May 16, 2007

Celebrity News--American Idol Edition #6


If you have not yet watched the results show from the final 3.....click away now because major spoilers are ahead.

I realize that I have been remiss in delivering celebrity news lately. And for that I apologize. As if you care. ;-) But after watching tonights results, a post immediately started forming in my head and I had to do it right away lest I lose it before tomorrow morning. I work full time now, you know. Not as much time for fun anymore. I digress.....


I GIVE YOU.....
Myspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsGlitter GraphicsMyspace LayoutsGlitter GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace Graphics



Yes, ladies and gentlemen....the pictures you see above you represent the final two of the 6th season of American Idol!! To say that I'm more than a little thrilled that my favorite is in the final two is an understatement. See, what you don't realize is that every single reality show I have ever watched....my favorite has always come in second. Tonight, when they announced Jordin safe first, I knew Blake was done for. I had never doubted for a single, solitary moment that Melinda would be in the finals. I think the whole of America believed that. Which is probably where the problem lies. They thought she was safe.....they didn't vote. The outcome? She's gone. And I am sad about that. I was really looking forward to a Blake/Melinda showdown. I knew that if it came down to those two that Melinda would probably take the crown...and I was OK with that. But now?? Now, I think my favorite may have a real shot at the whole ball of wax. I'm not going to get too excited though. I made that mistake during the Clay/Ruben season....which by the way (for the record), I still believe Clay was robbed....seriously robbed. But I digress again.


I think all of the final four (Lakisha included) deserve big things. I was really torn last week when I saw all of them huddled together before the results were revealed. They are all extremely talented and all deserve the best. I love them all. I have no doubt Melinda will get a record contract probably in the next 30 seconds. She's fabulous and so sweet and humble. She deserves everything she has worked for.


But....Blake's my man. I've said it from day 1. Lucky for AI, he made it to the finals, because I swore that once he was gone (after Gina left), I would quit watching. You all know AI would suffer without my votes (that I just started doing last night.....).


Faithful readers of my blog.....do me a favor. If your not truly invested in either Jordin or Blake....vote for Blake....for me?? Pretty please? Let me just for once have the person I want to win actually win!!


Please....and thank you. And count on a big, and final AI post next week....after the finale.


Until then.....think good thoughts for Blake. There's a poll on the sidebar. Vote. (If you're going to vote for Blake....uh....just kidding.) ;-)

10 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm SOOOOO SAD!! I picked Melinda from day one, and I truly thought she was the one. I just love her. I like Jordin a lot, but now I'm hoping Blake makes it. I think.

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

I'm so torn. Jordin has such an amazing talent for a 17 year old! She is very contemporary...very talented.

Blake....is just so unique. What he lacks in vocals....he makes up for with entertainment value.

What makes an American Idol? Who knows--as Melinda did not make it to the finals. I began to feel that perhaps, her voice was a little to sophisticated for the masses.....she has a more mature voice, if you know what I mean.

She will do just fine though.....and yes, Clay was robbed! But, interestingly enough...he is doing just fine! Seems the free market really determines who the real American Idols truly are.

As for the vote....I will consider your request! At this time, I'm really leaning toward Jordin....as I am always blown away by her ability at such a young age. And I'm pretty certain that Blake will have a music career...as we all want to listen to his energy, his talent, and his unique contributions again and again!

Diane

lifeinsuburbia said...

I was so stinking excited to see Melinda go. You know how she with the no neck bothers me. BUT! After they announced that Jordin was safe, I thought Blake was going to go. And I was almost in tears. GO BLAKE!

Kristen said...

Same here, Brooke. I knew once Jordin was safe that Blake was gone. I was shocked beyond belief. I think I had reverse lock-jaw for about an hour afterwards. I couldn't get my mouth to shut!

mamashine said...

Wow! I haven't watched it yet, so this is a big surprise! I'm pulling for Jordin though. I think Blake is sort of a one-trick pony with the whole beatboxing thing, although I do like his originality.

Rachelle said...

I liked all of the final three, but my favorite is Jordin. I'm hoping she wins.

Barb said...

Actually I liked Chris Bligh from day one. After that, I think I assumed Melinda would win but my new favorite became Blake. He so reminds me of Sting.

I wanted Jordin and Blake to be the final two. I know Melinda deserved it but she's probably already been signed by a big record company, she's so good. Had she gone to the final two, it would have been a no brainer and totally boring.

So I like these two in the finals. Jordin is great but she's not unique. Blake is unique. I'm rooting for him.

someone else said...

I was so stunned I almost fell out of the chair. I was very close to needing resusitation! I've lost interest in who wins at this point, but I'll watch just to say I did.

Carole Burant said...

I feel so lost...I don't watch American Idol so I have no idea who is who! lol All I can say is that I hope ;your favourite wins, Kristen, I really do:-) xox

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I think it's adorable how passionate you are about Idol & Blake! I predicted Melinda to go home... she just wasn't THE American Idol!

Steph

P.S.
Be sure to enter my really awesome giveaway going on from Mason & Matisse- you could win $120 in Skip Hop gear!