easier. I've raised mine 1000 miles away from my mom which was hard.

Those are some pretty pictures of your babies!

God be with you and may each day get a little easier for you!

someone else said...

The girls are all sooooo sweet! Great pictures.

Nancy said...

Kristen~ I'm keeping you in my prayers and will pray for you every time I hear that song on my Christian radio station. God has blessed you with precious girls and a mom and dad that are "the best"! Enjoy as many precious moments as possible and know that, "this too shall pass"! God is good!

groovyoldlady said...

It's so hard to find that balance between the desire for downtime and the desire to give your all for/to your kids. All the tougher when you are single. BUT you have aHevenly Father to uphold you and a loving mom to help you. You are very blessed!

nancygrayce said...

Praying for you to be uplifted instead of beaten down! I know that feeling though. You'll come out on the other side and the sun will be shining on you! I was a single mom for a time with only 2 boys and it was HARD, so I can only imagine how much harder it is with 4 little ones!

Sema said...

Hi Kristen,
I pray for you that God continues to supply you with the strength and energy you need to keep doing what you have done so well. I am looking forward to our "date" tomorrow night. You so rightly deserve it! I wish the big girls weren't so scared of Callie, they are welcome to come for a sleep over any day.

Sherry said...

Let me just tell you how much both Luke and I have admired you from afar this week. We obviously have 3 now...and have scraped by this week from exhaustion and that's with two of us. You are doing such an amazing job though I'm sure it doesn't always feel that way, you really are. The way the girls love you proves it. Think of you often.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

It's bound be easier with that extra weight that was holding you back. Even though you're a single Mom now, better alone than burdened down the way you were.

Things have to get better now, right? Hang in there, brighter days are ahead.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Dawn said...

I love our new looks - thanks again!!

jls said...

Love you, Kristen. Always.

Needled Mom said...

I can imagine how difficult these times are, Kristen, but it does sound like you have your priorities in the right place. All of your difficult times will someday pay off for you.

Thank heavens for mothers....yours AND you!!!!