Apr 28, 2008

MIKAYLA!! In Concert Today!!

Welcome! And thank you for coming tonight to the "Mikayla" concert! For those of you who have never been fortunate enough to attend a Mikayla (a.k.a. Care Bear) concert, let me be the first to congratulate you on your wise choice of entertainment for this evening. For you are in for the time of your life. But I will warn you: Mikayla has very set ideas about how her shows run. She's rather the pint-sized diva. So you will notice as you enter the arena (that looks suspiciously like a living room) that there are rules posted here and there that you must adhere to, or suffer the wrath. Don't say I didn't warn you. And should you be the lucky person who follows the rules the best, than you shall have bestowed upon you backstages passes and the opportunity to "meet and greet" the one....the only.....

That being said, I (the one and only Mama of Mikayla) will serve as your interpreter this evening should you have any difficulty making sense of the rules. Mikayla is, after all, only five. And you also might like to check on the list of invitees first to see if you're even allowed into this all exclusive event:

list of invitees edited(Small)

Did you make the cut? (psssst....even if you didn't, I have connections. I'll get you in!)

Keep your eyes out for the rules. You do not want to tangle with this girl. Believe me!!

Rule #1

rule number 1 (Small)

(Reminder: If you have a question you have to raise your hand!)

Rule #2

rule number 2 (Small)

(Reminder: If you have to go to the bathroom, you have to raise your hand!)

Rule #3

rule number 3 (Small)

(Reminder: If you have to take care of a baby, wait until after the song)
**I think this one was tailor made for me....the majority of you can probably bypass this rule!

I know, I know.....I've never been to a concert with so many rules before; but Mikayla likes things the way she likes them. Whatcanyoudo??

Sooo.... Mikayla has just informed me that there are some backstage pass winners. Too bad the rest of us just could not keep our mouths shut!

backstage passes edited (Small)

The list of contendors is above. Notice she added some dialogue there from Miss Kate. Despite the fact that Kate went "wa wa wa wa wa" throughout the whole show, she is still being honored with the chance to meet Mikayla!

And the winners are!!

winners (Small)

Kate and Emma!!

Now, to me, that somehow does not seem quite fair considering those babies wailed through the whole thing. And I, following rule #3, completely ignored and neglected them throughout the entire thing and didn't even win a pass! How fair is that?! I sense some favortism going on here.

Despite getting dissed by my own daughter, I thoroughly enjoyed the Mikayla concert. I do plan on attending another in the near future (and another....and another....and another.....)

See you at the next show! :-)

10 comments:

Dawn said...

She is quite the mini diva! What a character. It just blows my mind when we're driving home every day and she's back there singing every NKOTB song with every phrase, every inflection, every run right on. What ever happened to Na-na-na and Veggie Tales?!

Unknown said...

That is so cute. She really takes her shows seriously! I bet she is fun to watch perform. :-)

Sam said...

This is wonderful!! Absolutely adorable and so creative! I love it!

I'd love to get on that exclusive guest list! :-)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Dang, I didn't even get any popcorn or a Coke! ;o) Oh well, maybe next time I'll get lucky and make the cut.

Hope your week is going well, Kristen.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Mimi said...

loved the concert...and I am putting in my request now for advance tickets to the next show!!!
and I would love to meet the Diva in person to get her autograph...if that is possible
Mimi

Unknown said...

Mikayla certainly has covered all the bases, hasn't she? Hysterical.

Nancy said...

You have one creative kid there... what's your secret?

Andrea said...

Oh, that was a fun show!! I can't wait till my girls put such effort and creativity into things like that.

Carole Burant said...

What? I didn't get a backstage pass??????? Well!! I even made sure I didn't munch my popcorn to loudly or make too much noise eating my chips...oh, she did hear me? Hmmmm...oh well, I did enjoy the concert anyway! hehe She's a keeper that one:-) xoxo

groovyoldlady said...

(Groovy conscientiously rayses her hand)

Um, can I clap now?

clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap!

[Thanks for letting me sneak in to this wonderful and heartwarming event! Oh...and there's a cute video at the top of my last blog entry that your girls (of the older variety) might enjoy.]