Oct 22, 2008

My Little Skit----Enjoy!!

Judge: "Divorce anyone?!?!"

Me: "Yes, sir. I'll take one, please."

Judge: "Take a number....you are next in line."

Me: "Thank you, oh kind sir...."

Judge: "Mrs....oh, excuse me....MISS Kristen.....one divorce coming up. Your order will be up tomorrow. Just be here on time. Oh....and with your babies' social security numbers, please."

Me: "You can count on me, sir. Oh, and if you could, please, kind sir. With my order, could you please super-size it and add in a kind, sweet, chivalrous, HARD-WORKING, loving husband, who loves my children somewhere down the road? I'm willing to pay extra."

Judge: "I can't help you there, ma'am. But if you make your request known to my boss, (his name is God....the big judge), he will take it into consideration, I am sure."

Me: " I will, sir. Thank you. But for now, thanks for my 'order'. Although it did take a little longer than I had hoped it would. Five months. Could've been worse, though. Thanks!"

Judge: "You're welcome. You're a free woman now. Go forth and do good things."

Me: "Count on it. Maybe one of these days in the near future, I will be working with you. I plan to make good things happen for me and my kids."

Judge: "I know you will. "Enjoy" your divorce."

Me: "No question about it. See ya!"

If this makes absolutely no sense to you whatsoever.....email me or my mom.....we'd be happy to explain!!

Over You by Daughtry (adapted to fit my situation)



Now that it’s all said and done

I can’t believe you were the one

To build me up and tear me down

Like an old abandoned house

What you said when I left

Just left me cold and out of breath

I fell too far, was in way too deep

Guess I let you get the best of me

(Chorus) Well I never saw it coming

I should have started running

A long, long time ago!

And I never thought I’d doubt you I’m better off without you

More than you, more than you know

I’m slowly getting closure I guess it’s really over I’m finally gettin’ better

Now I’m picking up the pieces

From spending all of these years

Putting my heart back together

‘Cause the day I thought I’d never get through I got over you!!! (End Chorus)

You took a hammer to these walls

Dragged the memories down the hall

I Packed my bags and walked away

There was nothing you could say,

And when I slammed the front door shut

A lot of other’s opened up

So did my eyes so I could see

That you never were the best for me

(Chorus) Well I never saw it coming I should have started running

A long, long time ago!

And I never thought I’d doubt you I’m better off without you

More than you, more than you know

I’m slowly getting closure I guess it’s really over

I’m finally getting’ better

Now I’m picking up the pieces

From spending all of these years

Putting my heart back together

‘Cause the day I thought I’d never get through I got over you!!!

17 comments:

Dawn said...

I never thought I'd see the day when I thought divorce was the best option for one of my kids! But it definitely is.

That's an amazing song - I hope it's not personal about Chris' marriage!

Linds said...

A day to remember, Kristen - You are going to be fine. You are building for the future now!

Linda said...

I'm glad it is over Kristen. You're doing an amazing job and I know the Lord has a good plan for you and the girls.

Sherry said...

yeah for a fresh start!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hallelujah! Finally!

I hope everything went the way you wanted in the final settlement. Now you can move onwards and upwards.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Sam said...

Congratulations, Kristen! Good for you for being strong enough to go through this. Divorce is always sad, but sometimes the very best choice to make. I'm hoping you feel free and as if a weight has been lifted from you.

And hang in there with school! It's going to be SO worth it!!

nancygrayce said...

Although it's not the perfect plan, sometimes it's a must. You'll be fine. I've been there! After a while, God did bring the husband he intended for me. He'll work that out for you!

Susie said...

I'm sure this day was filled with emotions for you.
Five months must have seemed a long time to wait.
My brother's divorce has been in the works for 13 months now. No end in sight..(they can't reach a settlement)
hugs!

Needled Mom said...

I am sure that the finality of the divorce must be bittersweet. I am also certain that you will emerge much stronger because of it. Hang in there and go after what you want in life.

jls said...

You are amazing!

Amy said...

Congrats!

Hope everything worked out the way you wanted it to.

Mary said...

Kristen,

It seems like this was the best thing for you and thank goodness it is over. Now you can go forward with your life, which is going to be great. I was a single mother for 17 years and though it's tough, you can do it.

I am keeping you and the girlies in my prayers.

Blessings and a big HUG
Mary

groovyoldlady said...

Hurray for open windows!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

So glad it's over! Have a wonderful day and celebrate with those beautiful kids of yours!

You Have Been Booed!.

Nancy said...

Blessings to you my friend, God is good, and with Him and your family support... you can DO anything! Go girl, I'm so proud of you, just take one day at a time and enjoy every precious moment with your girls.

Barb said...

I know this was a long road, Kristen. I'm glad this is behind you - already you're moving forward. I see great things for you and your girls. This was the first step and had to be done.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you and your girls can move forward now. Hang in there with school and enjoy your precious girls!