Sep 20, 2006

Dear Mr. Nasty Cold Germ Man,

Dear Mr. Nasty Cold Germ Man (I say man because I'm sure no cold germ would ever be female!),

You must leave my body. You must die! You have invaded my body and are inhabiting every pore. Thanks to you, I feel like my head is a balloon ready to explode. You're a tough guy, Mr. Nasty Cold Germ Man. Yesterday I felt fine. By the end of the day I was sneezing. By 8:30 last night, I was sure that I had acquired the cold of death.

Congratulations Mr. Nasty Cold Germ Man. You have succeeded in infecting my daughter and myself this week. I'm a mom, Mr. Nasty Cold Germ Man. I can't afford to be sick. I don't have the luxury of laying in bed all day waiting for you to pack up your compadres and leave.

So, here is what I'm going to do, buster. I'm going to leave work, go home and go to bed while my mom is watching my kids, use up a whole sick day for you, pump my body up with Vitamin C and my best friend "Tylenol Cold and Flu" and wait for you to die. You have one day to leave my body, Mr. Nasty Cold Germ Man. ONE DAY. Got it? Enjoy using my body as a host today, because that's all you get!

Sincerely,
Kristen

15 comments:

TJ said...

lol!!!
at least you still have your sence of humor!!
:-D

Barb said...

Boy do I remember being sick and having to take care of the kids in spite of it. That's one of the hardest parts of motherhood. You're so lucky to have your Mom helping you with the kids. I hope you get over it soon. These change of season colds seem to be the worst kind.

Glad you reached your goal. That's a LOT of comments!

someone else said...

I hope you get a wonderful day of sleep and wake up feeling better. Drink lots of water.

Lori said...

My daughter can relate to this post. She had been sick on the coach with this nasty "male" cold all week. I love your sence of humor. I'll come back and visit again.

Dawn said...

No wonder you're not answering my e-mails! You're down the street snoozing. Get Well Today!!

Diane Viere said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Way to take charge! I think going home and taking a nap is just what will scare that nasty germ-man away.

Diane

Sharon said...

I hope you will knock out mr.cold man and never have to see him again. Drink lots of water, rest and get better real soon

Anonymous said...

That's telling him. Hope it works and you are all feeling better soon!

LZ Blogger said...

All germs are MALE? Interesting concept! ~ jb///

kpjara said...

That is hilarious and I'm totally using it if Mr. Nasty Cold Germ Man comes my way!

Jenn said...

awww.....I hope you kick the germ man FAST, maybe some garlic man could chase him away?!

Pamela said...

Give him a good fight Kristen. So sorry you're not feeling well, and you're right it is so unfair to use a day off for Mr Cold Man...Hope your feel better soon!

On the up side...what a sweet Gma!

Will said...

I kind like having a cold...gives me an excuse to avoid the kids and get lots of sleep.

That's because I'm the laziest mom EVER.

mouse said...

Don't forget the chicken soup. Hope you and your daughter are feeling better fast.

BlondeBrony said...

Hope you feel better soon.