Dec 11, 2007

Those Kids Of Mine

First, I want to thank everyone for the nice birthday wishes this weekend! Nothing spectacular occurred over the weekend for me in regards to birthday celebration; as I mentioned before, most of the celebrating had already happened. Care Bear was a little dismayed over the lack of excitement for my big day exclaiming "What is a birthday without a party or a cake?!" Hard to explain to an enthusiastic 5 year old party connoseur that the older you get, the less you care (in fact you actually prefer) to have your birthday made a big deal of.

I did go to a Scentsy party on Saturday at Sherry's house and purchased a warmer and two scents. Right off the top of my head I can't remember which ones they are, but they smell good! I was going to get Cozy Fireside like Karen suggested, because it is definitely yummy, but she would have had to order it and I was simply too impatient to have to wait to use it, so I got one that was already in stock.


christmasdivider7
We are currently in the midst of our first major snowstorm of the year here in Colorado. It's lovely to look at, and I would be thoroughly enjoying it if I were sitting at home in my giant recliner, snuggled up in my electric blanket by the fire drinking a steaming hot cup of coffee. But instead I had to brave the storm and make my way up north and the drive which normally takes me between 15-20 minutes took me an hour and a half. An hour and a half people! I was over 30 minutes late to work this morning and as it was I gave myself 45 minutes to get here, which I thought would be plenty of time. I should have known better.

christmasdivider7

Last night, when I arrived home from work, my kids were in full Christmas spirit mode. They had been outside building snowmen and Care Bear was in the process of writing and illustrating a new Christmas Carol. When it was complete, we all had to assemble on the couch where she taught us the new Christmas carol and led us in a sing-a-long. Anakin and I were to sing the song with her, and Feisty was to provide background vocals. I am going to post the Christmas Carol now for you and I advise you to learn it because I am 100% positive that it will be the next great Christmas Carol of our time!

"SNOWBALL FIGHT DAY"

Cover Page (Small)


1st page (Small)

"In my stocking is a candy cane and some candy"

3rd page (Small)

"Outside there is a snowman and snow"


2nd page (Small)

"Under the tree there is some presents"

final page (Small)

"The tree is so pretty"

Once we learned the new carol and she felt satisfied that we had sung it satisfactorily, she hopped on "stage" (the fireplace bricks) with Feisty and they performed "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolph". This was all done with a rather "goofy" and lighthearted air, but then Anakin wanted to perform. And he got up on stage in all seriousness and proceeded to sing "Away In A Manger" in perfect, falsetto pitch. It makes me sad that he can not ever be a part of the children's musical performances at church because he is never there on Sunday. I know without a doubt that Miss Tammy (the children's music director) would have some great part for him in their performances because he really does have an amazing voice and ability to sing on pitch. Anakin's singing ability is one of the few things that he has a high level of confidence in. I wish he had the opportunity to showcase it more.

christmasdivider7

After the performances, we had to rush to church to practice for Mom and Dad's (a.k.a. me and Mike's) deal on Christmas Eve. The praise band is leading the Christmas Eve service this year. I don't think that's ever happened before, but I think what we have planned is going to be great and I'm looking forward to it. On the way to church for practice, I told the kids about Grandma Dawn's accident in Hawaii and that we needed to be sure to remember to pray for her when we went to bed that night.

Feisty became very distraught at this news. In a little teary voice she said that she wanted to get Grandma a "washcloth with ice in it to help her feel better" (Feisty's answer to any type of pain whether it be a cut, scrape, bruise, splinter or tummy ache is water, whether in the form of a bath, a warm cloth, or a cloth with ice wrapped in it.) I told her that Grandma is in Hawaii right now, but I'm sure she would love that when she gets home. Feisty sat there for a minute quietly then said, "I'm worried about her. In the morning, I am going to get her a washcloth with ice in it to make her feel better." Since reading Grandma Dawn's post today, I am going to have to let her know that she is feeling better today so she can quit worrying so much. She's also very concerned about the pain I will be in when I have the babies. She assures me she will be there to "take care of me". I love that child.


christmasdivider7

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

16 comments:

Mary said...

Kristen,

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful post. I enjoyed my visit and always enjoy hearing about your children.

Thanks also for visiting my blog and taking part in the Christmas fun. I will announce the winner late Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I think I may just wait to let everyone get their guesses in by midnight Wednesday.

I am keeping your mother in my prayers. I read on her blog where she had the accident.

Love and blessings,
Mary

Dawn said...

Oh, this whole thing made me laugh and cry. Those adorable kids!! I sure hope more people come over and read this! They are the best. I'll call and talk to Feisty and assure her that I'm much better/

Fresh Girl said...

You have the most creative kids! What a wonderful thing. :)

Tammy said...

I loved visiting you today...hearing the stories and "learning" the new carol of the year! :)

(My five year old is always making up a new song and drawing, so this seemed so familiar...I'm sure our children would get along wonderfully!)

You know, I haven't read your mom's Hawaii story yet, so I'm off to there right now! Yikes!
But Fiesty sounds like such a tender-hearted little girl...so sweet!

So glad you stopped by today Kristen...God bless!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry I wasn't around this weekend to wish you a happy birthday on time. Welcome to the age of 33...it seems to be a popular age to have babies!

You have such talented and thoughtful children. I love Care Bear's new Christmas carol and Feisty's concern for your mom and you. That is so sweet!

Andrea said...

Your chilren are so precious. I love when kids show their compassionate side...it's so sweet.

p.s. i tagged you for a 'hoopla' on my blog...go check it out.

Sherry said...

What a sweet little story. She's too cute. Your poor mama! So glad you were able to come on Sat. It was really fun to have you there. I think I'm an official Scentsy addict...

Gabriela said...

Hey! You found me. I had lost you-when I would try to go to your site from Bloglines it would take me to some other site.

YOU ARE HAVING TWINS??????? Holy smokes, congratulations. are you scared??? And more girls-that's wonderful! how fun to have so many daughters. :)

Ok,so we'll be in touch now-right?

(yes, I heard about the snow-it's over 100 here. I am dying)

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Kristen thanks for stopping by and visiting the 'ole blawg'! Love your daughters card, what an artist and what an imagination! Adorable! You will keep it forever. Sorry to hear about your Mom's accident. I went over and read her rendition of the event. I didn't know she was going to be blogging from Hawaii so that was a nice surprise. We have lots of snow here too with more to come on the weekend. They are telling us 10 - 20 inches possibly! Yippee! I'll be out putting around on my snowmobile! You do such a great job with your own blog designs, you should go into the business. I love all the things you have done to your mother's site and told her so last week and she said you had done it all. Nice to have a talented daughter! Take care of yourself and those two babies!! :o) xoxo

Midlife Mom said...

PS I forgot to say that flipping houses is buying fixer uppers, redoing them and then selling them again quickly. It's fun but a lot of work and a bit risky so you have to be careful. I love it and am very selective as it's a hobbie not my main income, I leave that to Hubby! ha!

Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, you drive carefully in that snow...I don't like driving in the winter time at all! Care Bear's newest Christmas song and illustrations are TERRIFIC...you all must have so much fun:-) I would love to hear Anakin sing...Away In A Manger is one of my favourites. I was so glad to hear that your mom's knee and ankle are feeling so much better...poor little Feisty, so worried about her Grandma:-( xoxo

Gina said...

I haven't been over here in a long time! I thought you got a new blog, but this looks like your original.


I can't get over Care Bear's art work and lyrics. Outstanding little woman!


Feisty is a compassionate one, isn't she? What a doll!

Susie said...

Hi Kristen,
Thanks for visiting me and your sweet comment. You must be so very proud of your daughter's tender heart. She just sounds like the most caring child.
hugs!

Susie said...

Me again! Forgot to wish you a belated Happy Birthday!
:)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are simply adorable! :o)

Saying a prayer for Grandma Dawn...

Mary said...

Kristen,

You have won my little christmas present contest. The gifts do indeed, contain Lego. Please go to my blog and email me your address so I can mail your book and also let me know if you would like me to sign it.

Thanks so much for participating. It was so much fun to read the guesses of all the participants.

Blessings,
Mary