Nov 22, 2006

Let's All PRAY FOR MICAH!!

Pray For Micah


Micah has been on my mind a lot lately. Particularly as the holiday seasons come upon us. As a mother, I can only imagine the pain this family is feeling watching their precious little boy fight for his life at such a young age.

When I first became aware of Micah and his situation, I mentioned him to Care Bear and told her that we need to remember to pray for Micah because he is sick and he is even younger that her little sister, Feisty. Care Bear has remembered. Without fail. To pray for him at bed-time every night and at meals. She reminds me to pray for him. She has become Micah's little half-pint prayer warrior.

After Care Bear said her bedtime prayer last night (which of course included Micah), I got to thinking about Micah and his family. I know that they have thousands, and maybe tens or hundreds of thousands of people praying for them. And I thought to myself; let's add some more. Let's spread the word. Let's get as many people we can through this great network of bloggers to pray for Micah! Then I thought, let's specify a day of prayer for Micah. Obviously, pray for him whenever he comes to your mind. But in addition to that, let's set a day and a time where we all stop whatever we are doing and pray all at the same time for this precious little boy. Let's get him home for the holidays to be with his family.

I was thinking that we could set the first day of December as our National Day of Prayer for Micah! Say, 9:00 Mountain Standard Time (you do the math if you are pacific, eastern or otherwise. :-) ? You can pray silently to yourself; you can put the prayer on your blog. No matter; as long as the prayer is being said!

If you are interested in joining this time of prayer for Micah, spread the word! Add the button to your side-bar. Whatever you can to get as many people as we can out there in blog-land praying for Micah!

Liz over at Looney Bin 4 Sure created a button for Micah. You can grab the code for it over on her blog here: http://looneybin4sure.blogspot.com/2006/10/pray-for-micah_28.html.
You can also put the graphic I made at the top of this post with the prayer date and time on it in your blog if you'd like. Just click on the "write to me" button on my side bar and I'll send you the code. :-)

I hope you'll join me in this effort to pray for this sweet little boy. If you are going to join me, add your name to Mr. Linky. I'm excited to see how many people we can get praying for this little guy. Spread the word, get those people to spread the word and so on and so forth!



**I am going to make this a sticky post to remain at the top until after December 1. New posts will be below this one.



9 comments:

Linda said...

I've been praying for him too Kristen, and I think a day of prayer is a great idea. Count me in.

Lala's world said...

I don't know the situation but for sure I will pray for him!

LZ Blogger said...

Hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING weekend!!! ~ jb///

Pamela said...

Micah has been in my prayers for sometime now. He has a wonderful loving and supportive family. I admire your efforts and will continue to pray for this sweet little boy. He seems to be tolerating the treatment a little better each time and with God's loving mercy I pray he will be healed.
Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and that you were blessed to be with loved ones! You are such a sweet sweet friend! :)

Linda said...

I don't see my name, but I did sign up. I'll do it again! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

kpjara said...

I'll be praying!

palmtreefanatic said...

I am praying! God Bless this little guy!!!

Anonymous said...

I read about this on the "5 Minutes For Mom" website (which I just discovered!). I have already lifted sweet Michah up in prayer. Pleae keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Thank you all so much for your prayers for sweet Micah. He brings such joy to all of us at Vanderbilt. Please remember to pray for him and his family this holiday season.

One of Micah's nurses at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital