Aug 13, 2007

Imagine my complete and total surprise when I came into work today, opened my blog and discovered almost 50 comments from my post. I have no words or way to express my thanks for the outpouring of prayers, support and love from everyone who came to offer prayers and good thoughts for me and my family right now. Between all of you and the myriad of people here at home, I feel truly covered. So many people have also told me true stories of ultra sounds that told them upsetting information only to give birth to perfectly healthy children. I am hanging on to everyone's prayers and support and those thoughts right now.

I also wanted to clarify that I am not so concerned with the baby(s) having Downs-Syndrome as I am the Trisomy 13 or 18. I am most concerned with carrying this pregnancy nine months to only lose my child shortly after birth; having my children anticipate and wait for their baby brother and/or sister only to lose it. And concerned about the small twin for whom the doctor does not hold out much hope. If I go to the doctor on Tuesday and am told that neither one of these babies is carrying an extra 13 or 18 chromosome, I will feel like I can breathe again and continue on with this pregnancy happily and with anticipation.

We had a visiting missionary to our church yesterday. At the end of his sermon he made a very strong point to tell us that God can do anything; raise people from the dead, heal the blind, cure the sick, turn water into wine etc.....all things that I know and have heard my whole life, but never have I counted on that truth more than now. If He can do all those things, he can certainly perform a miracle on my little ones.

Again I have no way to say thanks. I don't even know how. I definitely need to thank Janice and Susan from Five Minutes for Mom for passing this word along and adding so many people to the prayer chain for my little ones.

My next appointment is a week from tomorrow. Seems like an eternity from now. I have found that my emotions seem to be going in waves. One day I'll be OK and almost forget this is even happening and the next, I'm a complete basket case. Yesterday at church, I was OK until I saw my friend's adorable little baby girl (who is seriously about the cutest thing I have ever seen...next to my own, of course) and that was it. I lost it for the rest of the service.

Right now, I would like to share some cute, funny and positive things that went on with my sweet girls this weekend.

#1). Care Bear is a really well-rounded little girl. She is athletic, artistic, and very, very smart......(I just really need to brag on my kids right now, ai-ight??). This weekend, she learned how to do multiple somersaults in a row. The kid made me dizzy and nauseous just watching her. She really loves to color, draw, paint, etc. etc. etc......I'm planning on opening up a gallery very soon. At least then all of her art-work doesn't have to sit in 4 or 5 moving sized boxes throughout my house.

She wrote a book this weekend. She painted the cover, illustrated the book, and told me the story to dictate.....word for word. I did not write a single word of this book. I'm contacting publishers today. She'll make me rich......


cover (Small)
page 1 & 2 (Small)
pagew 3& 4 (Small)
pages 5 & 6 (Small)
pages 7 & 8 (Small)
pages 9 & 10 (Small)
pages 11 & 12 (Small)
pages 13 & 14 (Small)


Move over Jamie Lee and Madonna and whatever other stars have decided to start writing children's books. How about a children's author that is actually a child?! I mean, who better knows what children like better than a child? I think I'm going to bronze that book. Or something.

The other night, Care Bear and I were working on a puzzle together. Feisty was trying to be interested, but wasn't so much. So she made her way over to me and asked me if she could talk to the baby. Of course, I told her she could and she started talking to the baby in her cute little "big sister" voice. Then she asked me if it would be OK if she could sing to the baby. Her beautiful big eyes with her gorgeous long eyeleashes looking up at me asking me if she could sing to her baby. I wanted to squeeze every inch of love into her I could at that very moment. Of course I told her she could sing to the baby and so she did. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in perfect pitch. Could I love that kid more?!?!

That same night, Care Bear, Feisty and I were cuddling on the couch before bed. I told Care Bear that I want to cuddle with her as much as possible before the baby (they still don't know it's twins yet) is born. She pouted a little because she didn't think she would get to be cuddled anymore after the baby is born. I quickly told her that of course she would still be cuddled after the baby, and that she could cuddle the baby when it is born.

Care Bear: "No, I can't! It will be too small!"
Me: "Well, you like to cuddle Emery (cute baby referred to above).
How come you can't cuddle
our baby?"
Care Bear: "Because Emery is bigger than our baby! (Pointing at my
tummy which is by no means huge yet) Look how small
our baby is!!"


Anakin was with his mom most of the weekend so I have no anecdotes from him today.

Again, thank you so much. Continue with your prayers because the next week is going to go SOOOO slow.

Much love!

27 comments:

Barb said...

You and your babies were on my mind all weekend long, Kristen. I'm glad to hear you sounding so upbeat and positive - I had a very positive feeling about all this too.

Prayer does work miracles and you are definitely covered.

lifeinsuburbia said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend in spite of the situation! Good for you!!! You should go to Walmart or Target and buy some of their 8X10 frames that are $5 and put carebears art in it! We've done that with a couple of Olivers and they get so excited about it. Are you still planning a party for her:? When is the first day of kindy?

Diane@Diane's Place said...

You're on our prayer list in my Sunday School class and I'm still praying as well, Kristen.

Yep, this is going to be a looooong week.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Linda said...

The Lord brought you to mind so often over the weekend. My husband and I are both praying hard. It's always a good thing to focus on the blessings. Those little girls are just precious. Our daughter started "writing" very young too. She's an editor and writer now!!
I'm praying the Lord will just draw you into His great arms of love and fill you with His peace and comfort.

Unknown said...

I'm praying for something big every single day.

Care Bear is a talented little artist.

Carole Burant said...

The power of prayer certainly is an awesome thing:-) I'm so glad you posted, you have the right attitude Kristen...I know you're worried and scared but you have your two little girls to help you through this as well. I so love the little book Care Bear made...whenever she gets published I want my copy signed!! hehe It brought tears to my eyes, picturing Feisty singing to the baby(s), how adorable is that!!! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo

Amy said...

(I left another comment on your original post, but had more to tell you once I read this one!!) I am so thankful that you know the Lord and believe in the power of prayer. Like I said in my last comment, I lost my daughter to a birth defect affecting her head...very different from your babies. We of course prayed for her to be healed and to be able to raise her, but we also knew that might not happen. The main thing I prayed for was for His will to be done (which I know was) but also be able to spend some time with her (dr told us 20 mins max) and for her to have hair and to be able to hear us and know who we were (dr thought was unlikely due to her defect). The Lord answered my prayers. My sweetie lived for almost three days and had hair all over her body (on her head, back, ears, even hind end :)!!) and responded to the sounds of our voices and "talked back" to us. I know that He listened to and answered our prayers, even though we didn't have the outcome we wanted. I will continue to pray for your family. Sorry, this comment is so long...I just wanted to confirm what you were saying in your post about our awesome God.

Nancy said...

I have checked your blog dozens of times in the last few days hoping for an update and praying harder each time there was none. I will continue the prayers but appreciate so much your updating and letting us know that you are trying to go on with life as normal. May God continue to give you the strength and comfort you need and I will continue to do the praying.

I loved the book and yes... publish it, it is surely a winner.

(((((Kristen)))))
(((((Twins)))))

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

I found you via 5minutesformom - and thankful I did...Your in my prayers - that's all I can think to do - cyber hugs just dont seem to be enough but maybe they will help (((HUGS)))

Sherry said...

Hi. Just wanted to let you know I thought of you all weekend.

I recommended my friend from camp to come and see you-she wants to transfer to your school. She said you were very helpful. I came into town with her, but was putting a deposit on a house:). can't wait to visit with you. We'll be there this weekend.

Metals mommy said...

I am keeping you in my prayers...Miracles can happen.. I was diagnosed with ductal breast cancer last fall.. hundreds got down on their knees and prayed for healing for me... I had my surgery and they could not find any cancer. God healed me. He can do the same thing for your babies.

I came across a really good
Trisomy 13 site a few months ago.
Titled Living with Trisomy 13 where there are stories of childrens who do live more than a short time after birth... some that live for years and are great blessings to their families here is the site: http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org/

The other is the story of Baby Eliot Mooney (Trisomy 18) who lived 99 blessed days here on earth with his mom and dad. But lives forever in the hearts of thousands of people who his life has impacted:
http://ninetynineballoons.com/
Their video can be viewed here:
http://www.ignitermedia.com/ (on the left side of the page click on 99 Balloons)
(trisomy 18 support: http://trisomy18support.org/)

I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you, Kristen. I just can't imagine what you are going through right now. I'm sure it is hard to focus on anything else right now. Thank you for sharing so much with us. It will help us in our prayers and support to you. Now go give those 2 precious girls you have some lovin'. :-)

Midlife Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by Kristen! I am keeping you and your family in my prayers and it seems like from what I am reading that there are a lot of us out there doing the same thing! May you feel our heavenly Father's arms around you as you continue with this journey! We all care!! xoxox

Kelli said...

God holds us close, in each of our crisis. We continue to hold you in prayer, and claim that "Our God is bigger than anything the doctors can tell us".

Especially Heather said...

Praying for you and your family.... hold onto hope :)

-H

Chrissy said...

Kristen, I'm here from Kelli's blog (luv that girl!)

{hugs}~~without going into detail, I've 'been there': going home from a shocking 16wk ultrasound to endure 24 hrs until the perinatologist could have a look, waiting for chromosome results, etc. I will be praying for you, the twins and your family.

Our God is an awesome God...Chrissy

Brenda said...

Praying for you and your family.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

We will continue holding you and those babies up in prayer, Kristen. Not only prayers for the health of the babies but for peace and calm in your days ahead to know that the Lord is all-powerful.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

And what a precious book. A treasure to keep forever.

Sherry said...

I love the little book. So cute. I'm sorry I missed you the other day, it would have been fun to see you. We are moving this weekend. Our house is across the street from Irwin-on the other side of Wilson. Look forward to seeing you!!

mamashine said...

Still praying lots- can't wait to hear the next update.

And I love Care Bear's book! :)

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Hopefully, next week will bring better news. :) Praying in earnest for you and your family.

Connie Barris said...

Just wanted you to know I am praying...
your mom stopped by my blog and I found you through that..
I'm glad..
Great encouragement at www.iveysirmans.blogspot.com (friends of mine that can be a bright side to this)

blessings
Connie

Summer Owens said...

While I believe that God can perform miracles, I also know that sometimes he does not (which I hope is not the case for you). But I know that even if a miracle is not performed, he will give you the strength to bear the outcome if you ask Him to.
A good friend of mine found out her child had Trisomy 18 when she was about 5 months along.
She grieved for the loss of her child then, but carried him to term. She held him for a very sweet 1/2 hour after he was born, then he passed away.
But she marveled in the blessing of having that much time with him, instead of focusing on what might have been had he not been afflicted with the disease. Since then she has had three beautiful daughters. They all know their big brother is watching over them from heaven.
You will be okay whatever happens. My prayers are with you.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

What a story!! Care Bear is a budding author for sure - so creative. :)

I am so glad to hear how you are doing and that you are enjoying your kids. You sound like you are doing really well - it is totally ok to have those up and down moments.

I was terrified during my preg with Jackson's because of kidney problems - but he has been totally healthy - and no kidney problems to date. (and he is the tallest five year old you will probably ever meet! LOL)

I have also heard of other moms who had babies with ultrasounds similar to yours and their babies were ok too. So here's hoping and praying...

So glad people stopped by and left you their encouragement and prayers! :)

Lori said...

Been praying for you.

Blessings.

Gran said...

Tell Care Bear that her book is AWESOME. It really should be published. You needed this at the appointed time...and God gave her the inspiration to have you to help her by writing her words.

I found you through Dawn's blog. Please know that you will be in my prayers and thoughts daily. Keep your head up high and look at all of the blessing God gives you each day.
A BIG ((((HUG)))) from me to you!
Angela