Jul 13, 2006

The Reun"fun"

Well, when we last left Mama's So Called Life, Mama (that would be me) was very excited, yet nervous, about the upcoming reunion. Nervous because I was unsure how my children were going to do on the long 13 hour trek to our destination. You may all rest easy and start sleeping again (because I know you were sooo concerned) because my children were wonderful. I did not give them enough credit. They were amazing, well-behaved, patient and, well...just great. You may applaud now....a standing ovation is in order, if you so wish.

Our first night was spent at Queen Beth's royal castle. From the minute we arrived, I barely saw Anakin any longer as he and Beth's Little Man forged an immediate and long lasting bond due to their mutual adoration of Pokemon. In fact, since returning last night, Anakin has already spoken to Little Man on the phone. He is quite bored since our return home, and the neighbor kids are no longer worthy of his company since he has spent the last week with a cool kid two years older than he. Care Bear and Feisty thoroughly enjoyed their time with Princess and Duchess and Care Bear attempted to sleep in their room, but ended up pitter pattering her way to my room after all.

Once at the reunion the following day, and the remainder of the time, Anakin spent all of his time frolicking on the beach with Little Man and Cool playing Pokemon. Care Bear played with all of the little girls and thoroughly enjoyed her time playing in the sand and in the water. I officially have a "fish". Feisty, I was hoping, would let go of the apron strings permanently attached to mommy and spend some time with the kids, but if anything, her attachment to me tightened, rather than loosening. She would have nothing to do with anyone but mommy and would not let anyone do anything for her except mommy. At least I know I'm loved.

Activites included (but were not limited to):
-canoeing
-jet skiing
-kayaking
-swimming
-eating
-eating
-eating
and did I mention....eating?

Yes, we ate quite well at the reunion, mostly out on the deck looking over the gorgeous lake. It was quite simply put: HEAVEN ON EARTH.

We are all sporting nice golden tans and lighter shades in our hair.

Coming home was not quite the picnic going out there was. The trip home, not as smooth. There was a long ride ahead of us with the anticipation of the reunion behind us. Going home? How BORING!

Hubby missed us sufficiently. Yeah. Good to know we were missed.

The kids left their beautiful behavior back at the beach and have treated me on our first day back with tempers, hitting, screaming, crying....you name it. It has been FUN. I guess I need to install a beach, complete with canoes, in my backyard.

I'm suffering from severe back pain today. Not sure of the cause, not sure if it warrants a trip to the doctor, but I feel like a crotchety old lady today.

The fun is done!

Thanks to Beth, Karen, and Morning Glory for all your hard work in making the reunion such a wonderful time for all!!

Oh, and my girls are currently displaying their beautiful little dresses made my the awesome Karen! Thanks, cuz! You RULE!!

3 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Welcome Back! What a fun family you have!

I missed reading you daily--however, I knew you were having a fabulous time......so I forgive you! :)

Hope you ease back into reality...however, I know there is always a price to pay for such a fantabulous time away!

Come out of the laundry room from time to time to check in!

Diane

Mall Worker said...

I'm so glad that you and your family had a blast! I hope that the kids settle back down in their routine for you!

Good to see you back :)

Gabriela said...

Wow, sounds like a great trip.

Don't you love it when your kids behave? :)