Sep 13, 2007

Well, the waiting game has begun today. I will sit here all day chained to my desk waiting to get that call from the doctor's office. I'm so nervous I can barely stand it. I will post as soon as I know something.

In the meantime, to ward of the nerves, I'm going to go back to the good old blogging days; the archives...before twin baby stress, pukiness and long bloggy breaks and do something I haven't done in awhile. Gotta get my mind on something else. So, I bring you....

Brit/ney Spe/ars
Awhile back, you know, when Brit shaved her head, I was among those who was of the school of thought, "This girl is a mess and needs to get her head straigtened out." I think that's what most people were thinking. As the months have passed and we have seen her come in and out of rehab, party the nights away, take her clothes off in public, let her kids locate her "lollipops" (a.k.a. cigarettes) for her and call them "mistakes", my opinion hasn't changed much. I still think she needs some help. But more in the form of just getting herself and her children out of the public eye and becoming a "normal" family. Now, how normal a family life she can ever have, I don't know, but it could definitely be started by trying to stay out of the public eye, staying away from nightclubs and keeping her clothes on.

MTV tried to help her out a little bit by having her open the VMAs--her big chance to make her big comeback. Her first album in four years is set to be released on November 13. The new single is getting fairly good reviews. But she came out and she bombed with a less than flattering outfit, un-synchronized "lip-syncing", and sub-par dance moves. Put that performance on your computer next to her previous performance on the VMAs where she sang "Slave For You" and you wouldn't even know it was the same person. She seemed uninterested, out of it, and like she could really care less to be there. My opinion? She didn't want to be there. I don't think she really wants a big comeback. I think she wants (and desperately needs) to be out of the spotlight and focus on herself and her precious little ones. She needs to heal her relationship with her family and she needs to rest and relax for awhile. I feel sorry for her....and I never thought I'd hear myself say that. Yes, she has done her share of self-destructing, however I think she is at such a bad place that she doesn't know how to dig herself out. People just need to leave her alone and quit analyzing everything she does with their proverbial microscope. I know I'd have a pretty tough time raising my kids if I had photogs following me at every turn just to see if I accidentally made some mistake that any other "normal" person could do without a second glance or thought. Go into hiding Brit. And stay there for a long time. It's the best thing you can do for yourself right now.

V*anessa Hud*gens
Am I the only person in the world sick and tired of hearing about these people and their "High School Musical"?! To be honest, until a few weeks ago, I hadn't even ever heard of HSM....I just kept seeing these strange young "stars" showing up in magazines talking about how HUGE they are but having no earthly clue who they are. I'm still confused. Was it a musical on broadway? A made for TV movie? I just really don't have a clue, and honestly don't care. I'm just sick of hearing about it. Gag. They are wholesome, wonderful, young role models for the young kids. And if you believe that, I have some ocean front property for sale right here at the base of the foothills in the Rocky Mountains. If you ever hear about how wholesome and wonderful a young person is, you can bet there's some skeleton out there in their closet that is bound to come out sooner or later. And so it was for miss V*anessa Hud*gens. Apparently she took some nude pictures of herself awhile ago....she must not have had too much faith in herself that she'd ever become famous because if she did, then she might have just thought that perhaps those pictures just might come out one day (a la Paris Hilon's infamous tape....maybe that's what she wants, who knows). Of course, those nude pictures were released by someone and put out there and supposedly she had taken those pictures and sent them to Drake Bell from the Nick show "Drake and Josh". If I were her, I'd be so embarassed I'd want to take my little wholesome rear and go hide under a high school bleacher for a year or two.

Regardless, I'll be glad when this whole thing is over. I can't stand to open one more magazine and see these people anymore. If I understood the huge appeal, maybe I'd feel differently....or maybe if I was eight years old. Who knows. No offense to anyone who has seen and likes this show. I haven't seen it so I shouldn't judge, I just get tired of seeing people in magazines when I don't even know who they are or what the big deal is!! Explain, please!

That's all I've got for this edition. Celebrity news, lately, has been pretty boring. Unless you thrive on reading or watching the news and continuously seeing little startlets who are barely of age getting thrown in and out of jail and rehab and then getting out ready to "change the world" only to be thrown back into rehab again. Yes, I'm speaking of you, Ms. Lo-han. I hope for your sake that once you get out of your lateset program that you are successful in staying clean, but I'm not betting my 1992 Saturn Sedan on it. Good luck!
And have a happy Thursday, y'all!














6 comments:

Dawn said...

Well said, my dear - if a bit on the sarcastic side!!

I hope they (both doctors) call soon for you and Feisty!

Unknown said...

My girls LOVE High School Musical! I did watch it with them to see what all the fuss was about and I thought it was a cute movie. Luckily, they are not old enough to be obsessed about the actors and they are not into the merchandise being sold. This movie and actors definitely hit it big with the youth.

mamashine said...

HSM is cute, I will say. Gillian loves it and we've watched it a bunch. The second one I'm not so crazy about.

And I totally agree about Brit.

Diane Viere said...

What a great thing to do while waiting. A very good distraction! So agree with you! Love your style of writing....the truth!

Prayerfully waiting with you.

Diane

Carole Burant said...

By now you'll have heard from the doctors....just know my prayers are with you!! I had missed your Celebrity News, always enjoyed that:-) Britney Spears' actions lately have sickened me...just yesterday saw a picture of her wearing a top as a dress...it just reached the middle of her butt and no panties...who in their right mind would walk in public like that? That's the problem, she's NOT in her right mind and I do hope she can get the help she needs before it's too late. I've never watched HSM but like you said, I'm also getting tired of seeing their faces every time you open up a magazine. xox

Ms. Kathleen said...

I heard about the Spears ordeal and I agree, she probably didn't want to be there but one thing I couldn't figure out is how people were saying she is fat! Most women after 2 kids would love to look as good as she does.

Praying for your family and babies.

Hugs!