Aug 23, 2007

I am continuously amazed at the outpouring of love, support and prayers by you wonderful people. Although, I'm not sure why I am surprised....I've seen how everyone has given their support and prayers to others out there. This is a great community of people to be a part of and I am so grateful for you.

As my mom said, they decided (or rather I decided) not to do the CVS yesterday. Dr. Hobbins said that he could have gotten in there but that the chances of something happening are about 1 in 75. He asked me if the results of the tests would have bearing on what I would do with the pregnancy and I said I would absolutely not terminate the pregnancy. He didn't see any reason then to risk the twins now if the results wouldn't change anything and we decided together to wait three more weeks to do an amnio.

I could see my babies moving around in there. Baby A (big baby who they suspect has the chromosome issue) was moving around like crazy in there. I could swear he/she waved at me once. He (I say he usually in reference to this baby for some reason) was just chillin' out in there; looked like he was just resting on a hammock soaking up some rays. I could see all five fingers and toes. It was hard for me to fathom, as I sat there watching him, that there could be something wrong.

Baby B is still alive and kickin' as well. They didn't even think B would be alive by the time yesterday came around. He/she proved them wrong. As much of a big-wig as Dr. Hobbins is, my babies have the great physician in their corner.

I am back at work today after being out for 1.5 days. I ended up in the hospital on Tuesday night after spending the prior two days more miserable than I can ever remember being. My stomach wouldn't even tolerate Sprite or Mylanta. So I was in the hospital all day yesterday being re-hydrated and having anti-nausea/vomiting medication pumped into me. I slept a lot. Except when the phone kept ringing or nurses kept coming in to harrass me for one reason or another. I'll tell you one thing; when I'm in the hospital giving birth to these babies, I'm going to really limit the amount of visitors I get because when Feisty was born, I don't think there was more than 5 or 10 minutes in-between visitors. I felt more tired after leaving the hospital than I did coming in.

I appreciate you all so much. Your comments and your prayers are keeping me going! You will never in a million years know how much it all means to me!

27 comments:

Midlife Mom said...

We are all keeping those prayers going for you and the babies. I was praying yesterday for some relief for you from that nausea, hope it worked!

lifeinsuburbia said...

It's so good to hear that you're feeling better and that both babies are growing! Twins!!! Holy Cow!

Unknown said...

Wonderful news that the babes are getting bigger and stronger. I'm also glad that you're feeling better.

mamashine said...

"my babies have the great physician in their corner.."
I'm all teary.

Continuing to pray.

Linda said...

Hey Kristen,
I can't quite find the words to tell you how proud I am of you. Your spirit, your love for the Lord and for these precious babies just blesses me more than you will ever know. I sit here trying to see the screen through a blur of tears. God has a plan - a perfect plan - and His heart is so touched by your sweet spirit.
I pray for you all the time. I pray He will fill you with His peace and His presence and that you will literally feel His great arms of love around you - always.

Brittany said...

Hi Kristen-
I just started reading your blog and I just got all caught up on your situation. Your dedication to your two unborn children is so inspiring and amazing. I can definitely see the strength the Lord has given you. Just remember, He has a plan for all of his children. I will pray for you and your family, and for the plan the Lord has for your children!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

Sallie said...

Kristen -- I just found your site through 5MinutesForMom and wanted you to know I'll pray for you. I can do nothing else but God is the healer and giver of all life.

Blessings,
Sallie

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Oh, my heart did a little jump when Dawn posted the link to this post! I'm so glad you feel well enough to post, much less be back at work!

Our prayers are working, that is very evident. It gives me hope and faith that God is doing an even bigger miracle for your babies.

Still praying, Kristen....

Love and hugs,

Diane

Unknown said...

Very glad to hear that you are feeling better. You and your family will remain in our thoughts as you once again as you ride this emotional roller coaster. Your demonstrated faith and courage are quite a blessing for us all.

Hope you get some rest-

Erin
www.ExpectingExecutive.com

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I hope you are feeling better! Your post sounds better anyway :) I'm glad both babies are growing and look to be doing well. Prayers are continuing to go out for you and the little ones.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

How wonderful they are getting bigger and more and more healthy! God Bless!!!

Diane Viere said...

"my babies have the great physician in their corner."

AMEN and AMEN!!!!

Diane

natalie said...

I'm praying for the babies and their mommy. Thanks for the update.

kpjara said...

Go Babies, Go Babies....Go Babies!

Yeah! I pray you're feeling better and better each day!

Carole Burant said...

The power of prayer is indeed wonderful:-) It must have been so exciting to see the babies moving around like that...they need to hang in there, just like their mama:-) Hope you start feeling better soon dear Kristen! xox

Sherry said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! I've been meaning to call you this week, but it's been a bit wild with meetings-a terrible excuse. I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend though! It's great to "hear" you a little more upbeat about things.

nancygrayce said...

And the Great Physician makes NO mistakes....He is not surprised by our troubles! He is there to turn it all to good. Praying here.

GiBee said...

Kristen -- I had recently "lost you" in your moves -- so good to find you again! I'm so sorry to hear about all that you're going through with this pregnancy and I will be praying for you! Bless you!

Kristina said...

Kristen, You sound better. Just hang in there. I remember going for an ultrasound after my OB had informed me that one of my twins had more than likely died in utero (13 weeks) and seeing them BOTH in there alive and kicking and the one they were sure was gone was waving as if to say Hey there! They are now 6.5 years old and swimming in an ice-cold pool as I type on my laptop!

Don't give up hope sweetie. Dr.s don't know everything, only God does. If it helps any, the morning sickness really does stop eventually!

Jaye

Barb said...

I think it's so great that you feel better enough to go back to work, Kristen. What an ordeal you've been through this past week but work will help you through the next three weeks of waiting.

Good for you, about the visitors. I've never been so frustrated as I was at the constant, and I mean constant, day and night, stream of visitors in Krissy's room, within hours after a c-section. I finally had to run everyone out of the room after two days so she could have enough privacy to let me help her stand in the shower and clean up. It was awful and I'm pulling a Shirley McLain when this next baby is born. I'm running people out when Kris tells me she's had enough. Honestly. People mean well, of course, but they just don't think sometimes.

Nice to hear you sounding so feisty! :-)

Chrissy said...

Good news! I continue to pray for your family :-)

Unknown said...

It's good to hear from you! I am praying for you and your babies. Keep the good news coming!

camille said...

Hi Kristen, I just found your blog through "Slurping Life" and will be praying for you and your babies. My husband and I have a 2 year old with Williams Syndrome. I went through that pregnancy with no problems, no indication that anything was wrong, and didn't get any answers until after he was 2 months old. The emotions that come along with a diagnosis seem to wax and wane. This week has been especially hard. I hope you continue to feel better and that you can keep yourself hydrated and rested.

Trisha said...

So flad that I found you again!! Praying for you, the babies and your family right now. May god bless and keep you!!

groovyoldlady said...

Hurray for the good report! God is so good! I will keep on praying through the WHOLE pregnancy, girl. Keep leaning on the Lord!

Wil's Wheels said...

Praying for you and your precious gifts.

Lei said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe what you are going through! I feel like such a bad friend having missed all of this. :( You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!