Nov 28, 2007

Wednesday Randomness

My Babies Are PO'd At Me!!

Thanksgiving was nice. We, as usual had two dinners. One around mid-day at my parent's house with all of my side of the family, then one hosted at my house with Mike's side of the family. MIL handled pretty much everything; I made the green-bean casserole (GO ME!!) but MIL did everything else. I think we had more food for the eight of us then there was for 19 at my parent's dinner. Can you say leftovers?! My fridge (which was pretty barren prior to that day) was stuffed to the gills by Thursday night. The remainder of the weekend was spent figuring how many ways you can possibly eat turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, twenty-five different types of salad, jellos and pies. By Sunday night we had dumped all of it in a huge pan together (pies, jello and salad included---um, just kidding) and cooked it all together. It was sort of shepherd pie-ish. Not too bad. At least it didn't look too bad. I wouldn't know because I didn't eat any of it. In fact, beyond Thursday and up until this very moment, I have eaten very little. Which is part of the reason my babies are PO'd at me. The other reason is because of the pure ruckus my body has caused in my stomach for the past four days or so.

Care Bear and I both came down with a hellish case of the flu on Friday. She woke up with it; it hit me sometime mid-day; shortly after I had indulged in two pieces of apple pie. MIL I still think is convinced it's because I ate two pieces of pie. I keep trying to tell her that I highly doubt that two pieces of pie could cause four days of vomiting and other stomach ailments which I will not discuss. Nor would my eating two pieces of pie cause my sweet little girl to have pretty much the same issues as me. I don't think over-indulging in pie is contagious.

So, the poor little squirts have not only had to endure earthquakes, tornadoes and hurricanes in their safe little haven, they have also had to endure being mal-nourished for over half a week. They are maaaaaaaddd! They are proving this to me by kicking, punching and stabbing every spare nook and cranny they can find. I can hardly blame them. This is reminiscient of the week prior to my giving birth to Care Bear when I was sick for an entire week with the stomach flu. She got so sick of it that she said, "Forget this!" and decided to come three weeks early. Recalling this, I panicked a little concerned due to the fact that if these babies got so sick of being in the chaos that is my body right now, they would try to come two and a half months early, which of course is in no way acceptable. So I called my doctor's office. When they panicked, I panicked more. They made me come in right then and even made me call inside the office when I was in the parking lot so that they could come out and sterlize me before I came in (read: sport an oh-so-cool surgical mask and slather myself with sterizing hand wash). I felt like a leper. They strapped a fetal monitor on to me to do a non-stress test, took a urine sample to make sure I don't have a bladder infection (which I think I do--those results still pending), and informed that I was probably going to be sent over to the hospital for the rest of the day to get hooked up to an IV to get rehydrated. SCORE!

Luckily, babies showed no signs of stress, heart-rates were good and instead of sending me to the hospital, they sent me on my way with instructions to drink plenty of Gatorade.

I'm on the mend. I was able to eat a cheese sandwich last night. Or rather, half of a cheese sandwich. I'm able to consume liquids again, which is also good. Care Bear as well has recovered for the most part and has been able to go to school this week. Now, if we can just get through the rest of this month with no illness, it will be the best Christmas present I could get--well, that and a new mini-van for my own personal daycare.

Baby Name Update

We thought we had names picked out. They were going to be Samantha Hope and Victoria Faith. And then the girls got involved. The big girls that is. They have very strong ideas as to what they want to name the babies. Feisty is bound and determined to name one of the babies Emma. She has not wavered from this point. I'm considering it. It's a real name (albeit quite over used right now) and it's cute. Care Bear has come up with quite an assortment of interesting names. One of her more viable options is Sierra (a friend's name at school) and her most recent choice: Janessa (also a friend from school). These are more acceptable to me than her previous suggestions such as: Olive (there is a specific reason I will not choose this name) and Guitarra (a completely made up, fabricrated name).

So, the whole baby name thing is still up in the air. I have all the suggestions everyone has given me written in a handy-dandy notebook which I refer to quite often. I love all of the suggestions. Keep them coming. It could be months still before the squirts have names. They could quite possibly go to Kindergarten without names. I think Little Squirt and Big Squirt are perfectly fine names to grow up with, don't you?!?!

christmasdivider7

Occupational Stuff

My husband is, as we speak, 3 miles west of me and about 3 hours into his new job joining the ranks of the rest of us esteemed employees of this higher education establishment. I am t-minus 22 minutes away from a meeting with my supervisors to discuss returning to part-time. Pray for us both. If you are a prayin' person. Thanks!

christmasdivider7

The Make Up Artist

And last but not least. Care Bear got a new Bratz doll this week. Don't criticize me on getting my daughter a Bratz doll. Daddy got it for her. In her mind, she's just a pretty doll. That's it. Anyhooooo.....the doll came with a little compact full of sparkly powder with which to adorn the doll's face. Adorning the doll's face, however, was not enough for Care Bear. It was turned into a full scale make-up salon. The evening was spent getting sparkly powder make-overs. Come to think of it, I probably should have double checked faces this morning to make sure any sparkly's were not left over. Oh, well.

The "salon " came complete with flowers for decoration, a keyboard for musical entertainment, a "tip jar" (I was informed right away that I must pay to receive facial treatments), cotton balls and her new winter gloves (lest she get sparkles on her fingers). The facials were done concurrently while watching the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. Good times.

make up shop 2

make up shop

And that's it for me! Happy Wednesday.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Pass congrats to M on the new job. Woot!

Love the make-up photos. B keeps trying to click on your tv screen to watch Charlie Brown. She thinks it's YouTube, I guess.

I love the name Guitarra. You could call her Tarra for short. Emma is divine.

:)

Sherry said...

Glad you're feeling better. Missed seeing you when Brooke was there. Love the name Emma...I think it would totally fit with the girl's names. Yeah, for M's job. That's great news. I hope your meeting goes well with going back to part-time. I was just asked if I would like to teach one more class to be full-time...I'm really struggling with the thought, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Sad you and Care Bear were feeling icky, glad you're feeling better.

I watched the Charlie Brown Christmas specials last night, too! It's just not Christmas time until I've seen it. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Kristen:-)

Oh yuck, having the flu is no fun, especially when you're pregnant! Ugh! Glad you're both feeling better, though. Also glad you got those babies checked out and everything was fine:-) So glad to hear that your husband got another job...best of luck to him with that. Oooh a future makeup artist in the works...she's so precious:-) xox

Andrea said...

ACK!! the stomach flu is my worst nighmare...i absolutely DREAD getting it every year (but I know it will happen sooner or later...). I hope the rest of your winter is sick-free.

I have a niece named Emma. It's definitely a pretty name. And I also really like the name Janessa. Whatever names you pick, they will be beautiful.

Glad you're all feeling better!
p.s. you never told me if I was right about the Friend's episode.

Baba said...

I am glad you are feeling better..I love the name Emma as that is one of my grands name..Your house looks very nice for Christmas..CB looks so cute playing with her make-up.. Baba

lifeinsuburbia said...

Ohhhh. You know how I love Emma. And Kate is a lovely name to accompany it . And by that I mean her twin sista. Love it~!! Sorry to have missed you guys, not sorry to have missed the virus. :)

Barb said...

Hi Kristen,

I'm dropping in really quick to tell you, I love the names Samantha and Victoria. Both of them. I do. So go Mom!

I'm assuming, of course, that you do have some say so in this.

:-)

Gina said...

You'll know when the names are right for the "Squirts"... good luck! I like all the choices... even Olive as that was my Grandma's name.