Oct 15, 2007

Short-Term Disability

I began inquiring about short-term disability today through my Human Resources Department. I wasn't completely sure I was really going to pursue this avenue until today; especially after spending the entire weekend practically parked in my recliner unable to do hardly anything for myself or for my family. I am also fairly upset and disillusioned by certain things that are happening to me at work here as a result of all the time I have had to take for various appointments for myself and for Feisty. I feel that after 10.5 years of service to this institution that I am being treated rather unfairly and the stress of the situation is not helping matters.

I don't know if "severe pain in the upper leg/groin area and emotional distress in the workplace will be a claim that will be accepted, but I guess there's no harm in trying. I need to be at home. With my kids. Not here.

The "Baby Name Game" will continue throughout the remainder of my pregnancy (or until I decide on names, whichever comes first). Click on the button in the sidebar to add any names you think of. This is much harder than I thought!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your doctor should be able to help you out in that area too.

Sorry for the extra stress at work. It's no good.

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with stress at work in additon to all you are already going through.
I know how hard that can be.

Check into the Family Medical Leave Act as well as finding out more about pregnancy discrimination if you feel that is what is happening in your case. Knowing what you are entitled to will give you some leverage in dealing with HR. You can call your local Bar Association to find out your rights or be directed to some resources.


Praying....

Dawn said...

Sounds like good advice from motomom!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Good luck getting your ST disability, Kristen. Surely between that and FMLA you can get some help so you can stay home for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Love and hugs,

Diane