Jul 23, 2007

Harry Potter--What Else?!

Little did I know the adventure I was in for when my cousin Nick so aptly told me back in March when I visited his family for Charley girl’s birthday that if I did not get to reading the Harry Potter series and soon that I would not know what was going on in the world come July. Between him, my 30 other cousins who have all read them and my step-son who was beginning to read them, I decided to give them a shot. And Nick couldn’t have been more correct. Whatever would I be doing right now if I had not begun this adventure?! I would be soooooo utterly missing out.

My book arrived on Saturday in the mail. Never have I ever been so excited to check my mail since back in the day when I would get at least two or three letters a week from my BFF cousin, Karen. Anyway…..I put the key in the mailbox slightly nervous that maybe, just perhaps, for some reason it wouldn’t have shown up. If that were the case, I was going to just hop in my car anyway and run to Target where I had seen at least a thousand copies of it and pick it up anyway. Who couldn’t use two copies of the last H.P. book? But there it was….in all its glory….in a box marked, “Warning Muggles: Do not deliver or open until July 21″. How cute is that?!

Anyhoo…..I have desparately been trying to pace myself. It’s been hard. I’m a little over halfway through and I am really trying to force myself to not read it all as quickly as I did the others. After all….this is it. But at the same time, I don’t want to read it too slowly and run the risk of hearing something I don’t want to hear before I finish it. Oh, what a conundrum.

If any of you have finished it, I beg of you, do not comment and inadvertently tell me something I don’t want to know!! I will notify you when I have finished and then we can discuss to our hearts content.

I have a couple of theories at this point, but I will not divulge because I will feel really stupid if I am wrong. REALLY STUPID.

I love Harry Potter. I only wished I had realized this years ago…..never too late, though….unless you hear the end before you start…..so I urge those of you who have not experienced the pure joy of Harry Potter yet to experience it soon…..you’ll be sorry if you don’t!
Off my H.P. soapbox now……how am I ever supposed to concentrate on work right now when I have this book sitting right here on my desk?! Good grief!

Oh, and one more thing…..Anakin made me a Harry Potter bookmark. How cute is that??
hp bookmark

1 comment:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Well I am reading it now - more than 1/2 of the way though and also trying to pace myself - it's the last one and MAN that's sad!!!