Sep 12, 2007

True Statement: When it rains.....it pours (in my case a torrential downpour).

A Myth (or so I am beginning to believe): God never gives you more than you can handle.

My mom posted a little update post for me a couple of days ago. Feisty was plagued, yet again, with a UTI, that could be a kidney infection (waiting on test results) that came on really quickly and really severely. She was admitted to the hospital Monday evening to receive anti-biotics through a drip and fluids. Thankfully, she slept well through the night and woke up in the morning her usual little feisty self. She ate more breakfast that morning than a football player could and had all the nurses in love with her by the time we left. She is doing well now, but has to be on yet another antibiotic and we have to take her to Children's Hospital in Denver for tests. How I will ever pay all of these doctor and hospital and test bills I will never know. I'm convinced I will be paying them until long beyond the grave. When Feisty is 60, she'll still be paying for her hospital bills because Mama will have left them for her after she's long gone. How's that for a positive outlook? Hopefully, however, once we find out what is wrong, it could be as simple as her having to take a medication every day for about a year to correct the problem (that itself will be a pain in the rear but better than something more serious or painful for her).

And me? Well, let me just say that an amniocentesis is certainly not something I would like to repeat all the time--or never again. Some people might breeze through it like they're having a manicure--I don't know. But I hate needles. Always have, always will. And to me it felt like someone was trying to take that needle that they pierced into my gut (twice) and pull my insides out. Nice visual, eh? Mike said, "Well, they were pulling something out of you". I had to clarify that it felt like it was an object it felt like they were pulling out....not just some liquid-y fluid.

I had asked the doc how long the needle(s) would be in me and he said, "Oh, maybe 30-45 seconds". PSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHAAAAAAWWWWWW. Whatever. Well, maybe it was that long, but to me it felt like about 5 minutes each...at least. They kept assuring me "Almost done...almost done". I wanted to scream, "Get the stupid needle out of me, then if it's almost done". But I refrained.

The first bit of news I can offer is that they are sure one of them is a girl (big baby), and that they are almost sure the other one is a girl, too. Two more girls.

TWO GIRLS + TWO GIRLS = FOUR GIRLS

ESTROGEN RULES!!!

My body is apparently incapable of producing boys. But hey....I'm used to girls. I know how to handle girls.....I LOVE GIRLS.....so I'm OK with it. Yeah, I would have liked to have at least one boy out of the four my body has created, but what can ya do?! Feisty is thrilled. Care Bear is non-committal.....Anakin is holding out hope that the one they are "almost sure" of will really end up being a boy. I'm holding out hope for him, too.

The nurse gave me a glimmer of hope when she told me that they babies are growing as they should; they are right on target for what they should be.....measuring right on, etc....which is not typical for babies with chromosome problems. But then in the same breath took the little glimmer away when she told me that, "However, if there's not a chromosome problem we could be looking at something else like a heart problem, and since it is a girl, possibly "Turner Syndrome"." She did concede to the idea that maybe, just perhaps, it could mean that there is absolutely nothing wrong, but wouldn't go so far to say that it is a likely possibility.

I will have preliminary results by tomorrow, final results within two weeks, but she said that final results vary rarely differ from pre-liminary results. So I should pretty much know what's happening with these little ones by tomorrow.

Until then, it's a waiting game. As always, your prayers and thoughts are more appreciated than you will ever know. I'm sorry if I have not had a chance to thank every one personally for their sweet and wonderful thoughts you have given me. I'm working on getting to everyone. But know that I appreciate everyone who has shown their support and their kindness by comments, e-mails, phone calls, or prayers.

16 comments:

Nancy said...

My prayers continue as I look forward to news about the test results. You are a strong woman with a great mom praying you through. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mall Worker said...

I'm glad that feisty is doing so much better! Congrats on the two new girls :) I'm continuing to think and hope the best for you guys!

Sherry said...

Girls!! How fun will that be? And you can use a lot of the clothes you already have! Great news. We're still praying about the unknown!

Myrna said...

Continuing to pray! Four girls--Lots of bows and hormones!

Brenda said...

I agree with your assessment of the second statement. God does indeed give us more than we can handle (if we could handle it, we wouldn't depend on Him.) But He will never give us more than He can handle because there is no such thing!

I'm still praying.

Barb said...

I don't blame you at all for not enjoying that needle, Kristen. I hate needles too and am a big baby when I'm getting stuck with one, so I understand.

Girls! Hooray!

This all sounds encouraging to me. Really, what little you do know sounds good to me but you can bet I'll be back to find out the results when you get them.

Meantime, all you girls are in my prayers. :-)

Maine Mom said...

Poor Feisty. I'm glad she is feeling better now.

Yay for more girls! Your husband is going to be way outnumbered. :-)

I hope all the test results come back more positive than expected.

Linda said...

I'm glad little Feisty is feeling better. We're just going to pray that it is something easily treated.
You've been through so much Kristen, and now we're just trusting that the tests results are going to be better than we could have imagined.

nancygrayce said...

I am continuing to believe that they will be just fine! They will be perfect because God is forming them and knitting them together in your womb. I pray that God gives you perfect peace as you wait, that is so hard!!! I will be in prayer that you ALL do well!!

Linds said...

Hi Kristen, I am one of your Mum's blogging friends, and I am here to say I have been and will continue to pray for you and your babes.I hope Feisty is feeling better!

Carole Burant said...

Hi Kristen!! So good to hear that Feisty is feeling better today but I'm sure you're anxious to bring her for test in Denver to find out what exactly is causing these infections! Oh yuck, don't blame you for not enjoying the amnio at all...I think I turned green just reading about it! lol Two more little girls to love, now that would be wonderful:-) xox

Unknown said...

Glad to know everyone is home and feeling better. I am also glad to hear your "girls?!?" are growing, growing, growing! You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you await additional information.

Many hugs-

Erin
www.ExpectingExecutive.com

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

GIRLS!!! :) (My son shares Anakin's pain - Jackson was DEVASTATED that Susan and I both are carrying girls. HE DESPERATELY wanted a boy - preferably TWO!)

I am sooo thrilled to hear they are both growing so well. This is so great compared to the early words from the doctors!

Can't wait to hear more good news...

{{{HUGS}}} - and yes - you really should live in Canada. Your govt MUST figure out that health care! Yes our system is FAR from perfect - but our hospital stays are "on the house."

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

I am soo thrilled that your little girl is doing better!

I am also glad that the babies are growing - hey, that's GREAT news!

I am praying!

Amanda said...

Oh yes, that is very much a myth. God will give you more than you can handle.

He is, however, able to give you strength to handle it, but only through him.

Prayers for you and your children!