Nov 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Eve

Here I sit at work; on the day before Thanksgiving. Out of about 50 people who work in my office, I think about 10 are actually here. That seems like a pretty reasonable estimate. But it's alright. I purposely didn't take time this year because I am trying to save up some time in the hopes that my husband and I will get to take some time to go on a little trip to Arizona for our 5th anniversary in March.

For fun today, I was in my site-meter going through the referrals to see how people found me. A lot came to me through really interesting google searches. Here's just a few of the google searches that led people to me this week:

  • cocoon creatures
  • tribute to a loving grandpa
  • hix contractions
  • spanking mama
  • child blinks a lot then stretches
  • my embarrassing moment
  • grandmas goodnight prayers
  • my baby's eyes are blinking a lot
  • appropriate punishment for spitting
  • I want to quit to be full time mom recommend it or not
  • child's prayer for dinner
  • little prayer for someone frustrated



thanksgiving graphic


Today, in light of the holiday, I would like to give a shout out to all my "moms".

There is, of course, my IRL Mom, who you may know as Grandma Dawn. She's been my mom now for 31 years (almost 32! Gack!) She's a wonderful mom and is an awesome grandma!

Then there is my IRL aunt, who you may know as Morning Glory. I love her to death and spent a couple of fabulous summers at her house with her two daughters. Now, despite distance, we get to keep in touch with eachother on an almost daily basis thanks to the internet.

Over the course of the past few months, there are a few ladies out there who have taken me under their wing and have come to feel like "internet moms". They are fabulous and it's always nice to know that there are people all over the world who are thinking of me and praying for me and interested in my life. So, thanks to my blogging mamas (you all didn't know I adopted you, did you?!)

--Barb from A Chelsea Morning
--Pamela from Just The Two Of Us
--Linda from The Middle Years
--Diane from Partners in Prayer for our Prodigals

I am thankful for so many things, but today I wanted to especially thank the special ladies in my life! I hope your holiday is a blessed one!

**And here's a little tidbit: I am thisclose to hitting 10,000 visitors to my so called life!! Woo-hooo! Think we can mark the milestone by getting me 10,000 comments?! Uhhh....just kidding!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

10,000 visitors? Dang, Kristen. That's a lot. PS - I totally resent your reminder that there is only 32 days until Christmas. Not cool.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

someone else said...

Thank you, Sweetie, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

I'm getting fairly close to 10,000, also.

Linda said...

You sweet girl. I am constantly amazed at how quickly relationships can form over something that seems so impersonal. You have become very special to me too Kristen. I am so thankful that you would consider me another mom. Can't think of a better compliment.
Be blessed and have a joyful Thanksgiving. I am praying for you.

Kelli said...

Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hey... did you have a good day after Thanksgiving with the movie and hot chocolate and decorating?