Aug 15, 2006

Care Bear "Potty Talk" and more

I realize that it may seem that I talk about Care Bear an awful lot lately, but I can't help it. She just provides such good "blog fodder" that I can't get away from it. So, for your Tuesday reading, I give you "Care Bear Potty Talk and More...".

Care Bear's birthday is coming up in a little over two weeks. Hubby and I had been discussing what to do for her birthday and decided that our little family would take her to Chuck E. Cheese's and the following Saturday, we would have the family over for cake and ice cream and presents. Anakin was very satisfied with this plan, what with Chuck being one of his favorite places to go. However, Care Bear threw a wrench in his plan when she announced that she had decided against Chuck and just wanted to have the party at our house. Anakin was not happy with this plan and was very vocal with his distaste. I tried to remind Anakin whose birthday this actually is when Care Bear piped in with, "Anakin is so dramatic!" One of her other favorite vocabulary words right now: Separately. Yeah.
********************************************
Monday afternoon while playing with Blondie 1, Care Bear came bursting through the front doors announcing to anyone within shouting distance that she had to go potty really bad! In a few minutes, I heard her shout to me, "MOMMY! YOU HAVE TO COME SEE THIS!" Now, usually when Care Bear tells me this, it is because she is overly proud of whatever it is that she has produced into the toilet. Yeah, I know....gross. But being the doting mother that I am, I went and looked cringing the whole time. Care Bear had a little case of the runs; and having never had this since being potty trained, this was a new and surreal experience for her. She was in awe. I quickly flushed the toilet, feigned amazement with her over what she had done and asked her to please get her underwear back on. "But Mommy," came her response, "I'm not done yet".

I went back to my business of folding laundry when I saw a streak of naked Care Bear flash right by me towards the stairs.

Me: "Care Bear! Where are you going?"

Care Bear: "I have to go potty upstairs now!"

Me: "Why?!?!" (fearing the absolute worst: that the toilet and overflowed with her runs and everything all over the bathroom floor.)

Care Bear: "Because everytime I go potty downstairs today, my butt goes 'pphhhhhtttttttt' when I sit down!"

Ahem....that's my Care Bear!!

hayley as mickey mouse 014

10 comments:

someone else said...

Thank you so much for that hoot and holler! She's so funny and I love this story!!

Unknown said...

Cute!

Ashley said...

too too funny!!

kpjara said...

ROTFL! That is priceless and such good future son-in-law blackmail material! I know, I know it's WAY too soon to even think that way, but one day...someday...her prince will come and he'll need to know about this!

Mall Worker said...

That is just too funny! Care Bare just must be a riot :)

Dawn said...

She really keeps us laughing. So smart and funny and articulate.

Blackeyedsue said...

I am ROLLING! How funny is that kid! I hope you post more and more Care Bearism's.

Unknown said...

She is a hoot. The picture at the end is just the icing on the cake, too.

Trisha said...

Little kids, gotta love 'em!

Sherry said...

too funny!!!