Dec 14, 2006

Christmas Tour Of Homes

Christmas tour of homes button

Welcome To Our Home!!

Anakin, Care Bear, Feisty, Hubby and I are happy that you came! Hubby is behind the scenes taking the picture, but he sends his greetings as well!

Take your shoes and coat off and help yourself to some Rice Krispy Treats or some home-made chocolate chip cookies! The hot water for the hot chocolate and cider is brewing. I apologize; my kids were anxious while we were waiting for you and dug into the rice krispy treats already. They helped make them so I couldn't say no!


This is our Christmas tree. It's an artificial one because we decided with so many little curious hands, the hassle of watering and trying to get it straight in the tree stand and pine needles ending up all over the floor that an artificial would be much easier (for a few years). I miss the smell of pine when I walk into my house, but I can sacrifice for awhile. I took this picture in the dark (unbelievably) with the lights on, but somehow it ended up looking like it's broad daylight and you can't see a single light. Care Bear and Feisty were very much into the tree decorating spirit this year so the garland is a little crooked and most of the ornaments ended up on the bottom but they had so much fun! It was the first year they really "got it" (the whole decorating thing that is.

ornaments 015 This is a picture of the mantle above our fireplace. On top is a nativity set that my mom gave us the first year we were married. I hung a huge garland below with lights stringing through it. I also had a close up shot of the nativity scene, but mysteriously, it seems to have vanished. Hmmmmm.....Shame on me, I should have had a fire going for everyone! Where are my manners?!


ornaments 020

This is a fake plant I have sitting on a corner table. I had a tiny string of lights sitting around doing nothing, and, well....in my opinion, the more lights the better. So I put some lights on the little fake plant. Again, I took this picture in the dark, but it doesn't even show the lights. :-( Whoa is me. You can picture it in your mind, though, I'm sure. (Hubby thought it was a little weird that I put lights on a fake plant....am I wierd?!)


bloggy tour 001

This is an adorable little ceramic "toy shop" candle holder that my mother in law gave us a few years ago. The candle goes inside of the toy shop and looks real cute when it's lit up. My daughters both love to play with it with their little tiny toys. Every year, without fail, when I bring it out I hear gleeful little squeals. A little teddy bear that hangs off of it met its fate this year due to their play. Right now, it is perched on my fireplace mantle.

bloggy tour 004 Yet another little gift from the MIL. I can always count on her to give us lovely little breakables every year. This happens to be a music box that is sitting on top of the upstairs entertainment center. We got another one with it, but it got broken. I wonder how that happened......

bloggy tour 002

This is a little crocheted candle. To be honest, I'm not even sure where it came from, or who crocheted it. But it was in my assortment of Christmas decorations. Care Bear spotted it, loved it, and chose this spot for it. So, there it sits. It also gets played with a lot. I have a feeling it was made by a grandmother or great-aunt or something. I don't think it just wandered into my box of goodies by itself.

ornaments 014

This is an ornament that Anakin made last year at school. He is extremely proud of it and so I thought I'd show it off as well.

Well, for now, that is all I have. I had a picture of our outdoor lights that hubby has worked tirelessly on for hours, but somehow that picture disappeared as well. Our decorations aren't the most fabulous or magnificent...I don't see the point when they'll all get broken or messed up anyway. But my kids helped me decorate this year and had the time of their lives. So, it's OK with me.

I hope you've enjoyed visiting our home. I hope the treats were tasty. And I hope you come back to visit sometime! Have a wonderful and blessed holiday season!!

Love,

My Entire Family!

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed peeking inside your home this holiday! Merry Christmas from my home to yours!!

Lala's world said...

that was great! loved it! I might do this tomorrow too...but I kind of already have this week..oh decisiond decisions!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could make Christmas ornaments that looked as good as that gold one! Thanks for the tour I loved the music it's one of my favorite Christmas songs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting me in, I had a wonderful tour. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the music as I was visiting! Thank you for your warm hospitality! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I agree the more lights the better. That is why hubby makes me have an artifical tree, ha! What a lovely family you have and thank you for sharing the pictures.

Merry Christmas.

Diane Viere said...

Thank you! You are the most gracious hostess! I so enjoyed touring your home--it felt warm and welcoming, and with Clay singing in the background--it was nearly magical!

I'm not surprised your home is so lovely-it reflects you!

diane

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorations and beautiful family! Thanks so much for the tour and the rice crispy treats. Have a very blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, rice krispies!! I love the music too! All we've gotten decorated around here is the Christmas tree, yipes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour! I enjoyed it so much! Tell the kids those were the best rice crispy treats I've ever had! ;o) Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

I enjoyed you home tour - lovely! And rice crispy treats are our favorite!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for letting us in for the tour! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home & family! Thanks for letting us in! Merry Christmas!

Pamela said...

Kristen, thanks so much for the lovely tour. It was especially nice that your sweet hubby took a picture of you all welcoming us at the door! I loved it! Your tree is so pretty and I love the white nativity set on the mantel that your Mom gave you. The cookies and rice krispie bars were scrumptous!

owlhaven said...

Sweet tour!

Thanks, and mery Christmas!!


Mary, mom to many, and also all spruced up for Christmas visitors

owlhaven said...

Sweet tour!

Thanks, and mery Christmas!!


Mary, mom to many, and also all spruced up for Christmas visitors

Southern Girl said...

Thanks for having us over! Everything looks so beautiful, and I applaud your taste in singers -- Clay's my favorite! ;)

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Loved your tour. Good job with the lights on the fake plant. I would definitely do it. Thanks for sharing with us. Your home and family are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very lovely holiday decorations!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely holiday decorations!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely holiday decorations!

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see your home - thanks for sharing!
I agree - the point is having fun with the kids, not a picture perfect home - although your home does look perfect!
Merry Christmas,
Karen at www.firstbrookfive.typepad.com

Barb said...

Your home is lovely, Kristen. I love the way the children are involved in the decorating. That's what makes it all so special. Your tree is so pretty and I love the nativity your mom gave you. But boy, I really love that fireplace. We don't have one. Sigh.

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet little family.

Anonymous said...

I think your decorations are lovely, Kristen. It sounds to me like your house is all about the children being involved in the decorating and that's the thing that counts most of all.

I love the navitivity your mom gave you and I really really love the fireplace it's sitting over. We don't have a fireplace. Lucky you.

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet little family.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing your pretty home (and loved your humorous comments too). Enjoyed your music selection very much-"Mary, Did You Know?" is one of my absolute favorites.

Thank you for sharing, and Merry Christmas!

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for sharing your home during the holiday season.

The chocolate chip cookies were delicious! Hot out of the oven, just the way I like them.

You have a beautiful tree.

I love that gold ornament and how special those are when your children make them.

Merry Christmas!

Tammy said...

Thank you for the Christmas tour...your home is lovely and your family very sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you invited us to share your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so festive. I love the picture of all of you by the door. That's a keeper. Your home is so nice Kristen. Thank you so much.

boomama said...

"The more lights the better" - AMEN. :-)

Love your decorations...and if you don't mind, I'll just be taking me a little to-go Rice Krispy treat on the way out.

:-)

TJ said...

enjoyed the tour very much and thanks so much for sharing your Christmas world with us!!
:-D

Anonymous said...

That toy shop is sweet and your mantle looks just lovely! Thanks for the tour!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tour. You have a lovely, welcoming home and a beautiful family. Merry Christmas!

XO,
Jill

PastormacsAnn said...

I love that you were all there to welcome us in with treats and music! You all did a great job decorating. I'm with you - more lights! more lights!

Thanks for the tour!

PastormacsAnn said...

I love that you were all there to welcome us in with treats and music! You all did a great job decorating. I'm with you - more lights! more lights!

Thanks for the tour!

Kelli said...

Your tree is beautiful and I love all of the special Christmas touches in your home! Thank you for the rice kripie treats, they are a favorite of mine!
Merry Christmas!
Kelli

Mrs. Darling said...

Great pics. Ive always wanted af ireplace mantel! Yours is beautiful! I got mine up late last night but you can come take a peek!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what was more beautiful... your home tour or the beautiful background music. Thanks for an absolutely wonderful tour!

Unknown said...

A house decorated by little hands is the best!
I'm loving these Christmas-themed posts. The song playing is one of my favorites. :-)

Anonymous said...

how fun. That was really cute.

Carole Burant said...

Kristen, thank you so much for opening your home to us...I so enjoyed the tour:-) Your house is so warm and welcoming and I love it that you let your children help you decorate...I use to let my boys help when they were little and I so miss that! Please tell the children they did a magnificent job decorating the tree:-) Merry Christmas to you and yours!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! I want a rice krispie treat!!

Anonymous said...

Everything is lovely! Thanks for the goodies! My favorite is the little toy shop.

Carol said...

Everything looks wonderful. Thank you for inviting us in!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Your home is really lovely decorated!

I loved your post, it seems to be written with a lot of love in it.

Merry christmas to you & your family,
Elisabeth

Pamela said...

Tag! Your it! Hope you can play! :)