Feb 24, 2006

I Need More Time!

Yesterday was just one of those days. You know how you can tell from the second you wake up that you should maybe re-think opening your eyes and just crawl back under covers? Yeah, that was my day yesterday. Before I re-count my day, I will just start by saying that my precious, jewel of my eye little girls used to be the happiest babies when they woke up in the morning. I was always treated with a huge gummy smile when they woke up back in the day, and the fresh smell of baby in the morning. It was like a ray of sunshine that made me happy to be alive. Not so much anymore.

So, anyway, at sometime during the night last night, both of them ended up in bed with hubby & I, which prompted hubby moving to the downstairs couch to sleep. Four people sleeping in one bed is not such a treat. I just love getting toes up my nose. That always makes for a good sleep. I was just having a delightful dream that included Roseanne & Dan Connor (y'know, from the good ole 80's sitcom that is now in marathon re-runs on Nick-at-Nite), and Johnny Depp from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. My house was a tidal wave of chocolate and all of us (yes, Rosey & Dan included) were trying to wade through it and survive the monsoon of chocolate. As I was desperately trying to wake myself up from this wierdest of wierd dreams, somewhere far off in the distance, I hear the screeching sound of some little child hollering, "MOMMMMYYY!!! UP! UP!" My eyes, which feel cemeted shut, finally open to see my formerly happy morning baby bellowing at me to get up. The fog had not yet quite lifted, but I got up and took her downstairs to get her some cereal (our usual morning routine)...by the way, this is Fiesty we are speaking of. Fiesty has become quite the opinionated kid lately. She never wants the first thing you pick out for her, be it food, a sippy cup, a pair of socks. Whatever it is, you have to go through every cup, or sock she owns before she's satisfied with the choice. So I put out the boxes of cereal.

Me: "Do you want Golden Grahams"
Fiesty: "AAAAHHH...Uh-wer-one"! (That's Fiesty speak for, "Other one").
Me: "How about Honey Nut Cheerios"
Fiesty:"UH-WER-ONE!!"
Me: "Oatmeal?"
Fiesty: "UH-WER-ONNNEEEE!!"

By this time, we are in full temper tantrum mode; head back, back arched and drool spilling out of mouth. I'm starting to think my daughter has been posessed. We finally arrive at an agreement. Ok, so Fiesty is set. Whew. Now I can begin making my coffee. Hardy-har-har. Think again, Kristen. The Care-Bear is awake. Luckily, Care Bear seems to be in a good mood this morning. So, great. We have two hours now to get ready for Bible Study this morning. I don't have to take Yoda to school today; he's with his so-called "real mom" this morning. It should be somewhat relaxing. Whatever. Trying to get them dressed and hair combed was like trying to swim uphill in a raging river. All I can see as I am chasing around the house with underwear and socks in my hands is two little naked butts thinking Mommy is playing some new hilarious game. "Let's see how long Mommy will chase us before she collapses into a coma!" Finally, after about a half an hour of wrestling a 1 1/2 and 3 year old (who, by the way are freakishly strong), we are dressed and ready to go. Let's get in the car. I'll carry you Fiesty. No, Fiesty wants to walk, and take as long as she possibly can, going through every snow bank, picking up snow to eat, throwing snow at mommy (which throws her into peals of laughter, while meanwhile mommy is getting less and less patient). Arriving at the church for Bible Study was like a peaceful oasis; I could feel my body relax. An hour and a half of freedom, drinking coffee and eating muffins with good friends, and discussing our children's five love languages. Today's topic?? How to teach our children to express their anger verbally rather than behaviorally. Did someone have a hidden video camera at my house this morning? Did they see me throw those clothes across the room in utter frustration?! CRAP!

The hour and a half went way too fast. I blinked and it was over. Well, maybe that hour and a half with their friends has settled my children down and we can get on with her our day. Hmmm.

Care Bear: "Mommy, can I go get a new Paggage Catch Doll?! (you can interpret that I'm sure).
Me: No, Care Bear, you just got one yesterday.
Care Bear: "Puleeezzee, Mommy! I need a new Paggage Catch Doll!
Me: No, you don't Care Bear we are going home.
Fiesty: "I DO! I DO!" (Her response to everything Care Bear says)
Me: HOME!!
(A caveat to this....we're not talking the $35 full sized Cabbage Patch Dolls. Care Bear happened upon some little Cabbage Patch key chains that retail a huge $2.99 and wants to go to "Longreens" (aka Walgreens) every day to go get another one)

After getting home, we trudged down to my mom's house to use her computer to do yesterdays blog entry. Fiesty insisted on sitting on my lap and made it literally impossible for me to type anything. I finally had to stand up, push the chair in, and bend over to type my blog....I think from now on, I'll just save the blogging for when I'm at work. (Is that twisted logic or what?!)

Upon arriving at home, I'm upstairs fixing lunch and after making my way back downstairs, discover that Care Bear has managed to empty an entire container of wipes.

Me: "Care Bear, what are you doing?!?!
Care Bear: "Wrapping some Christmas presents. Wanna play Christmas Eve?"

Hmmm...now how can you get mad at that. But still! An entire container?? After which time, Fiesty decides to take each individual wipe and rip it to un-usable shreds. Forget trying to salvage them. Oh, well.

This is pretty much the way the rest of the day progressed. Nuthin' pleased 'em. Nuthin' made 'em happy, yet they couldn't live long enough without me to let me walk outside for 5 TEENY WEENY LITTLE MINUTES to get away from the sanity! I'd sneak around the corner and try to quietly open the door while they were immersed in Barney, and I was about to shut the door, and just as I thought I was safe, "MOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYY!" Thus, the title of today's entry. Is it really too much to ask? REALLY? Don't even get me started on the grocery store which I was lucky enough to have all three kids for.

I realize that this post may sound like I'm complaining, which may sound contradictory after my post about being a part time out of home worker. I'm really not complaining. I still love the times I'm at home with my kids. Yesterday was just--ONE OF THOSE DAYS!!!

*********************************************************************
One more thing: Today the kiddoes are with my mom who watches them while I am at work. Grandma braved the curling iron with Fiesty today, and here is her result!!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo, were you on crack during that dream too? hahahaha just kidding. Pretty funny.

I think Spicey and Feisty will either totally love each other or will totally each each other alive in July. They sound sooooooooo similar in that cereal story.

Dude, I so have these days.

Kristen said...

I think I watch way to much Nick at Nite. Roseanne is on like 40 times each night. (slight exaggeration). I can't WAIT for Fiesty and Spicey to meet. I think Care Bear and Duchess will have a great time, too. Jury is still out on whether Yoda will even be there.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I'm enjoying "lurking" through your blog.

Unknown said...

Ok, you've had 196 moments in time. Where is the love? Post something new? What?? Do you have a life and job or something outside of blogging? Guuh!

Unknown said...

woops, sorry. That should read "96 moments in time".

Kristen said...

Hey missy, look above. Just did post something new. I'm having some blog problems. I may just quit.