Apr 30, 2008

Complete Disbelief

My baby girls (of the twin variety) went to sleep at 7:00 at night. They are morning babies. Awake at the crack of dawn; happy as can be; crabby by afternoon and asleep by early evening. I went to bed at 9:30, thinking to myself that I would probably be awoken within the hour. Instead, I was awoken at 1:30 a.m. by my baby girl (of the *almost* four year old variety) to change her soaking wet jammies and sheets (due to the fact that she violently refused to wear training pants last night. I told her not to bother waking me up if she peed her bed because I warned her. But like I could really in good conscious let her sleep in her own pee....I digress.) It wasn't until I had changed the jammies and gotten Feisty back to bed that I realized, "It's 1:30 a.m. Those babies are still asleep!" Brief panic ensued as I feared SIDS, but when I checked on them, there they were, side by side, slightly snoring and sleeping (so to speak) like babies. I hustled myself back to bed to take advantage of this momentous occasion and slept for two more hours before I was finally awoken by both babies to be fed. The each ate and promptly went back to sleep until 6:30 this morning when they woke for the day---big, gummy, giddy smiles and all.

Eight and a half solid hours of sleep for those babies, people!! That is so huge! I am not delusional enough to think that there will be a repeat performance of that tonight. I won't get my hopes up. I've been burned too many times by getting my hopes up like that with previous children.

Had I not had to get up in the middle of the night to clean up another kid, I myself would have gotten six straight hours.

I am impressed, baby girls. Please, for the love of everything, KEEP IT UP!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you just feel like a new woman today?!

Maine Mom said...

That is awesome! Sleep is so precious with infants around!

Andrea said...

oh, WOW!! i am so happy for you! i hope for your sake that this continues!!

Diane Viere said...

Oh.............good for you!

Sleep is so important.....and I can see just by reading today's post.....what a good nights rest will do---you crack me up Kristen....even in the midst of newborn twins and peeing toddlers...your sense of humor and wit have been restored!

I love it!
Enjoy those "big, bummy, giddy smiles!"

Diane

Sam said...

Oh, I hope they keep it up! Let us know how it's going. You must have felt so wonderful after all that sleep!! :-)

I'm pregnant with my first right now and am already thinking about what my life will be like when I can't sleep anymore.

Mary said...

Kristen,

Good for the Girlies. I'm so glad they slept and gave you a brief respite from getting up every two hours. Mama's need their sleep too.

Take care and thanks for letting me know you received the book. You've been through a lot since then.

Blessings,
Mary

Midlife Mom said...

Yeah sleep! There's nothing any better to perk a person up then a good nights sleep! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that they start sleeping like that regularly!!

Great concert! Sorry you didn't get a backstage pass!!