Jul 26, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday!

worksformewednesday

Lo and behold....this week I thought of something that "works for me". To you other extremely creative and efficient moms out there, you may look at this and say, "Well, duh", or "There's a better way to do this." It's a pretty simple and easy thing, really.

I have a serious problem losing socks: my socks, my kids' socks....I don't touch my husband's socks with a ten foot pole. I had heard a suggestion from someone to buy a mesh bag that could be put in the washing machine, throw all the socks in there, and they wouldn't be lost. Instead, I came up with my own solution.

When my kids take their socks off at night, and I take my socks off, I fold them together just like they are folded when they are clean, and then when I'm ready to wash them, they are together and don't get lost in the mountains of other laundry. Then when they are washed and dried, they get put back together again and VOILA....no more missing socks.

It's kind of elementary, but it WORKS FOR ME!

7 comments:

Heather Smith said...

This is a good thing! I bet it makes the drier monsters mad! Have a good one!

Mall Worker said...

Thats a good idea! I just hate losing socks!

Ashley said...

we lose socks constantly and my husband (bless his soul) just wears them mismatched. i was watching him fold socks one day and one had a red stripe and one had a blue stripe and he stuck them together. when i asked about it he said "well, i can't find the others and it is close enough." ok honey...let's just pray no one has to look at his feet for any reason!!

someone else said...

What a great idea! I have had so many socks eaten by the washing machine over the years. Or lost under the debris in a closet.

Lei said...

nothing that works well is too "elementary"!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

My dh safety pins them together. I used to make fun of him, until I lost all our socks. Then I started pinning and haven't lost them again.

Gabriela said...

Great idea, I am always losing socks.