May 4, 2007

New Job Update....

I spoke to the "head honcho" in my area this morning while I was still at home. As it turns out, there are now technically two full time positions available in the office. Recently our office underwent a major overhaul by splitting into two different buildings on campus. The new building that a portion of our office is occupying is now known as the "Admissions Welcome Center". This is where tours and counseling, etc...take place. The remainder of the staff stayed where I am right now. Last week, our front desk person resigned her position. They decided to do a little "shifting" of duties. This summer, they were going to have students staffing the front desk over at the Welcome Center and send back over the counselor they stole from us who has been filling that spot for the last two months (leaving us over here seriously under-staffed). However, they have now decided (since our front desk person resigned) to have students staff the front desk over here and open a full time position over at the Welcome Center. That is the position that I was under the impression that I would be taking when I decided to go full-time. However, another person in our office (a fairly new counselor of only three months) expressed an interest in that position; which leaves her full time position over here open. (Are you following all of this??!!) It has been decided that she will go over there and I will get to keep my current position but in a full time capacity. Which is wonderful, in my opinion. I don't have to switch buildings, learn a new job, leave my co-worker/best friend whom I have worked with for ten years.....it's all coming together for the best.

Oh!! AND, AND.....my new work space is going to be about twice the size my current one is....and I get a (drumroll please....) WINDOW!!! Oh, yeah....I'm movin' on up. Next, I'm going to demand a promotion and raise....

And it's a done deal. My director came over this afternoon and made me sign a contract. There's no turning back now. My official full-time duties commence Monday May 14. Which gives me one more full week of half time to squeeze as much love, fun, kisses and hugs with my babies. And one more Bible Study. I won't get to go to my young mom's Bible Study anymore. *sigh*. You do what ya gotta do....

Oh, and by the way....the song I have currently playing here is "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani featuring Akon. I'm playing it in honor of my darling baby girls who squeal with delight whenever they hear it come on. They call it "the funny song" and dance around like maniacs when it's on. My Mom told me that when they were in Wal-Mart the other day, my girls saw it come on the TV in the music area of the store and Feisty looked up at the TV and said, "That's Gwen Stefani!" Cracked.Me.Up!!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

So where is your new area with the WINDOW??

someone else said...

WooHooo!!! Double WooHooooooo!!!

Carole Burant said...

Oh Kristen, such WONDERFUL news!! I'm soooo happy for you:-) It does sound like you'll be very happy taking over that job full time and what an added bonus to have a window in your new work space! lol You go girl!!! xox

Anonymous said...

My girls walk around all day after hearing that song singing "Woohhoo! Weeehooo!" over and over.

Linda said...

Wow Kristen - a window and everything. You really are moving up kiddo. I'm so glad this has all worked out for you. Enjoy these next few days with your little ones and then much blessing as you begin this new schedule.

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

What wonderful news! This time, you are being moved...on up!

So happy for you!

Diane

mamashine said...

I didn't know you have music on your site! It said I was missing a plug-in but I didn't know what it was supposed to do.
That song is so addictive. It's the song on my myspace page right now. And I can't believe I'm admitting I have one. :)
Congrats on the job!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

Sherry said...

I love Gwen Stefani. really I do. She's just cool. I'd buy the cd if luke would let me...then again he's out of town for a few weeks:). Congrats on the job. That is so exciting!

Barb said...

Congratulations on getting a window -- what a difference that makes! Congratulations on not having to move and learn a new job, too. Sounds like everything worked out really well for you.

Unknown said...

I'm glad things are working out for you at work :-)
Your girls are too cute!

Lei said...

I've got Sweet Escape playing over on my playlist too... it makes. me. move.

:)