May 14, 2007

Feisty's Birthday

Well, what a weekend. As you know, Feisty's 3rd Birthday was on Saturday. The big three. Numero tres. However, since for the past few months she has already been saying she is three, she started off the day convinced that she was four. I finally convinced her otherwise and she finally started telling people the truth of her age. I told her that in about 20 years, she won't be wanting to go forward in age, she'll want to be going backwards. She got a wierd look on her face when I told her that and went on with her three year old business.

I started out the day by making all the kids a breakfast of pancakes and cinnamon rolls. There was shopping to do, cakes to pick up, baths to give, and the regular household duties that somehow always get put on the back burner because of something else of more importance happening (like say, reading a Harry Potter book.....or a birthday party, or such....)

She had been fighting a little cold all week. Mainly just a runny nose, but she hasn't quite been her typical "feisty" self. But by the big day, she was really feeling run down. Being who she is, though, she refused to admit it. After all, it was 85 degrees outside, the whole neighborhood was outside and there was no way in the world she was going to sit inside and be left out of the fun. I tried to hold her down; tried to use the logic that if she rests now she'll feel better for her big party. That logic failed to pass with her. She lives in the here and now, and the here and now included lots of fun in the front yard with water, friends and bathing suits:

playing with water 1

playing with water 2

"Hold on a second now....I need to wipe my nose with my ridiculously long tongue..."

birthday girl licking her runny nose

"See, Mommy?!?! I'm not sick!!"

happy bathing birthday beauty

Feisty did retreat inside for a little while; meanwhile Care Bear continued being the ring leader for all of the fun....

the arc of water

avoiding the arc of water

As the day wore on, Feisty seemed to get more tired and it looked like she just didn't feel well at all. My Mom and I both tried to convince her to hold off on her party until early this week so that she would be able to enjoy it more, but she would hear nothing of it. All attempts at getting her to slow down and rest were for naught. I did manage to get her to get in the bath and get cleaned up so that she didn't look like a greasy rugrat at her party. I also even managed to get Care Bear to get in the bath and let me wash her hair. Despite the fact that my girls love to dress up lately in the frilliest dresses they own, at the same time they have a great aversion to having their hair or faces washed......the two don't add up. But I insisted. Here they are with Blondie 2 right after the bath, but pre-hair styling.

the three musketeers

Both of the "blondies" detest wearing dresses and love playing with bugs. They both informed my girls when getting ready in their dresses that they looked like they were going to be in a wedding. Hey....if my girls want to look like they belong in a wedding every day of their lives, that's fine by me. I'm not sure what I would do with a tomboy. Seeing's how I hate and fear most living creatures that have more than four legs.

AND PRESENTING.....THE BEAUTIFUL BIRTHDAY GIRL....

the beautiful birthday girl

(She was looking down because the sun was in her eyes. Notice the pretty purple flowers right behind her. That bush looks so massive with her standing next to it!!)

You would think by what they chose to wear that we were heading to the White House for her party or something. But we weren't. Just heading to about the germiest place in the world. The almighty Chuck E. Cheese's. Didn't matter, though. That's what they wanted to wear, so wear them they did.

Feisty perked up considerably once we arrived at Mr. Cheese's place. The first order of business on Ms. Feisty's agenda was not to eat or to play, but to open presents. She got quite a bit of assistance and looks of envy from her big sister....and I daresay she got quite spoiled. There are only a few pics here of her opening her presents:

opening presents 1

opening presents 2

opening presents 3

opening presents 4

opening presents 5

Following the opening of presents and approximately one and a half bites of pizza she proceeded to party hard for two more hours. She was beat by the time we got home and for punishment for me not just stepping up and saying, "We're postponing the party", I got four hours of sleep. Mother's Day was not much of a treat. But I'll discuss that later. I need some more pictures for that one.
She had a great birthday, though and got treated like the princess she is. Feisty would like to thank everyone who wished her a happy birthday. She sends her regards. :-)

10 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Sounds like she had a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday Feisty!

Dawn said...

You can see how rosy her little cheeks are. I'm so glad she went to the doctor and got some meds! Poor little sweetie.

Unknown said...

What a fun day! Happy Birthday again, Sweetie!

Carole Burant said...

What a little doll! I'm so glad she was able to enjoy her birthday party even though she wasn't feeling well...kids sure can be resilient when they want to be! lol Loved all the pictures!! Makes me miss the birthday parties I use to have for my boys when they were little:-) xox

someone else said...

Adorable pictures! I agree -- wear pretty dresses all you want to, little girl. They look so sweet.

Sherry said...

How cute! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Lei said...

what a little party animal! lol!

bless her little heart, though. I hope she's beginning to feel better and YOU are beginning to catch up on your sleep.

Lei said...

oops - forgot to add that i tagged you for a meme!

Unknown said...

It looks like Feisty was able to enjoy her special day even though she wasn't feeling well. Eleanor's birthday is today and I postponed our playdate with her friends because we all have colds :-(

Gina said...

What a fun day! That is funny the blondies don't like dresses...

Happy Birthday little sweetie!