Oct 13, 2006

Bed Time Prayers

Last night when I was taking Care Bear up to bed she told me, "And let's say our goodnight prayer to Jesus, too, mommy." "Of course we will Care Bear!" was my response. "But you go first." she said.

Our prayers:

Me: "Dear Jesus, thank you for this beautiful day. Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Anakin, Care Bear and Feisty. Thank you that Care Bear had a good day at pre-school and got to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out a huge pumpkin. Help Care Bear's stuffy nose to go away, and help her to feel good tomorrow. Help us all to sleep good tonight. We love you, Jesus. Amen."

Care Bear (in a barely audibly, sleepy voice): "Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Help me to sleep good. I love you, Jesus. Amen."

And then there was sleep.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Precious Care Bear!

Anonymous said...

...And then there was sleep. And God said, "It was good." And mama said, "What He said."

Mall Worker said...

That is just so sweet!

Pamela said...

Aww, so sweet, and so very precious! Loved hearing the music! :)

Linda said...

With an empty nest, I miss those special moments. I could just imagine the two of you praying together. Wonderful memories.
I am so impressed with all you can do on your blog. I'm beginning to feel way out-classed :-) Actually I just love seeing and hearing all the great "stuff".
Have a blessed weekend.

Pamela said...

Kristen, just wanted to stop back by to let you know "tag" you're it! :) Hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great time. I am excited for this chapter with Ella