May 24, 2007

Massive Amounts of Randomness

I simply can not focus on one topic today. I have had so many things rambling around in my head over the past couple of weeks to write about so I just need to get them out. So, bear with me today.
************************
Thanks, first of all, for all off the nice comments you guys had on my new 'do. I really like it, although it does require more maintenance. Bad hair days can no longer be solved by just throwing it up in a pony tail and calling it good. I actually have to use product. People....do you have any earthly clue how long it has been since I have used any type of product in my hair?? I can't remember the last time I purchased gel, mousse, hair spray or the like. This hairstyle requires the use of any or all of the above. And I don't own any. So I have had the pleasure of using hubby's rock solid gel and hairspray over the past few days. (Yes, my husband is high maintenance as far as his hair goes....). Oh, and a hair dryer. I have to use a hair dryer. I don't know how old my hair dryers are, but when the smell emitted from my hair dryer causes me to fear for my health, I should probably think about investing in a new one. Ya think?
*************************
Week two of my new full time schedule is coming to an end. The adjustment from working 20 hours a week to 40 hours hasn't been as difficult as I envisioned. I miss my children terribly in the mornings when I would normally be at home with them, but we're all surviving. And the paycheck at the end of the month will help ease the pain a little. I talk to my kids multiple times a day on the phone and hearing their sweet little voices over the phone cheers me up. I have quite a bit of annual leave built up so I do intend on taking some days off this summer to take them to the pool, the park, or whatever their little hearts desire. I just play with them a lot more in the evenings now.
***************************
Care Bear's last day of pre-school is today. The other day in the mail I received something from the Elementary school. Usually when we get something from them it is regarding Anakin. This time is said "To the parents of: Care Bear P". What?! She really is going to kindergarten in August. Where is my baby? She's not anymore. I have determined, however, that within mere days of her kindergarten teacher witnessing Care Bear's brilliance that she will be bumped up to fourth grade along side her brother. Every day she does or says something to convince me of this and last night was no different. Witness this conversation:

Care Bear: "Mommy? How many days are left in May?"
Me: "There are eight days left." (Now, keep in mind, she didn't ask what
the date was, just how many days were left in May)
Care Bear: (with no hesitation whatsoever) "That means that four days ago
it was the 19th."

What?!?!?! People...that's like basic algebra. She's four. She freaks me out. Now I'm being an obnoxious mother and I will stop. I can't help it if my child is a genius.
**********************************
American Idol. Jordin won. I knew she would. That's OK. Blake will get a record deal, too. Loved Gwen. She rocks. Her new song is awesome! (Playing in my sidebar). The other guest singers I could have done without. Where was Fantasia? Kelly, Ruben, Carrie and Taylor were all there. The silly crying girl made a goof of herself again when Sanjaya sang. Her fifteen minutes will soon end. That's all I have to say about last night. Pretty predictable. A little boring. I thought Melinda getting to sing with BeBe and CeCe Winans was pretty awesome, though.
**********************************
I really need the next Harry Potter book to come out. Like now. I think I'm going to re-read The Order of The Phoenix before the movie comes out. Just for something to do.
**********************************
And now, since I am supposed to be working, I suppose I'll go ahead and do something about it. I know I had other random tidbits but they are escaping me right now. I haven't had enough caffeine yet. Have a Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Fun randomness. That Care Bear! What a kid - love the thought of her being promoted to 4th grade with her brother.

Dawn said...

I'm back. Wow! The words to that song are really something - wonder if they're autobiographical. Hope not, with the new baby and all. I couldn't catch the words last night - I have a hard time understanding words when the singer is swallowing the mike. I always envision her bright red lipstick all over that mike. Yuck!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I do random posts more than any other kind. :-)

I still need to read Order of the Phoenix. I'll have to ask my sister Ducky if she has it.

My hair has a mind of its own, too. I'm still trying to train mine to lay down. Half the time it's standing up on one side waving at the other.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Love and hugs,

Diane

mamashine said...

Fantasia is starring on Broadway right now and couldn't make it, or so I heard.
About those lyrics, I do hope they're not directed to the baby, because that would be clinging a little too tight. :) But I read an interview where she said she was always insecure about her relationship with Gavin because other women would give him their phone number right in front of her and tell him he could do better. Rude, huh?

Kristen said...

Kelli,
I'm hoping that the lyrics are just hypothetical and have nothing to do with her real life.

That is really rude. Considering Gwen is one of the cutest most talented ladies around, I think he done pretty good! ;-)

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like everything is going well in your little corner of the world:-) Glad to hear that the 40 hour work weeks are going good too! The only part of my hair that needs gel are my bangs...darn things curl like crazy if I don't straighten them with a ton of gel! lol Care Bear certainly is a little Einstein...wow!! xox

Rita Loca said...

I always read your mother's blog so I occasionally stop in here. Your 4 year old is amazing!!

Unknown said...

I'm anxious for the last Harry Potter book to come out, too. It will be a sad day though when I finish it. What will we do without a Potter book to look forward to???