Feb 21, 2006

Part Time Work

Alright, I know I shouldn't complain because at least I don't have to be away from my kiddoes all day every day, but there's still that selfish side of me that wishes I could be one of those lucky SAHMs!! For those of you out there that are, thank the good Lord above. You're lucky. One of the most painful parts of my week is when I have to kiss my little ones goodbye and see their teary faces as I walk out the door. Can you say ouch?!?! The worst is the days I work a full day (I have two full days, one half day) and I have to leave before I even get to say goodbye. On those days, my mother (who watches my kids when I work) gets treated to an almost harassing amount of phone calls from me as I try to recount every single moment of their day vicariously via the phone. Not like there's anything I can do for them from twenty miles away when I can hear ear splitting screaming in the background, or when Care Bear refuses to take her "butt medicine" (for her recent bout with a bladder infection).

Then there is the wonderful return home from a long day where all I have done is sit at my desk daydreaming of being with them and seeing their happy faces and squeals of joy as I greet them at the door; but instead, I am treated to wails and temper fits and overtired kids who are apparently punishing me for daring to leave them for an entire day. If only they knew how much I would rather be with them.

At any rate, here I sit, at my work computer, having only arrived here 45 minutes ago and the first thing I do is not work, but blog. And since my co-worker is currently harassing me to get some work done instead of play, I suppose I should.

Here's to all the moms out there whether you work full time, or part time or are a lucky one who gets to stay at home!!

Oh, and by the way, here's a shout out to my cousin for mentioning me in her blog

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my word! you have an avatar with FRITZIE in it! Rock on!

Sherry said...

I truly feel your pain. It's nice that at least we both have people we love and trust to take care of them. But my nights are shot because someone didn't get a long nap and needs to go to bed a little earlier than normal...but then that ends up being almost every night....I had no clue about you being a Days fan either...maybe someday we can watch Days and drink giant Diet Dr Pepper...which by the way...did you know that Sonic has it now? I'm a big happy hour fan.

Kristen said...

Yep, I was soooo excited to find Fritzie when I created my Avatar. Fritzie will always remain with me in my Avatar. Never forgotten. Peace fritz, wherever you are...doggie heaven of course!!

Kristen said...

Days and Diet Dr. Pepper...a cousin after my own heart. Yes, we must get together and do a Days/Diet Dr Pepper date or two and let our little girls play together. Too much fun at one time!! (Is that pathetic?!)

Kristen said...

Just read your post Beth. Sounds like we feel just about the same. It's horrible. I envy the fact that my mom got to stay home with me and my brother until we were in school. I wouldn't have traded those days for the world. I can at least be happy that they're with Grandma, but I'd rather they be with me!!

Stephanie said...

And you know what? There are lots of stay at home moms who envy moms who get to work part-time.

(Myself included)