Sep 24, 2007

Miscellaneous Tidbits

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful baby name suggestions! I have had so much fun reading all of them and have come up (thus far) with a very comprehensive list of potential names. Keep 'em comin! I'm keeping the baby name game button on my sidebar that links directly to that post, so if you think of anymore, feel free to add! (Until such time as I either go into labor, or I choose names).

Since the fear over my babies has subsided, I find myself having little or nothing to think about. That is scary. Well, not nothing....I always have something to worry about. But nothing that would be of any interest to any of you. Why on earth would anyone care to read about the fact that I am finding it increasingly difficult to find clothes to put on in the morning? Or whether or not something I choose to eat may or may not bring back the horrendous nausea and/or heart-burn that has recently subsided? Yeah. I didn't think that'd be too interesting to read about. So in the interest of not turning my blog into a "This is what I did today" hum-drum, I just leave it alone to get stale.

The doctor did call towards the end of the week (I believe Friday) to inform us that the final results of the amniocentesis came back (the results I posted a week ago Friday were the prelimary results) and that there is indeed, no presence of any chromosomal abnormalities in either baby. It's good to know that this is what the final results say. Because I wouldn't have been at all upset if the final results had differed from the prelimary results. However, they do want me to come back for my scheduled appointment on October 12 for another ultra sound just to make sure that the babies' organs are all OK. You know, because doctors hate to admit that they could have possibly been wrong about their initial diagnosis. They are still concerned about the mass on the big baby's neck (which heretofore will be referred to as Big Squirt) even though it is no longer there. So what. It was there initially, therefore they are going to be concerned. It's all good. They really just don't want me to sue them should my baby be born with one foot larger than the other or something. So I will take one final drive to Denver to lay there and have warm goo that probably costs a good $500 smeared all over my belly and have them tell me, "Well, for cryin' out loud! There really is nothing wrong with these kids!" At least I can get one more good shot at my babies in utero before they're born.


**************************************


All appears to be well on the health front with Feisty as well. We had taken her last week to get some tests done at Children's Hospital to find out if there is something horribly wrong with her that is causing her to continually get these UTIs. Surprise, surprise.....those tests came back normal as well. And while this is great and re-assuring, we still don't know why she continues to get them, and don't even know she has them until she is either burning up with fever, or curled up on the floor in a fetal position in pain.



I'm a worrier by nature and have come discover in the past five years of mother-hood that I never knew what worrying really was until I had little lives to constantly worry about. I can barely stand to watch the news anymore because every story I see makes me worry somehow about my kids. Even if it has nothing to do with kids.


***************************************
It is only in the 40s here today and pouring rain. I rather enjoy it....except when I have to walk nearly a mile across campus to my office....with no umbrella.



I have a fire log sitting at home just waiting to be used. I hope it's still cold and rainy when I get home.
***************************************
I made a recipe last night that I found over at Barb's place last month sometime. It's Chicken Divan and it is seriously the best thing I've ever made. And I am no cook. But I can't even quit eating my own cooking. Good grief. My taste buds think they've died and gone to heaven. So, thanks Barb.
***************************************
*MAJOR CONFLICT ALERT** I am presently ashamed to work where I do....particularly since where I work is responsible for recruiting and trying to get people to come here. If I had kids of college age, I would not send them to a place where the school paper publishes a larger than life editorial such as this: (obviously edited for content)




I really don't care what your political affiliation is. That's not my beef. I just think it's disgusting to print something like this about anyone in a student run newspaper. The editor says he was trying to encourage dialogue. Yeah. The dialogue you agree with, perhaps. You can only imagine the backlash this has caused. It's garnered national attention. Real cool. Free speech, blah, blah, blah. Within reason, thankyouverymuch.

****************************************

That's what's happening in my neck of the woods. And yours?

Happy Monday!

The "Baby Name Game" will continue throughout the remainder of my pregnancy (or until I decide on names, whichever comes first). Click on the button in the sidebar to add any names you think of. This is much harder than I thought!

5 comments:

someone else said...

Lovely, newsy post. I'm glad you get a sense of your spirits lifting.

Linda said...

It is such a joy to read this Kristen and know that all is well with all the little girls in your life. God is so very good!

Unknown said...

It is nice that your worry right now is what clothes are going to fit and food issues. :-) I'm glad you and your girls are doing well.

I am enjoying the Fall weather, too. I don't think I've appreciated before this time of year where there are no bugs and the weather is perfect to be outside. The cooler, rainy days are fun to stay bundled up inside...not outside walking in it!

nancygrayce said...

Hey, Kristen, I have clothing worries and I'm not pregnant, however if I keep eating like I have people may think I am! I think it is amazing when the Great and Mighty God we love and serves shows Himself and makes doctors scratch their heads! hehe We know something that none of their tests know.....God is in control.

I agree with you about that article. How tacky and how wonderful that we are teaching such open and honest journalism....that of course, was a joke! :)

Barb said...

I don't know if you know that student paper made Fox News and O'Reilly last night. I almost died when I heard "CSU." I totally understand how you feel because I agree - just completely out of line, that headline.

What a cute birthday wish for your Mom. I'm sure it tickles her pink.

Can't help you with the name game. We're sruggling with the same issue here. I thought the kids had definitely decided on Avery (girl) or Kyle (boy) but this morning Kris called to run Tanner by me.

Sigh. You're so lucky to already know the sex of your babies. We find out on October 24th! And I get to be there, to see my new grandbaby in utero. Exciting times!

Oh! I'm really glad you liked the chicken divan. It's been a favorite around here for years and years and I think it's very easy to make. So glad your family likes it. So, you're welcome. :-)