Oct 3, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blah!!

Yuck! I feel so utterly boring and blah and without anything of interest to say these days. Sometimes I feel like I should just shut down again for lack of stuff to write about and because I'm wasting such space in the blogosphere, but--nah. As soon as I did, I'd have something to write about and then I'd have to do yet another embarassing "OK, I know I said I quit, but....." post.

So, here's yet another pointless post from moi.

This week I started to panic a little bit when I didn't feel like I was feeling the babies move enough and when I obsessively checked my belly in the mirror every time I passed one thinking that I just wasn't getting fat enough quick enough. Care Bear didn't help to alleviate that fear when she informed me after waking up one morning that the "babies aren't growing." We have suspected in the past that the child (Care Bear that is) has an eerie habit of making correct predictions. Plus, I was having this little nagging, annoying pain in my upper belly, that of course, just had to signify a problem. Hey--give me a break. Up until a couple of weeks ago, world renowned perinatal doctors were convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that both of my babies were going to have severe problems. I think I'm entitled to a little paranoia, no?

Anyhoo--I called up on Monday in a slight panic and insisted I had to be seen. My regular doctor is out this week and that just exacerbated the panic a little bit. How would a doctor who knows nothing about this pregnancy help me? Well, when she did the ultra sound and told me that both babies hearts are beating, they're active as can be and that currently I am measuring at 24 weeks instead of 20 (which is right on for a twin pregnancy), I figured that she must be the most intelligent doctor ever and that I could implicitly trust her judgement. Even more so after she told me that they are beautiful babies. Hmmmm....good to know because all I could really see was some alien looking blobs with an arm or leg popping out every now and then. Doctors must have some special kind of vision. She also informed me that I am "all baby" and that here real soon I'll be really huge. OK, so she didn't say it quite like that, but that's the impression I got. She says I am just the size I should be and that since I didn't eat much the first trimester that now that my appetite is back and I can eat again, I'll probably really start to grow. Yipeeee...........................

Speaking of eating---I am far beyond despair that I am still unable to properly digest my favorite lunchtime delicacy: CHIPOTLE. *sigh*. A few weeks ago, I figured that since I pretty much seemed to be able to keep food down again, that I could resume my two or three times a week Chipotle habit. But it is just not meant to be. I regretted eating that thing about 3 hours after I ate it. At this point, I'm wondering if I ever will be able to eat it again. And what's worse?! I'm having an increasingly difficult time being able to drink my favorite beverages as well. I can drink maybe two or three gulps of a Diet Dr. Pepper before I have to give up and drink some healthy crap like water or something. If nothing else, this pregnancy is forcing me into better eating and drinking habits. (blasted pregnancy!!) Seriously, though. I really enjoy my Diet Dr. Pepper and this is a hard habit to give up--even if it does make me feel sick when I drink it.
************************************
The weather around here is gorgeous right now. Today it got to about 80 degrees or so, sunny, clear skies, etc.....however it's been really difficult to figure out how to dress because in the morning it's barely above freezing. So you have to dress for winter in the morning, and by afternoon it's Indian summer. What a dilemma. This weekend it's not supposed to even get into the 60s. Sounds like fireplace weather to me.
*************************************
Feisty has yet another urinary tract infection; despite the tests saying that she has nothing wrong with her, I am really starting to get worried and this is starting to wear on me; and I KNOW it's wearing on her. It's got to be real tiresome for an otherwise active, energetic, happy 3 year old to have to be on medicine and have to feel like crap all the time. My poor baby.
**************************************
My kids have already gotten into the Halloween spirit. It wasn't even October yet and they had already bull-dozed Mike and I over to the Dollar Tree and Big Lots to do shopping to decorate and for Halloween costumes. The other evening, they actually put on their costumes and went around the neighborhood "practicing" their trick-or-treating. This was all Care Bear's idea. When she gets an idea in her head, there is NO stopping her.
**************************************
That's all I can think of for now. I suppose I'll be back in another two or three weeks after I live another hum-drum two or three weeks--or until I panic about something again!

Happy Wednesday!




The "Baby Name Game" will continue throughout the remainder of my pregnancy (or until I decide on names, whichever comes first). Click on the button in the sidebar to add any names you think of. This is much harder than I thought!

9 comments:

Kerry said...

Glad everything is ok.

Chipolte...mmm. Haven't had that in a while.

Sherry said...

KRISTEN!!!--Diet Dr. Pepper!!! Yikes! That is terrible...right up there with Chipotle!! How are you coping! (just fine I'm sure)...

glad to hear everything is going well. It does so much to get a little reassurance from the doc. I need to see your little preg. self soon.

Poor Fiesty! Hope its a quick recovery.

By the way-I like the "update" posts personally-I'm not too creative myself-so that's what mine turn out to be most days.:) Keep 'em comin'

2Forgetful said...

Don't freak out too much about weight gain. I didn't start measuring ahead in my twin pregnancy until I was around 30 weeks (when I finally measured 34 weeks/4 weeks ahead). My twins were 6lbs 1oz and 5lbs 2oz when they arrived at 36 weeks. Perfectly healthy, no NICU time.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Carole Burant said...

Glad to hear that everything is coming along nicely...I think when we're pregnant we have every right to panic every once in a while! lol With everything you've gone through so far, it's no wonder you want to make sure that everything is ok!! I use to love cucumbers...until I got pregnant...to this day I still can't eat cucumbers, it turns my stomach. Poor Feisty, I've no doubt you're both fed up with these infections...so strange that they can't find the cause of them. I'm still giggling at Care Bear going around to "practice" for Halloween night! hehe xox

Unknown said...

I like newsy this'n'that posts the best too. Especially when they involve good news like healthy, trouble free ultrasound results.

nancygrayce said...

Seems to me you had a lot of talk about! I enjoy reading your stuff, especially about the kids and the twins!! God Bless!

Unknown said...

It's funny how when we think we have nothing to say, we can produce a lengthy post of something. :-)
I'm glad the babies are active and growing and it's good that you were checked to ease your mind. It's better to be safe!

Poor Feisty. All of these UTI's are not normal. Has the doctor suggested cranberry juice, would she drink it?

I can't wait to see your girls in their costumes!

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

Don't you DARE quit blogging! Are you cr-aaaaaa-zy! We NEED to hear from you on a daily--o.k.--weekly basis!

:)

So glad you had everything checked out by this very intelligent Doctor!!!!! Love your writing style...and love your wit!

You can't keep that away from us! We are, after all, on a need to know basis.....kind of friends! And we need a lot!!!!

So, next time you get any crazy ideas.....post them...and we'll remind you yet again, and again, why you must continue to blog! After all, we live vicariously through your adventures!!!!!

Diane

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

Have you seen this blog-site:

http://www.babynamescountry.com/baby_girl_names.html

Check it out....it has thousands of girl names...with their meanings and origin.

Enjoy!

Diane