Dec 8, 2006

Christmas Tree Treasures

It's my birthday today.
32 Years old
My daughter did a song and dance for me
I have to work.
FIL won't watch the kids tonight so I can go out to dinner.
I'm alive.
I have a husband and three beautiful children.
Dear Lord, please slow down time. Ok? That's all I want for my birthday.....
And now for....

My aunt, the lovely Morning Glory is hosting "Christmas Tree Treasures" today. It hit me at 9:00 last night that I had forgotten to borrow my mom's digital camera to take pictures for this event so I hustled my 32 year old booty down to her house last night to take some pictures. Can't miss out on this bloggy Christmas fun!! So, here are my Christmas Tree Treasures.

We are a "new" family....meaning we haven't collected a whole lot of ornaments yet. But there are several that are special to me so far. This was given to hubby and I from my aunt for our first Christmas together.


Our First Christmas 2

This is another "Our First Christmas Ornament" that my mom gave to us on our first Christmas.


Care Bear's 1st ChristmasCare Bear's 1st Christmas 2

These are Care Bear's 1st Christmas ornaments. One was given to her by my aunt, the other was given to her by my mom. (The one on the left showed her name visibly so I "erased" it.)


Feisty's 1st Christmas Ball This is Feisty's First Christmas ornament given to her, also by my mom. (and again...name erased).

Anakin's Santa OrnamentThis is an ornament that Anakin made at school last year. This year he questioned me as to why we don't have any of his "first Christmas balls" up on the tree. I had to tell him that I didn't know him when he was a baby. I think he feels left out, but he has plenty of other "special" ornaments on our tree!

Anakin's Ball

This is another ornament Anakin made at school that he is very proud of. To make it, they put glue inside the ornament, filled it with glitter and shook it around to make the glitter stick. We have two of these on our tree...he is very proud of them.

Special Ball

This is one of our special "year" balls. My mom has a tradition of buying a ball every year to commemorate that year. She gave us ths one last year to jump start us on this tradition.

And that is it. I had one more ball that I wanted to take a picture of and put up, it was my first Christmas ball; gold with my name written in green glitter. It was on our Christmas tree every year growing up and when I got my own family and my own Christmas tree, I adopted the ornament and have put it up every year. Including this year. But mysteriously, when picture time came last night, the ornament was missing. I believe it may have suffered at the hands of a step-son of mine who shall remain nameless and who simply can not keep his hands off of the tree. If I find it somewhere, I will officially offer him an apology, but for now......grrrrrr.

22 comments:

kpjara said...

I love the tree! Love the ornaments...each one.

Also...happy, happy birthday! I pray it's the best ever and that whatever you do tonight reflects the love with which you were created!

Anonymous said...

What a great bunch of ornaments! Isn't it fun to get them all out each year and enter the memories each one contains??

Happy Birthday girl!

someone else said...

Oh, those are wonderful, Kristen! Thanks so much for playing along and promoting the event.

Have a happy, happy birthday!!

Lala's world said...

wow they are really beautiful. and totally lol at your missing ornament, sorry but I FEEL your pain sista!! hehe

my treasures are up too!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (we are the same age:)

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! :D
(sorry it's been so long since I've been here!)
Love your ornaments! :D

And you know, I never knew all this time that Morning Glory was your aunt!

God bless!

Barb said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen. You know what? There must be SOMEONE who can watch the children so you can have that birthday dinner tonight. I'd gladly watch them for you if I were there. If you think you can make it to Grand Junction and back today, give me a call! Seriously, Happy, Happy Birthday to you.

Your ornaments are precious. I love it that you adopted the one that was on your tree when you were growing up.

I hope you find that ornament. Believe me, I understand how things just magically disappear with little ones around. I've been searching for my soup ladel for six weeks! I honestly have no idea how Cameron could have hidden it so well.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful ornaments with us. I can see that each one is very special to you.

brooke said...

happy happy birthday kristen!!! Love the ornaments. they are super cool!!

Pamela said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kristen!!! I really loved all the pictures your sweet Mom posted of you growing up!

My word, you were and are such a beautiful girl!
Hope you have a wonderful day and that you day is filled with sweet surprises! We just have to find someone to watch the kids so you can go out and celebrate!

Your Christmas ornaments are just adorable! I especially love the "1st Christmas Together" ornaments from your Mom and your Aunt. You must just cherish those, they are stunning!

Love Aniken's ornaments that he made too! :)

Diane Viere said...

Wanted to make it at the official post--HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!!

Diane

TJ said...

First Happy Birthday to YOU!!
and...thank you for sharing your treasures...your Mom's idea is great, a great idea to do with my adult children...thanks for sharing that!!
:-D

Linda said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! Your ornaments are just beautiful. My 28 year old daughter has an ornament with her name on it like the one you described. It's huge and usually doesn't "go" with all the smaller ornaments on the tree, but we save it for her to put on every year. Wouldn't be Christmas without it. Perhaps Santa will bring you another one:)
Have a wonderful Birthday Day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm sorry you can't make it tonight. I hope you get to enjoy the evening anyway!

Susanne said...

Hi Kristen! Nice to meet you. Thanks for coming by my site today and leaving a comment. I love your ornaments, especially that one that Anakin made with the glitter inside the ball. I'm gonna have to try that!

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day! Hope you got away for a fun night. Love the ornaments, especially the glittery one, that is too cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You! Hope you had a great one! Love your ornaments! Esp the glittery ones!

Carole Burant said...

First of all, Happy Bithday Kristen!! I didn't have a chance to visit all the participants yesterday so I'm doing it today! lol I so enjoyed seeing your special ornaments and reading the story behind them. I've always loved homemade ornaments and ones that have the date on them! Merry Christmas to you and yours:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me look at your beautiful ornaments.

Anonymous said...

I love your ornaments! They're obviously all very, very special. Thanks for sharing them with us!

I hope you find the missing one!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
You have a lot of special ornaments for your tree :-) I enjoyed looking at them. I love the ornaments and pictures kids make for Christmas. It's fun to put them up every year and add new ones.

Anonymous said...

What lovely ornaments. I especially like the metal ones. Just beautiful.

I posted two of my favorites as well.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet collection! I love the "Our first Christmas" with the hearts especially.

We just put our tree up Saturday and I just got my pictures up this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you at least got some cake!