Feb 17, 2006

Could it get any Colder?

Yes, I realize it looks much like a post I posted in July, but here I am 6 months later and I feel like I am on opposite sides of the globe from where I was then. Looking out my window, I could be convinced that I live in Antarctica. Ice on the roads, blizzard like conditions; coats, hats and gloves don't even deter from the wind whipping through me and making me feel like a human blizzard. I would much prefer to be at home right now like I was yesterday; sitting by my fire, drinking my coffee with french vanilla creamer, (the girls with their hot chocolate), and making chocolate/caramel chip cookies with them. But that doesn't pay the bills now, does it?

Yesterday was so fun; it felt like a snow day from school like when I was a kid. Cooped up in my nice warm house with my little girls. We had a great time making cookies. The girls perched on the counter and helped with every step of the way; putting in the ingredients, helping mix the ingredients, and then balling the cookies up to put on the tray. They were in seventh heaven. Care Bear kept telling me, "Mommy, thank you so much for letting us help you make cookies." That continuous comment from her erased any frustration or nervousness I was beginning to feel from the large mess accumulating on my kitchen counters, and the cookie dough making its way into hair and onto clothing. After all, they'll only want to make cookies with me for a little while, so I might as well enjoy it while I can, right?

While the snow continues to fall, and the temps continue to drop I am mentally preparing myself for Care Bear's first art show and chili supper tonight at her pre-school. I'm doing the "school mom" thing and making chili for it, leaving work early to get it prepared. My little girl's first art show. Can't wait.

Here's to a great day, wherever you are, whether you have sun, rain, snow, wind or hail. Enjoy it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Comments! Ah, fabulous. I was wondering if you had them turned off on purpose.

Kristen said...

Nope, Queen noticed that they were off and told me how to turn them back on. :-)