Sep 25, 2007







Please head over to my Mom's place today and wish her an OH SO HAPPY 60th birthday! She's retiring soon, so her life is really just beginning. Have a great one, Mom!
****************************************
Speaking of my Mom, I was reading her "Random Ramblings" post yesterday and she had posted a picture of a hair cut that Care Bear had given Feisty back in January (under her watch, mind you). We panicked at the time, and I mourned a little at the fact that my little girls beautiful blonde hair that was finally starting to grow long enough for pig-tails was now lying on the floor in a heap. My mom immediately took her to get it fixed, and while the fixed 'do was very cute (albeit a little bit shorter than I would have preferred), after looking at it yesterday, I made a shocking realization.
Posh Spice stole my baby's hair-cut! I kid you not. Back in January, when I originally posted these pictures, POSH must have been perusing my blog (because you know, I'm sure she had nothing better to do than read a no-name, American, mommy-blogger's blog) saw that hair-cut and decided that she wanted to make that cut her own. She took the picture, took it to some high-end London hair-stylist, told him, "Make my hair look like this--even the color" and VOILA. The Feisty hair-cut (created by Care Bear) was born. And Posh is taking the credit. Hmmpph. Guess we should have seen Care Bear's talent for what it was worth back in January and patented the look. Because now everyone wanna-be Posh in Hollywood has it--hey, I've even seen locals with the do. Man. Did I miss my chance.
*************************************************
And I just need to share a little more of my girls' artistic talent.

Here is a picture Feisty drew of Care Bear:
And this is a picture Care Bear drew of some Fairies. She copied them off of the back of a library book.
And that's it for me. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

The "Baby Name Game" will continue throughout the remainder of my pregnancy (or until I decide on names, whichever comes first). Click on the button in the sidebar to add any names you think of. This is much harder than I thought!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She is a really talented little artist!!!

Happy Birthday Gma Dawn!

Dawn said...

Thanks! Very cute! YOu are good at this stuff.

Too bad we didn't patent that hairdo, eh??

Kerry said...

Visiting your blog from Kelli's. Too funny about the Posh haircut. I amazed at all the rage with this cut! The money you'd make from that patent! :)

Carole Burant said...

I've already gone over to wish you mom a Happy Birthday:-) I KNEW I had seen that haircut before I saw Posh with it!!! hehe Too funny but looking at the picture, so TRUE! lol Love the girls' drawings. true artists in the making:-) I'm glad that you're feeling so much better now...having nothing serious to worry about is so liberating isn't it!! xox

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy Birthday again, Dawn! Hope it's been a great one. ;-)

Glad to hear you and Feisty are doing well, and the 2 little ones.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

I am so happy to hear the joy in your words once again!

What a great party you have thrown...I called your mom on her birthday--she was celebrating in grand style by giving one of your darlings a bath! (I think!....maybe SHE was in the bathtub!!!!)

Love the Name Game contest--what a brilliant idea!

Enjoy!

Diane

Gina said...

I am so impressed with those fairies!!!

Unknown said...

Your girls are very artistic! I love seeing their drawings. :-)