Dec 7, 2007

Birthday Eve

It is the day before my birthday and I am looking out my window at work to a fresh blanket of snow covering the lawn, slushy streets and snow brushed trees. It's a beautiful, Christmas-ey scene. When I was a young girl, it was always my dream to have snow on my birthday. Most of the time it didn't happen. I have always loved snow; always loved winter; always loved the "cozy" feeling it creates. I still love the snow, but it has gotten more now to where I enjoy looking at it more than being out in it and playing in it. I am happy that there will be snow for my birthday this year; since my birthday is on a Saturday this year, I look forward to (hopefully) being able to sleep in a little, enjoy the current book I am reading and having a fire in the fireplace. I don't have many plans for tomorrow since for the most part my birthday has already been celebrated. I do have a Scentsy party to go to tomorrow at Sherry's house and I'm hoping I feel like I have enough cash to get a little something for myself. We'll see.

Last night, Mike and I and the troops went to Applebee's for dinner to use my gift cards that my mom and dad got for me for my birthday. The kids love Applebee's (mainly I think because they like to get balloons there). It was a nice time and we spent all but $.13 (that's cents) of the gift cards. How is that for planning?! After that, we took them on a little drive around one of the neighborhoods where we live to look at some fabulous lights and lawn decorations. Their excitement of the decorations and their awe of them (particularly the lit up reindeer that moved) was contagious and it made me feel like a kid again sitting in the backseat of my parent's car and feeling the excitement of Christmas.

I received the most precious birthday gift last night that I have ever received. It instantly became one of my most prized posessions and I wish I could somehow preserve it to ensure it never gets ripped, smeared, written on, or in anyway destroyed. My precious little Care Bear spent the entire morning creating a birthday present for me; she even painted the wrapping paper herself and wrapped it up in a box all by herself. I have never seen her more proud, and my heart has never felt more full than when I received this wonderful present from my little girl who thought of me and created a gift for me from her heart. Care Bear loves to draw, color, paint, etc... and she loves to make up stories. She wrote me a book complete with illustrations. I'm going to post it for you because you just have to see it. I'll have to interpret for you because she didn't ask for any help with spelling; she sounds out words herself and is very literal and phonetic.


FRONT COVER
front cover (Small)

PAGE 1

1st page (Small)

"Hi! Today is my Mommy's Birthday. I can't wait!"

PAGE 2

2nd page (Small)

"My Mommy (something I can't make out here). I'm going to go do something." (Note the picture in the corner of her going out the door.)

PAGE 3

3rd page (Small)

"Let's go get my Mommy's present!" (the picture is of her and her friend, Blondie 1)

PAGE 4

4th page (Small)

"Let's split up, OK?" (Care Bear and Blondie 1 again)

PAGE 5

5th page (Small)

"No."

(This is me looking for my party and my present).

PAGE 6

6th page (Small)

"No!"

(Still looking for the party and my present).

PAGE 7

7th page (Small)

"No!"

(And still!)

PAGE 8

8th page (Small)

"Happy Birthday!"

(And I finally found my party and my presents!)

BACK COVER

back cover (Small)
I will cherish this forever and ever, AMEN!!
Next time you hear from me, I will officially be 33.
christmasdivider7
And as I sit here enjoying the wintery scene and the cold, my parents are currently on a plane jetting towards tropical weather and beaches to celebrate their 35 years of marriage. As jealous as I am, they greatly deserve it and I hope they have a fabulous time!
christmasdivider7
Have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Sherry said...

That is the cutest cutest litte book! I love the "no?...no?...no?" so priceless. Glad you get to come tomorrow!!!--can you let Angie know? Sorry-I thought I had her number...but I don't think I do. I had an invitation filled out and ready to go...but it's, um, tomorrow...

Linds said...

What a beautiful gift! Happy Birthday, Kristen! Have a great day with your family.

Unknown said...

That book is the BEST!!!

Happy birthday! Enjoy the scentsy party! I highly recommend "cozy fireside" and "baked apple pie" aromas. Yumm!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

How precious! Yay Carebear! ;o)

Happy 33rd, Kristen. Hope it's a wonderful birthday for you.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Fresh Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen!! Hope you have a great one -- that sweet little book your daughter created for you must have gotten it started on the right track. :)

Dawn said...

Oh, my word! My eyes are welling with pride and joy for that sweet little girl and what she thinks of doing all by herself. That is just wondeful! You must have it laminated and preserved.

We made it fine and are crashing now after being up for 17 hours.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KRISTEN!

Andrea said...

What a very special gift. I, too, would treasure it f-o-r-e-v-e-r. You have a very special daughter (well, both of them are special, I'm sure).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Enjoy the scent party and get something for yourself...you deserve it!!

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Kristen
Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!!!

It's no wonder you will treasure this gift of Care Bear's always, it is absolutely precious and it brought tears to my eyes looking at all the drawings and writing...she really put her whole heart into it:-) xoxo

someone else said...

Happy Birthday.

I'm with Karen on the "Cozy Fireside" scentsy. It's wonderful.

Linda said...

Much love and wishes for a very special birthday Kristen. I pray this year will be filled with God's richest blessings in your life. Just think - next year you'll be celebrating with four daughters!!
That is an absolutely precious book. It will have a permanent place in your heart for always.
Have a Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday. All of the photos are beautiful, but most of all is the lovely drawings created by Care Bear. It is a treasure, indeed.

When the grandsons make this type of thing for me, I put it into a portfolio I made out of Bristol board. Some very special ones I had laminated to preserve them. Just a suggestion.

I hope your parents have a safe and wonderful trip.

Blessings,
Mary

peppylady (Dora) said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Barb said...

Just stopping by to wish you a happy birthday, Kristen. The book is so adorable, I wonder if you could laminate it. I've got things like this the girls made for me when they were little and I laminated them so that I know they'll last forever.

Hope you had a wonderful day today. (I'm posting this Saturday evening.)

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday!!!

What a beautiful gift from that adorable daughter of yours.

Hope you've had a wonderful day of celebrating.

Samantha

Anonymous said...

I came over from Pea's to wish you the happiest of birthdays! The 8th is my birthday too! Only I am now officially 42. LOVE your book! My Rosie made me a card that I will treasure always as well. :o)