Aug 23, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday!

worksformewednesday



I do most of the housework in our household. Dishes, vacuuming, dusting....you name it. People who have been reading my blog since the beginning know my distaste for one household chore in particular......laundry. It never ends. Once you think you have it done, you turn around and there's an entire basket or three full of laundry again.

I've always done all the laundry for all five people in my family. Recently, I accidentally stained one of my husband's shirts. The reaction I received from him after staining his shirt prompted what I now refer to as "The Laws of Laundry". It's a simple law really. Hubby now does his own laundry. I refuse to touch it. I will no longer be blamed or berated for an inadvertent stain on a shirt. This law accomplishes two things:

1.) I no longer can accidentally stain or ruin any of his clothes. If they are ruined, it is his fault and his fault only. He also can not get on my case if he doesn't have any clean clothes.

2.) It lessens my laundry responsibility exponentially. This man changes his clothes more times a day than my kids AND usually doubles up on shirts. And his socks?! Don't even get me started on his socks.

The Laws of Laundry....it WORKS FOR ME!!

16 comments:

Ashley said...

my husband does laundry a little bit and although i love it, he absolutely can't do it. he puts towels and tshirts and everything together and then he piles as MUCH as he can into the washer. it's been 4 years now and he still can't get it right. i guess i need to be thankful that he tries. as far as the folding goes--he's SO picky about how his stuff is hung up so i make him hang clothes while i fold them (plus all i wear is tshirts and i just fold those).

someone else said...

Sounds like a great solution to me! I really dislike ironing, so fortunately B will do his own ironing a lot of the time.

Mama Duck said...

Ha ha ha, DH would never have any shirts ;). He does all his own ironing tho, ick. Have a great Wednesday - our WFMW tip is up as well!

Unknown said...

Hubs used to claim that I was "shrinking" all his clothes. I got so sick of his special needs laundry that I did what you did. It worked. Pretty soon he apologized for being a laundry primadonna.

Will said...

I'm with you sista....

then again I'd have my husband leaving the house with stinky clothes, or him washing his clothes and never taking them out of the dryer. What's the saying about if you want something done right?

Dawn said...

Sounds like a good idea to me! He needs to not wear so many clothes in one day!! Does he keep it done, or does it pile up?

Mall Worker said...

Right on! My partner does his own laundry now, and It totally works!

Diane Viere said...

You go girl!

What WAS he thinking! Oh--yeah--he wasn't thinking!

Love it when a strong woman lays the law down! Soon--you'll be striking.....like I have from time to time! However, call me before you do--because if things go like they did for me...when my strike was over.....the work was still waiting for me! Guess that one backfired!

Diane

mamashine said...

My husband does all the laundry. And the ironing. And if I try to do it, he hovers over me and asks if I know what temperature water and how much soap to use. Because I've only been doing my own laundry since I was ten... until I married the laundry nazi. :)

Shalee said...

Our law came in the form of this: "Clear your own pockets. I will not be responsible if things get washed that shouldn't be washed (like wallets)." That worked for me.

Plus, he does his own ironing, but that is only because with a full-time job and the house and the kids, I can only do so much, you know.

Unknown said...

I don't mind doing my husband's laundry, but he's in charge of his own ironing :-)

Gina Conroy said...

My husband and 12 year old son do their own laundry. Though I do pitch in when they leave the laundry in the washer and dryer.

Carole Burant said...

So, your laundry multiplies too while you're not looking eh? lol Good for you for making your hubby do his own laundry....that'll teach him from complaining!!!

Grish said...

My terrible chore is the dishes...

Gabriela said...

I like your plan. Guapo did all his own laundry the first 4 yrs we were married. Then he went to work and I stayed home, so I started doing it. don't think I could make him go back at this point. :(

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just came across your blog. I am new to this whole blogging world.. I just loved this one blog.

You are so right on.. but if I had my husband do his own.. it would never get done.. and there would be a funky smell coming out of our room..