Apr 18, 2008

The Buzz This Week

So, I thought once I was back at work it'd be much easier to keep up on this thing. But it turns out that since I'm back only part time now, and my hours coincide with covering everyone's lunches, I don't have as much "play time" as I used to when I was here 8 hours a day. Which also means I don't have as much time to go and visit you all; cuz it could literally take my entire four hour shift to visit everyone in my bloglines. So, I read when I can and post when I can; which unfortunately for me.....is not very often.

But here's the buzz around my parts as of late:

CARE BEAR:

Still obsessed with NKOTB. I have created a monster! She must watch my old, ancient NKOTB video at least once a day....often times many more than that. It is typically the show she chooses to watch before she goes to bed. And she insists that I watch it with her. Now, in my day, I probably watched it at least 1/2 dozen times a day. I can't even believe it's still functioning. And while it was fun and reminiscient to watch it once....maybe twice.....I must say that I'm getting a little weary of it now. I'm just about ready to hide it.

I purchased Care Bear the NKOTB Greatest Hits album--at least she now has something to listen to in the car. But not just in the car---no, that's not good enough. We have to listen to it in the house as well as we watch her dance and sing to it under her "celebrity moniker"---Mikayla. Yes, she has given herself an assumed name. She has strict rules (i.e. no laughing, no smiling, no getting up, and no talking during her shows.) She's a cross between a diva in the making and a grouchy old school teacher. After her "shows", she allows us to stand in line for autographs from "Mikayla." Sooo.....do you all think American Idol will still be around in the year 2018 when Care Bear will be 16??

She wrote notes for the "boys" the other day. Loooooove notes. Yikes. I'm getting scared.



nkotb--jordan (Small)
nkotb--joe (Small)
nkotb--jon (Small)
nkotb--danny (Small)
nkotb--donnie (Small)
Another Care Bear tidbit: Here is a little conversation she had with my mom the other day while I was at work (this is copied and pasted from an e-mail my mom sent me):
She is typing away on a calculator telling me she's doing
CSAPs. I ask her if she has to do CSAPs at school. She says, no, but they have
to be quiet when the other kids are taking them. Then she tells me Anakin said
he'd be annoyed at her if she
was noisy while he was taking them. Then she
told me she didn't need to take them because she's already smart, and CSAPs make
you smart. Then - she says,"Grandma, what are CSAPs?
Feisty News:

Feisty is still trying to learn to go potty. She's gotten to the point where she refuses to wear training pants anymore, yet every day soaks and/or soils her underwear and pants. She's getting there, but hasn't quite got it. She's even gotten to where she doesn't want to wear training pants at night. I have had to gently force this issue because I have no desire in the middle of the night to bathe my (almost) four year old and change sheets because she has soaked and/or soiled her jammies and bed. I applaud her desire and her willingness to go from training pants to underwear; but not at night; not until she has got it. So we've compromised. She wears underwear over her training pants at night.

This morning I'm at work when I receive a wonderful "letter" and picture from Feisty:


vvbbcbvvbvvvnvbvbvnfvfhhjfhhfffffffffffffvhvhgfghfghgtjhkgjjthhyhgjghh
ghjhrgrgkjkerkjjkgjhjjjhngnhhmnjjjvnnnvvnbnnnnbmn
nnbvvbnnvbvbfbgmgbmmmfbnfbgbffgbgnffiofytyiytygjjtjufhuuyuyjhruuiyt5
7hrhojthhtgggffjfgbdgdfgfggfgjdfjsdgjddjgdfhjgdjhgdgsjfdhghafhdafg
fdgghdfgfhfggggggghfgfjfhghfhgggfvvvffbvfvvfgfff
b gbfgbghbggbgbgtybddhdfbfgh
vsacvbnbnbnbjffhfgfbfbnvnbbffbhnvfhghgrhfhfghhfggfhbbgbnfknknbbnnbjhh
Roughly translated, this says something like, "Dear Mommy, I went poopy in the potty all by myself! I love you so much, etc, etc, etc...."

Now, I will show you a picture, but am warning you to scroll quickly past it or look away now if pictures that proud 4 year olds take of what they "produce" in the potty offend or disgust you. This is Feisty's proof to send to Mommy. She wanted to save it in the toilet til I got home, but Grandma convinced her to do this instead:


poopy in the potty (Small)
Yay, Feisty!! Mommy is soooo proud of you! We'll do the "happy dance" when I get home!
********************************
Feisty has very cute ways of putting things. For instance; she calls goose bumps "juice bumps", she says her heart is "beeping" instead of beating and today, when we were driving to meet Grandma at my office, she took of her sock and shoe and was thoroughly irritated. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "My toes are snoring". (Feisty speak for her foot is asleep). Everyone together now......"Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"!!

TWIN NEWS:

And last, but definitely not least.....some twin stuff.

Our church is blessed to have the best nursery attendant ever. Her name is Sandy and every child who ever has the pure luck to be in the nursery with her absolutely adores her. Feisty is beyond her nursery days now, but still considers Sandy her "best friend". Since my older girls have "graduated" and moved on to bigger and better things, Sandy is now thrilled to have two more of my offspring to coddle over. And coddle she does! Here are the chunky monkey twins (as opposed to teeny-tiny) modeling their new duds, courtesy of Sandy:

diaper shirt (Small)diaper shirt close up (Small)

I.LOVE.THESE.SHIRTS!! They crack me up!!! Like these babies' butts could EVER look big! Welll.....maybe when the diapers are full their back ends might protude a little. But anyway....

Then, here they are modeling their custom made beautiful little fleece blankies given to me by a friend at church whose sister makes them. They even came in little custom made bags with their names on them!!

Emma's blankie (Small)Kate's blankie (Small)
On the pretty blankets (Small)


The little girlies are growing cuter by the day and their personalities have definitely started to make themselves known. Emma (aka "Little Squirt" aka "I can't sit still in my mama's belly") is actually the more mellow, "go with the flow" kinda gal. Much more content to lay on the floor or swing in her swing and look up at you with her piercing, beautiful blue eyes. Katie (aka "big squirt") is a fuss budget. A snorter. Her eyes may be piercing and beautiful as well, but more often than not, her face is screwed shut in a crying, screaming position, so it's hard to tell. OK, so it's not that bad, but she is much fussier than her twin. She has, however, treated me to some beautiful smiles lately and when she is content, loves to lay on the floor and kick to her hearts content.

Sleeping is still a crap shoot. Never know how it's going to go from one night to the next. So, as always, I am tired. Probably will be until I'm 50 years old....if I live that long!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Maine Mom said...

Love the update! I love Care Bear's comment about being smart and then asks what CSAPs are. Too cute.

Yay Feisty for making potty progress!

The shirts and blankets for the twins are so cute! It's interesting that Emma is more mellow now than in the womb. She was anxious to meet her mama and see the world!...and now she's content.

You have a great weekend, too!

Nadine said...

Your mom directed me over. Your twins are so cute. I love the shirts...very funny.

Funnier still is the photo of the poop in the potty for mommy to see.

I love the notes. Your children are adorable.

Have a great weekend.

Ms. Kathleen said...

How adorable the twins are and that is so cute about Feisty and loves notes from Care Bear...Oh my!

Be sure and take good care of yourself and trust me, you'll live long past 50 ☺

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Those onesies are hilarious! And those personalized blankest are adorable, as are the babies! They are growing now, won't be long before they're sitting up, then crawling.

Hope you can find time to rest this weekend. Ha! ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Sharon Lynne said...

You might be a little tired at 50...still. Especially if you have four teen-age girls. But God will give you grace. And God has already given you a great sense of humor! You will need that!

--I hopped over from mom's blog :)

Sherry said...

nice work on the potty training! Don't know how you do it, but you're doing quite the impressive job with working, five kids...simply amazing.

Nancy said...

This was a great update on your kids. You are "super mom" in my book and I bet they sleep all night soon.

My nieces twins have distinct personalities too. One mellow and one wound tight... it is amazing to watch. Her kicker ened up being the mellow one too. God is good.

I loved the zoo photos from your Mom. CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD said...

oh so glad you are doing so well! Those poops are great in the potty thing 2 is taking her time potty training as well.

Andrea said...

Loved the update!
Oh -- and my hubby emailed me pictures of Malia's first poop in the potty too when I was at work. We have several of those pictures still stored on my camera.
Too funny!!

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Kristen! Great post, so glad to read and see all the updates. Those babies are growing so fast and getting more adorable every day! I don't know how you do it all but you sure are doing a great job with your nice big family, working, church, etc etc Yay for Mom!! So, a NKOTB fan eh? That is a riot! Take care of yourself and TRY to get some rest!!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Feisty on her new accomplishments! Poo in the potty was a big deal here too.

Your mom says, "Go get your mole looked at." I just had my gynie look at it when I went for my annual exam. Surely you have a postpartum visit coming up soon, right?

As for 5 kids home for the summer, I highly recommend finding a YMCA or similar daycamp for the two oldest go attend one or two days a week. There are even scholarship programs to apply for.

Carole Burant said...

Hi Kristen:-)

Finally getting around to catching up on your news! After hearing how busy you've been, I think I really appreciate my quiet life so much more! lol I do remember how hectic it was being a young mother with 2 little boys three years apart but I can't even imagine 4 little ones to take care of! I'm getting a kick of how Care Bear is so enamoured with NKOTB...that is just too cute. As for Feisty, hey going poopie in the toilet is a GREAT achievement:-) As for the twins, gosh, they sure are getting big and I love it that they've got their own little characters already!! Hopefully you'll be able to find time to relax one of these days!!!! lol xox

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

OMG Kristen, it's been so long! :) The kids sound like they are doing awesome and OMG those little girls of yours...sooo adorable! I LOVE the picture of the poop LOL now that's pride! :)

And, ;) your tagged!
http://just3ofus.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/6-things/