Oct 25, 2006

Prayers of Children

Have you ever listened to a child pray? Have you noticed how simple and coversation like their prayers are? At least that's how Care Bear's prayers are. Obviously, as a child, she doesn't have the capability to do a long, grandiose, complicated prayer, but Jesus listens to her prayers just the same. And my suspicion is that Jesus may just prefer the simpleness of the child's prayer. It's as though they are sitting right there, on His lap, just telling Him about their day. Like they would their best earthly friend.

Changing the subject a little (however if you'll bear with me, you'll see where I'm taking this and how the two subjects tie in), have you ever watched the Care Bears movie (the old one in particular)? All the Care Bear's have tummy symbols. The symbol that they have on their tummy indicates both their personality, as well as a certain "power" that they have when they do their "Care Bear Stare". The Care Bear Stare is used when the Care Bear's need to ward off evil or bad things. Their tummy symbols give them the power to do this when coupled with the stare. My Care Bear received this moniker from me due to her undying love of Care Bears and her ridiculous collection of Care Bears. (not to mention that she is very caring little girl!) My Care Bear just enjoys her Care Bears and prefers the new Care Bear movies that don't really get into the whole "warding off evil" and "Care Bear stare" stuff. And she just likes to play with them.

Last night, after Care Bear went to bed and had done her "good night prayer" to Jesus, I had to smile thinking about her and her prayers and how much Jesus must enjoy listening to her prayers. We can all receive inspiration from a child's prayer and the simplicity of them.

If you read Maine Mom, then you know that recently she began doing a fun little thing at the end of every post where she tells us "what's under the bed". Adopting this idea from her, I thought it would be fun and inspiring to post at the end of my posts "Care Bear Prayer". (instead of Care Bear stare--clever huh?) Just giving insight to a child's prayer, and the power that is still within a child's prayer despite the fact that she is not praying complicated prayers revolving around serious issues. Jesus still hears her prayers (and everyone's of course) and loves them just the same. I am going to post two of her prayers today from this week, and then whenever I post after this, I'll do her prayer from the night before at the end of the post. I hope you enjoy hearing her prayers as much as Jesus and I have!


Care Bear Prayer



Dear Jesus,
Thank you for this day. And help me not to have bad dreams tonight. And thank you that we had a fire in our fireplace tonight. Even though it wasn't a real fire log; sometimes we have fires and we put paper in the fireplace, but tonight we just had a fire log but we didn't put paper in the fireplace. I love you Jesus, Amen.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the cool dream I had last night. And help me not to have bad dreams tonight; only cool dreams and happy dreams and funny dreams. And thank you that I got new toys two weeks ago, and new clothes two weeks ago. And thank you that my Grandma C came over to my house and my Grandma P came over to my house and my Grandma Dawn came over to my house, even though Grandma Dawn just lives a block away. I still love her. Amen.

Have wonderful days today!

10 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't believe it! This is the third or fourth time my comments have been eaten today by Blogger.

I love Care Bear's prayers. What a blessing! Livi's learning, too.

I wanted to pass along Anakin's wisdom from this morning. The sun isn't very strong this morning and he pointed it out to me on the way to school. "Look Grandma, the sun is behind a big cloud. It looks like the Holy Spirit is looking down on us." I love that God is working in his heart in spite of the fact that he has to spend Sundays with his mom instead of with us at church and SS.

someone else said...

That's so sweet. Sometimes I think if I could approach Jesus more like a child does, it would be better. Precious prayers!

kpjara said...

What sweetness...

Lala's world said...

that is so cool! I think it is great that you write them down! we forget how innocent their prayers are! so sweet! great idea!

Pamela said...

What a sweet idea! Care Bear's prayers are precious indeed! I believe God already knows what we need before we pray so he loves for us to keep it simple! Thanks for sharing Kristen! :)

Linda said...

Precious. I know the heart of God is touched by such beautiful prayers. I look forward to hearing all of them. She is too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that was just so precious. What a sweet little girl you have. I am sure she makes you proud.

mouse said...

Carebears prayers are so precious, you are raising a wonderful daughter and it is clear that Jesus is her friend. Look forward to hearing some more.

Cheryl said...

How very sweet. I always learn from my kiddos...the beauty of family!

Anonymous said...

how sweet! i remember my stepdad telling me that he admired the way i prayed one day. i was probably about 13 or 14 and we used to each say a prayer before dinner. he said mine were simple and to the point and i didn't try to use big words and he admired that. it has stuck with me. i can't wait for little bit to start talking but now i'll just be happy with the fact that she can "bless" her food :)