Dec 5, 2007

Wednesday

Yeah, you read the title right. Wednesday. That is all I can come up with for today. I'd probably be better off without any title, huh?

As is par for the course for me lately, this is a post full of random bits of things that fly through my brain at any unsuspecting moment that I think I absolutely must preserve for prosperity; when in reality, someday I'll look back at these posts and say, "Why did I think that was important?!?!" If nothing else, it will remind me how scattered my brain was the year I was pregnant with twins.

Twins. I can't believe I'm having twins. It hits me like that every now and then. Scary.


christmasdivider7

I would first like to thank a new commenter on my blog for her sweet comment to me the other day. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have a blog, so I can't return the favor by visiting her blog, so I would just like to say "Hi!" to Samantha and thank her for the nice comment. I'm glad you enjoy it here and I hope you come back to visit again!

christmasdivider7

And then I would like to apologize. I have been neglecting you. Yes, you. You who so faithfully read my blog and continue to come back every time I post; but who rarely gets a return visit. That would be probably the majority of people I have on my blog-roll. I go through my bloglines every day with good intentions. However, I'm lucky if I get through the day having commented on two or three blogs. And I used to be so faithful! I'm sorry. I haven't forgotten you. I still love you all! I just can't form many complete thoughts lately, much less focus on a blog long enough to read it and then comment. Is there a condition called "Pregnancy ADD"? Cuz I think I have it. For sure. But I have made an early New Year's Resolution. (Is that allowed?! And if it is, does that negate me from making a resolution on January 1?? I hope so!) My resolution is to be better about keeping in touch with all of you. I miss you all and I'll tell you what! All those harassing phone calls and pesky people pestering me at work all day? Well, they can take a back seat for now. OK, that was a lie. I'm just kidding. But I am going to try to be better about stopping by all of your places. Did you see that caveat in there? Try. I don't make many promises right now. (*But I do love you!!*)

christmasdivider7

This Saturday is my birthday. Wee! Yipee Skippy! Hurrah! We actually celebrated it for the most part this past weekend for several reasons; most of which revolve around the fact that my parents are skipping town on me and will probably be sipping on non-alcoholic Mai Tai's and swimming with sting-rays at the exact moment 33 years ago that I entered this world. Or rather, my Dad will be swimming with sting rays. My mom will probably be sitting on a beach with her nose buried in some book. I'm not jealous though. Oh, no....not at all!

Anyway, it just so happened that this past Saturday at our church was "Parent Freedom Night". About once every other month, the teens are lucky enough to get to be paid by us for the priviledge of watching all of our little rug-rats so us adults can go out and do whatever our little hearts desire. This was perfect timing for Mike and I to be able to go out and celebrate my b-day without completely imposing on my parents. They were imposed on at 9:00, however, when they had to go pick them up and have them stay overnight at their house. But at least they didn't have to entertain them the whole evening, right? I mean, come on. How many opportunities do you really think I am going to be able to go out and enjoy an evening out sans kids once the squirts arrive?! Who in their right mind will ever agree to take on five kids for the evening just for our sakes?! I feel the walls caving in. The little freedom I have left is slipping away at a fairly rapid pace. I'm starting to suffocate!!

Um, anyway. So, we went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant where we ran into two other couples from our church also out enjoying a kidless evening. I mean, there's probably about 200 restaurants in the area; what are the odds of running into two other couples at the same restaurant?! We then decided to go to a movie. The one we really wanted to see we were late for, so we made a big mistake and chose to see "The Mist". I implore of you not to waste your hard earned money on this movie. Worst $15 I ever spent. We walked out 45 minutes into it and ended up going home to watch a movie on DVD. Something we could do any other night of the week after the kids go to bed. Oh, well. It was nice and quiet and peaceful.

Sunday, my mom had our family and my SIL (who shares the same b-day over) and Kevin over for a birthday dinner. It was tasty, and I ate way too much cake. WAY too much cake. She got me my electric blanket!! I walk around my house with that thing now like it's a security blanket. I wuv my new bwankie!!

christmasdivider7

I am now going to re-post a little poem I wrote last year at about this time, because right now it is so apropos.

--Adapted from “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Kristen P. December, 2006 (sung with the same tune)

It’s the most germiest time of the year
When the kids are all coughing
And Mommy is puking
Oh please don’t come near!
It’s the most germiest time of the Year!

It’s the sick-sickiest season of all
When the cold man is calling
And Lysol is spraying
No friends come to call!!
It’s the sick-sickiest season of all!

There’ll be Pepto a-plenty
And stomachs are empty
And hacking is all you can hear
There’ll be foreheads a –roasting
No time for blog posting
It’s not a good season I fear!

It’s the Germ-Germiest time

OF THE YEAR!
Last week Care Bear and I had the stomach crap. Whilst Feisty was fighting yet another UTI, unbelievable as that is. Feisty finished her antibiotic, and the doctor is now convinced that her UTIs are a result of her constipation problem. We are supposed to be putting a stool softener in her apple juice once a day for her to drink, but right after we started doing that, she came down with a stomach bug and let me tell you how messy things can get when you combine a stomach bug with bowel movements loosened by stool softener! Yeah. The smell isn't so pleasant either. (I bet I lost about half of you right about here!)

Anyway, due to the stomach yuckies, we decided to hold back on the laxative because, well, the bug seemed to be doing the job for her. But now she's backed up again. She's consistently complaining of stomach pain. Last night I was in the car taking her to the ER when she vomited all over the car and then promptly fell asleep. I got about a good 3 hours of sleep last night. So did she. I'm so tired of this. She's so tired of this. Why can't the doctors figure out what is really going on with my baby and help me come up with a solution that will actually work?! I'm tired of watching my 3 year old precious girl suffer and constantly have to be on antibiotics. Something has to give.

christmasdivider7

I have a playlist of Christmas music currently playing in my side bar. One of my favorite Christmas songs (sung by one of my favorite male singers) is playing in it: "Mary Did You Know" sung by Clay Aiken. Our praise band is going to sing this song on Sunday for the offeratory. I love it. Wish I could find a way to record it and stream it here because we're doing a pretty cool version of it. Hmmm. Anyone know a way to do that? Easily?

christmasdivider7

And one more little item that had me seeing dark red this week. A little tidbit of celebrity "news" that I have seen all over the place. Go to TMZ.com and see what the huge buzz this week is. I'm sure you already have, but it makes me so mad. Leave the girl alone. She's normal. She just got engaged. Let her frolic in the ocean in peace! For cryin' out LOUD!

christmasdivider7

Wow I'm jabbery today. Must be all the sugar from the three donuts I have eaten this morning. Three donuts! What is wrong with me?!?!

Hope your Wednesday is fabulous!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

You forgot to mention that we picked up them up at 9 after entertaining 8 people at our house for the evening. Hmmm?

Well, who did you run into? You didn't tell me that piece. That's cool! I don't even know where you went.

That flap about Jennifer Love Hewitt is positively sickening. I saw a headline on msn.com that I didn't click on, but now makes sense - "Size 2 is no fat!" Go read the article - she's fighting back. GO GIRL!!

On a less desirable note, I was looking at our Hawaii pix from 10 years ago and I thought I was fat THEN! Yikes - no, Jennifer, I will not be putting on a bikini, no matter what!

Sam said...

Wow! A shout-out! For me!! You are SO NICE!!! :-)

I love your poem. So apropos for this time of year.

BTW, my sister has twins. We're neighbors so I see them every day and I've got to tell you, twins are so much FUN!! Sure, they're work, but honestly not as much as I had anticipated. My neice and nephew are three now and they can entertain each other for hours. It's so wonderful to watch them play and to see their relationship grow. So hang in there! You're in for a real treat! :-)

Mmmmmmmm...donuts. You're eating for three, so three it is! Makes sense to me. :-)

Andrea said...

Ugh. The stomach flu is the thing I dread the most this time of year. So far we're in the clear -- I (and the kids) have never washed my hands so much in my entire life!!

I hope you can soon really figure out what's wrong with your 3 year old. I can't even imagine...

And don't feel bad about not visiting or commenting on blogs...it sounds like you are plenty busy (and tired!) enough with 3 kids, pregnant with twins, etc.

I hope you get more sleep the rest of this week.

Fresh Girl said...

Your mom told me to come by and visit you because you're, as she said, "a big fan of Clay Aiken" and I come here, and you're admitting it yourself! Yay!! You clearly have excellent taste in male singers. ;) He's my pretend boyfriend, you know. That's right. And when he comes to his senses I'm sure he'll be by to get me. hee!

Hope you've seen him in concert recently -- he's grown so much as an entertainer!

Looney Mom™ said...

Well in case I don't make it back here on Saturday, Happy Birthday (but I'll try ;) and maybe have a regular mai tai on your behalf. lol.

Oh and poor babies being sick with all this junk. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of that. I do hope you all get and stay healthy!! You can't be sick for Christmas.

I was wondering about that movie, The Mist; it seemed like a good one, but I guess not... bummer.

Rachelle said...

I haven't checked in on your blog in awhile, but twins? Holy wow! Congrats!!!!! That will be busy, but fun. And Happy Birthday coming up!

Sherry said...

shoot, you need to go out as much as you can right now-totally don't blame you. Sounds like you had a great night though.

Mary said...

Cute poem! I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well last week. It seems that there is a bug going around up here too. Lots of people have colds, but now that the temperatures are staying chilly we should be okay. The flexible temperatures always seem to cause illness.

Happy Birthday. I hope you have a wonderful day and that the coming year brings abundant blessings.

Hugs,
Mary

Cheryl said...

A night out sounds wondermus!

Twins coming! Wow

nancygrayce said...

Have a Happy Birthday!

JD said...

YEah I finally found your BLOG again. I had lost it and NOW I am back being a regular visitor! TWINS I am so excited for you and your family. Are they girls, boys or do you know yet?? YOu LOOK so GOOD.

Three doughnuts sounds like your beauty treatment! And it is working!