Sep 8, 2006

What's YOUR most embarassing moment?

I had an idea. Maybe you will like it, maybe you won't, but here it is regardless. I thought it might be fun to post our most embarassing moments so we can all laugh at each-other through cyber-space. I need some good, light-hearted, laughy type posts to read. I will add a Mr. Linky box at the bottom so you can link to your most embarassing moment and we'll all just have a great time laughing and pointing fingers at eachother.

I actually have a couple of most embarassing moments. One of them, I talked about awhile back here. Go laugh at me there. And here is another most embarassing Kristen moment.

It was a few years ago. At work, everyone's old computers were being deployed and we were receiving new ones, which is always an exciting time in our office. Computer techies were buzzing around our office like bees and the techie who was working on mine was actually a student employee who happened to be fairly *ahem* adorable. It was clearly obvious that he was years younger than I, and I had this terrible urge to find out how old he was without coming right out and asking him. After he had left my area, I decided to look him up on my student system and find out exactly how old he was. Well, it was too much younger and I dropped the mere thought right there and decided that it would just be fun to see him when he came back to work on my computer. (Oh, yes....I am pathetic. Several failed internet based relationships can do that to a person!) A couple of days later, he came back to clean out all the bugs and make sure all my programs were working correctly. He had me log on and start opening up all my various applications. When he had me open up my student information systems application (the one where I looked him up) there on my computer as large as life was his information sitting right there on the computer for him to see. I felt like the whole computer was going to swallow me whole. It was more than obvious that it was no coincidence that his information just happened to show up on my computer. I mean, the only reason that it would (other than my over the hill pathetic self opening it up myself) would be if he called up asking information about his application. He's already a student, and he knows he didn't call; so therefore it meant that I had gone through the trouble to look him up on the computer. Needless to say, he was taken aback; I tried quickly to save face by closing it real quick and insisting that "YES! THIS PROGRAM WORKS JUST FINE" hoping that perhaps he hadn't seen it and the look on his face was just a case of gas or something else, but I knew better.

From that point on, we always had a different student computer techie working on our computer. Coincidence? I think not! DOH!

What's yours? Come on. I embarassed myself, now you embarass yours! Post it on your blog, then come back here and link to it on good 'ole Mr. Linky!!



10 comments:

Dawn said...

I do a good job of suppressing my embarrassing moments, but for you I'll do this!

kpjara said...

I'll have to narrow down my user-friendly embarrassing moments and then I'll link up....

Lei said...

I have these moments and I think to myself - remember this for the next time you get that question, "What was your most embarassing moment?" Alas, I cannot remember. I have a good habit of pushing those things right out of my mind. :P

Thansk for sharing yours, though. LOL!

ruth said...

That was a cute story, & who wouldn't want to know more about a cute guy. I'm an old gramma but I still have eyes & once in a while will notice one.
ruth

Pamela said...

That is such a cute and embarrassing story and sounds just like something I would do. Your Mom encouraged me to add my post. What a great idea!

Barb said...

Hello Kristin,

I know your Mom but didn't even realize you had a blog. So I didn't know you'd done this with the linky when I did a post on this subject a little while ago.

I'm going to go back into my post and add a link so people know they can participate in this and link at your place.

Nice to meet you by the way. :-)

Barb said...

Well duh. It occurred to me I just hopped back over to my post to link it and didn't read yours! Dumb.

I had a sinking feeling about halfway through your post how this was going to play out. You must have been embarrassed to death. And it must be even more embarrassing that someone different came after that. I wonder if you scared him? I'm trying to imagine how you felt when his information came up on the screen. Yeah, I can see where you'd want the floor to swallow you up. I've had that feeling and it's not pleasant.

This is kind of fun, tossing out all our pride and shame and telling everyone this stuff.

Susanne said...

Linked over from A Chelsea Morning. What a great idea! This was shaping up to be a boring Saturday night but now I'm sitting here going through the links having me a great old laugh till I cry time! Thanks for sharing yours, I'll try to think of some. I tend to bury them far, far away.

Anonymous said...

Now if that had been me, I'd have come up with some lame-o excuse and made it much worse. LOL. Although at the time I'm sure it didn't seem like it could have been worse.

I'll have to do some digging to come up with mine. I tend to repress such things.

Dianne said...

Oh goodness, how embarrassing. I bet you just wanted to die. Thanks for doing this - its kind of fun reading everyone elses!