May 11, 2007

Happy Birthday My Sweet Feisty Girl!

Dear Feisty,

I am writing you this Happy Birthday letter a day early because I don't know if I'll be able to get a chance tomorrow what with all of the partying we'll be doing for your big day!

Three years ago, right around this time of the day, I remember I was taking your big brother and sister through the drive through at McDonald's for some dinner. Your daddy wasn't home yet and I was hot and tired and not feeling so good. I had gone on maternity leave two days before and your due date was approaching the next day. Your sister had been three weeks early, so even though you weren't overdue, I felt like you were seriously late since Care Bear was born so early.

I went to bed that night. I had put Care Bear in our room in the basinette that we had set up for you. She was feeling a little insecure for some reason....I think it was sisterly intuition. I woke up at 3 in the morning with a great jolt and the realization that I was either peeing the bed, or my water had broken. I was hoping for the latter, because well......who wants to admit at age 29 that I had lost control of my bladder?!?! I woke up your daddy and told him I thought my water had broken. I called the doctor and told him what happened and he told me I needed to get to the hospital right away. I called your Grandma Dawn and told her that she needed to get to our house right away to take care of your brother and sister while Daddy and I went to the hospital. It took them quite awhile to get to our house and I was starting to get worried because I was afraid that I wouldn't get to the hospital in time to get an epidural, and the contractions were starting.

They finally arrived and we headed for the hospital. Most of the rest of the morning is a blur before you were born. The atmosphere in the hospital when you were born was much different than when Care Bear was born. There were so many people around when she was born and it was late in the afternoon, but with you, it was early morning, people hadn't had a chance to get up to the hospital yet and it was much quieter and more peaceful. When I received my epidural for you, it went much more smoothly than when I got it for Care Bear. This time, the doctor got the right spot and didn't cause blood to shoot out of my back, so that was good.

The doctor finally arrived and after what seemed like no time at all, you were born. At 9:27 a.m. A beautiful little 6 lb 6 oz little baby girl. You were crying, as all babies do, and I remember holding you for the first time rubbing your little head and whispering, "It's OK baby. It's OK. Mama's here."

The whole time I was pregnant with you, I remember feeling like I didn't know how it was possible that I was going to be able to love another child as much as I love your sister. But all of those doubts washed away the second I held you in my arms that first time.

You were such a beautiful little baby girl and although you had a rough couple of first months with having colic, you quickly grew into being the most mellow, sweet and thoughtful little girl. I remember mistakenly telling several people that you were going to be my "easy child". I laugh at that notion now because you truly live up to your blog moniker. You have grown into a strong willed little girl who knows what she wants and holds her own with her older and stronger siblings. And every other kid you come in contact with, for that matter.

You are so smart and the things that you say and do everyday continue to amaze me. You have such a bright future ahead of you.

I adore you and everything you are. You are my little angel, my helper girl, my sweet sympathetic child, and an amazing little girl! I don't know what my life would have been like had you not come into it!

I can not believe you are already three. It is impossible to believe. I hope you always maintain that strong personality of yours as you get older and stay true to yourself and who you are! You will go so far!

Always know that your mama loves you so much and I always, always will! I am so proud of you, my love!!

Love forever and always,
Your Mommy!!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Let me be the first to wish sweet little Feisty a huge Happy Birthday. How fun Kristen. You get to celebrate her birthday one day and Mothers' Day the next. Have a wonderful weekend. Your tribute to your little one is just beautiful. She will treasure it some day.

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday, Feisty little rascal! You are so precious to me. You are such a good sister, and such a helper, and such a beautiful little sweetheart. I was shocked that you were on your way, but what would we do without you??

Sherry said...

You may not remember this, but I remember eating spaghetti at Luke's parents a couple of days before she was born, I remember thinking how cute you were pregnant and how exciting it would be to see her and someday have one of our own. She's such a doll. Happy Birthday Miss Feisty!

C. H. Green said...

I loved reading about this special day. Happy b-day Feisty!

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday Feisty:-) This is such a beautiful and heartfelt post to your daughter, she truly is very well loved! Looking forward to hearing how her day went and make sure you take lots of pictures:-) Happy Mother's Day dear Kristen! xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Feisty! It's always fun to have a birthday during the weekend :-) Eat some cake for me too!

Unknown said...

I love that story! What a wonderful photo. Happy Birthday Sweetie Girl!

Diane Viere said...

"It's O.K. baby, Momma's here."

You captured it perfectly! Never are there more sweet and from the core of our heart words spoken!

Happy Birthday Feisty...and enjoy Kristen!
Diane

Barb said...

I'm sorry I wasn't here on the day but a belated happy birthday, Feisty. What a cutie pie!