Nov 30, 2007

Thank the LORD it's Friday!!

I could not be happier to see this Friday arrive. For one, it's been the week from H*E* double hockey sticks here at work. It's the week after Thanksgiving and the dreaded week before deadline here and every single person in the world who has waited until the last minute to apply here all of a sudden has decided that they need to know what is going on with their applications NOW. Never mind that they were the irresponsible ones who waited until the last minute to apply. No, it's our fault that we're not able to put their applications at the top of the pile because of course their applications are more important than the 4,329,435 others we've received.

I'm also thrilled to see this particular Friday arrive because it is PAYDAY. I'm doing the happy dance right now; and it's a pretty goofy sight to see a 6.5 month pregnant lady do the happy dance.


christmasdivider7
I changed up my look a little bit for Christmas. What do you think? I was extremely hesitant to do this since I have a custom design from Susie at Bluebird Blogs. But I just couldn't resist dressing up my blog for Christmas. I'll just be holding my breath when I try to re-install my Bluebird design after Christmas is over. Scary stuff. I get itchy feet when it comes to my blog design. I get bored after awhile--even with a fabulous custom design. I've been curing the itch by goofing around with my Mom's template every few months or so since I haven't felt like I can mess around with mine. Half the time I don't even ask her if she wants me to do something, I just do it. I hope she doesn't mind.
christmasdivider7
A couple of posts ago, I did a quote and asked people to guess if they knew what show the quote came from. I keep forgetting to post the answer. The quote (which is not verbatim) was:

"I'm browned, basted and ready to be carved!!"

A couple of you guessed the show "Friends" which is absolutely.....correct! Anyone who has read my blog for any significant period of time knows what a humongous fan of Friends I am. The episode that I took this quote from was from the 5th season when Chandler and Monica were still dating in secret and were spending some time with Chandler's boss and his wife. They were playing a game of tennis doubles and Monica (being the competitive person she is) was of course beating them at every game. Chandler begged her to back off a little and let his boss and wife win a game. Monica looked at him like he was crazy and said,
"Are you crazy? Look at them. He can barely breathe and
she's popping pills. Those birds are browned, basted, and
ready to be carved."
So, there you have it! :-) Man, I miss that show! I would be a super happy camper if I were to get the entire 10 season boxed DVD set for Christmas or my birthday. (*ahem Mom) That and an electric blanket. I don't ask for a lot.
christmasdivider7
And now I must whine a little bit. I whine a lot lately; it's my prerogative right now. But today I must whine about the fact that in one week, my parents are going to be jetting off to Hawaii for their 35th wedding anniversary. Not like they deserve it or anything. (tongue in cheek). However, they did this to me ten years ago and their trip falls over my birthday. I know, get over it, Kristen. I'm an adult, I don't need my mommy and daddy around for my birthday. But, come on! Twice in ten years they have done this to me. Good grief. Hope you're guilt ridden all day on the 8th, guys! JUST KIDDING! Have a fabulous time.
christmasdivider7
We have no major plans this weekend, except I was thinking it would be fun to take the kids driving around to look at Christmas lights. It's one of their favorite things to do at this time of year; a little tradition that I have passed on to my family from my childhood as it was always one of my very favorite things to do as a child. I'm just looking forward to a (hopefully) relaxing weekend. We'll see.
christmasdivider7
Have a wonderful Friday and an even more wonderful weekend!!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

That is RIDICULOUS and PATHETIC that nobody will go get the decorations just because they're lazy, not because of the PC stupidity.

I thought you already the Friends DVD set.

We're going to celebrate your birthday Sunday, along with your SIL, who has the same birthday! OF all the ironies of life.

Play away on my blog all you want, if that is what it takes to keep your itch scratched!

Sherry said...

how dare they go on a trip over your b-day, for the love!

hallelujah for pay day--any word on your purse and stuff inside?

looking at Christmas lights is one of my favorite things as well... have a great weekend!!

Andrea said...

I'm a huge Friends fan too. Not to make you jealous, but I own all 10 seasons on DVD. I started collecting them about 5 years ago, and after a few years of asking for them for birthdays and Christmasas, the series is ALL MINE!!

My hubby doesn't share my love for the show though, so I have to watch them when he's not around.

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Kristen:-) Hope your weekend is going well...I'm watching our local Christmas telethon on tv, lot's of great local talent performing! When my boys were little I always drove them around to look at the Christmas lights and to this day I still love doing so...without my boys, though! lol I LOVE your Christmassy look, very well done:-) I know how to change my background and make headers...that's about it. lol I use to watch Friends faithfully and really miss it. Hope you get your Christmas wishes:-) xoxo

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love your new Christmas look, Kristen! If you saved your custom template it shouldn't be any trouble to reinstall it after Christmas.

I change mine all the time now since I changed over to the new Blogger that uses the widgets. I still have my custom template saved so I can change back to it anytime, though.

Hope your weekend was a good one. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Maine Mom said...

I love your Christmas look!

Payday is always the best day. :-)

I'm always bummed when my parents leave for a vacation, it gets lonely around here...even with my own family around. That's a double bummer that your parents will be gone on your birthday. I'd be bummed, too!

I hope you had a nice weekend.

Sherry said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I am having a scentsy party for Jennifer R at my house on Sat. I have a postcard for you-but I didn't get it to the boxes at church in time for Sun. It will be 10:30-noon at my house Sat-low key, just a few people. I had one for your mom too-but I know they will be out of town. Hope you are doing great.

Samantha said...

Hi Kristin,
I just discovered your blog and have spent the last few days home sick, reading through your archives. I'm a second grade teacher, so I'm sure you can imagine that I don't often get the opportunity to read blogs all day! It's been SO great! :-)

I love the honesty and warmth in your writing. I love how you can take a horrible day and turn it into something funny in writing. You're a great writer! And those girls of yours are SO CUTE!!! Oh my goodness, Fiesty seriously has the most amazing smile. The both look like they can light up a room! They look so happy.

Thanks for writing this awesome blog! It's kept me occupied for DAYS!! :-)