Jan 2, 2008

I didn't make it here to ring in the New Year and wish everybody a happy one. Not that I wasn't up to ring it in. Far beyond, as a matter of fact. My MIL was here in my room until almost 4 a.m. However, I am not exactly sure what I was doing at the exact moment Father Time handed the reins over to baby New Year. I think I was knitting a hat or something like that.

Speaking of, I have completed hats now for Care Bear, Feisty, Emma and Kate. All the same color. My four girls are going to look so cute all wearing their hats together. I've got several "orders" for other people. I'm trying to figure out how to do the scarves, too.

Here's Emma and Kate's Hats
baby hats

(How about that container of disposed of hypodermics behind me? They aren't mine. Wish they'd get rid of them. One of them is labeled "Hep B". Cool!)

Here's A Belly Shot--Probably the Last

7 months

Still bored, but coping. My girls have made themselves at home here; they know where everything is and love to take people on "tours". Their visits are the highlight of my day. I wish they could move in with me.

I've gotten to go twice now on 30 minute "walks" around in the wheelchair. It's nice to get out of this bed and this room. I wish I could go outside. I probably could if I wanted to but it's pretty cold out there right now.

Must get back to my busy, busy life now. Happy January 2nd!

11 comments:

Janaque said...

Hey Girl!!! I am sooo sorry that you're so bored! We were going to try and get up there on Sunday, but the day just got away from us!
I have to work 12's the rest of this week, but maybe on Saturday, after practice, we can jet over.
Call if you need anything!! Taco bell???

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Kristen,
I love the little hats you made for Emma and Kate. They are just beautiful. When our girls were smaller, I always dressed them both alike. I actually had people ask me if they were twins. I was thinking to myself, DUH, no they aren't twins because our oldest Daughter is taller than the youngest Daughter. Oh well, I would just tell them nicely they weren't twins. Our girls has 28 months between them. I had them both by C-Section also. Maybe you can learn how to make the scarfs to go along with the hats and then next who knows, Mittens? You never know. I think pregnant Women have beautiful bellies. I'm glad Care Bear and Fiesty have made themselves at home there. I think that is just neat them wanting to give everyone a tour. As much as you would like to go outside, if it's really cold, you should stay inside. It has been bitterly cold here in the South as well. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours. I'm still praying and lifting you and the Babies up in my prayers.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Toby Schmidt said...

Kristen, You're a pro! Your belly is georgous. Hang in there!

Julie

nancygrayce said...

Love the hats! You're doing great in spite of the boredom!

Anonymous said...

Those are some awesome hats! Hang in there! :o)

Fresh Girl said...

Those little hats are adorable! I couldn't knit if I had one hand tied behind my back, which is what it felt like when I tried doing it with both hands! ;)

I'm glad you're getting to leave your hospital room at least for a few minutes. And yay for the twins still doing so well!

Barb said...

I just read about your knitting over at your mom's place and had to come see. Those little hats are adorable, Kristen! I'm so glad you've found something to help relieve the awful boredom.

My word, your belly is huge. I can't wait to meet these little girls.

Nancy said...

I love, love, love, the hats... you are one talented lady. Your twins are going to love them and so will the other 2 girls. Hang in there... each day is important and one day closer to the end of bedrest bootcamp!

Linda said...

I was praying for you this morning and trying to think of things you could do to make the long hours pass a little more quickly. Since I love knitting that came to mind. I see you have already beaten me to the punch! The hats are adorable. You're doing a great job - taking care of little babies and knitting hats.
I know this is a difficult time, but just think of this as rest before the work of two newborns begins.
Praying for you Kristen - and for the whole family.

Andrea said...

Girl...you look f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!! I'm glad the girls are able to visit you to give you some sunny moments in your day!

Shera said...

I'm sooooo very glad that you got pictures of your twin pregnancy! Sadly I have NONE (they shocked us by arriving 6 weeks early!

Blessings!
Shera