Nov 30, 2006

TMI?? Perhaps.....

Men (if any men read my blog) may want to stay clear of this post....fair warning.

So, ladies, you know how it is pre-baby.....I mean how your body is pre-baby. And then there is post-baby.

Let's just say that particularly pre-Feisty, I was a decent 34C. Now? I'm lucky if I'm a 34A. But I've been too lazy to go out and buy myself any new bras to fit my decreasing body.

So, I've been wearing the 34C bras; basically might as well not be wearing one at all.

I mentioned to my mom the other day that all I want for Christmas is a new bra. That's it. Just a new "over the shoulder boulder holder" (ten points if you know where that quote is from).

Yesterday morning she presented me with two new bras. She and Feisty went shopping for me. Yes, my two year old daughter helped pick out my new bras.

I'll just say one thing about my new bras that actually fit: I forgot how high up on my chest that my boobs go when I'm wearing a bra that actually fits. Go figure.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beaches of course! I love that movie. nothing like getting a new bra, i hate these stupid nursing bras...do you sense any negativity there???

Amanda said...

I really would consider a boob job after nursing- not a HUGE one, but if I could have pregnant/nursing boobs all the time- that would be great. BUT ALAS, $$$$$$$ and that question of necessity. Darn.

someone else said...

I'm laughing hysterically!!

I need some new bras too! (more TMI?)

Kristen said...

It was so cute - Feisty was looking at all of them and saying, "I like this one," "I like that one."

Linda said...

Ah gravity!! There really is nothing like proper support. Very cute post Kristen:)

Dawn said...

Oops - that was me who wrote the comment about Feisty picking out the bras. Evidently I was logged in to Kristen at the time. Hmmm.

brooke said...

Beaches!!! Love Love Love that scene. Actually, love anything with Bette Midler. Actually, love anything doing with boobies. it's funny. hey, that next weekend works for us. (the indian food) we really want to come !! ! and hang out!! without kids!!! It was great to see y'all at thanksgiving. fun times.

Diane Viere said...

You are too funny! You may have actually inspired bra shopping this Christmas season!

Speaking of the season....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new design! Also inspirational...!!!!.....was it hard to do? Can someone OVER 50 do it? :)

Diane

Dawn said...

Did anyone else see that Oprah a few weeks ago where she had all these models on wearing bras - the right size. Turns out almost everyone wears the wrong size, including me I'm sure!

mamashine said...

After I quit nursing I went in to get fitted for a new bra and the salesgirl took one look at me and reached out and grabbed the straps through my shirt and hoisted. "Honey, your first problem is that they belong UP HERE." And they moved like six inches up. I can totally feel your pain. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I thought they were meant to get BIGGER when you had babies? That's something I'm not looking forward to!!

p.s. LOVE BEACHES!!

Lala's world said...

I just got fitted for the first time! it was great! now I have bras that actually fit and what a difference it makes! like a HUGE difference

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, there's nothing better than a good fitting bra. I've lost a whole cup since my kids have come along. :(