May 3, 2007

Major Life Change Ahead!

Last week my supervisor offered me a full time position in my office that just became available. I have been obsessed over the past week of nothing more than the decision that I had to make as to whether or not I should take the job. There are serious pros and cons to taking the job, but the pros won and I have accepted the job. I am not sure when it starts; I believe mid-week next week.

I am heartbroken over the fact that I will not be able to be with my girls as much anymore; but I am thankful for the four years that I have had the opportunity to work part time and be with them. Care Bear starts kindergarten next year; Feisty will hopefully be going to pre-school, so I'm trying to make myself feel better by knowing that they will be doing other things other than missing mommy while I am at work. And they will still have grandma in the afternoon.

Please pray for me as I start this new chapter in my life; that I will have peace with my decision; that my children won't resent me from being away from them more than I ever have been and that I will adjust well to working 40 hours a week again. It'll be a difficult adjustment, but one that is necessary for me and my family right now.

Thanks!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is fantastic!

Connie said...

Praying for you and your family, I know it's not an easy decision to make.

Barb said...

Children are so adaptable, Kristen, they'll get right into the new routine. I worked full time for 32 years and my girls just accepted it as the way our life was.

It's not the quantity of time you spend with your children. It's the quality of that time. Sounds very cliche, I know, but trust me, it's true.

By the way, congratulations. I know this is very needed right now.

Sherry said...

Congrats! That sounds exciting.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Barb. Children are very adaptable. What really counts is the time you spend with them. Not the time you don't. You have to do what is best for your family. I am so very excited for you!!!

someone else said...

Congrats from me too!

I've always believed that my children benefited from the other people in their lives. They will pick up on your attitude about it, and if you view it as an exciting new adventure, they will too. At first it may be scarey for them, but it won't stunt their growth and they'll learn so much about being adaptable.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

You have laid a foundation for them. Hopefully your job will be flexible enough for you to leave if need be. That will make the difference. Our son thrived by being around more people. We also had my mother close by.