May 18, 2007

Chop Job!

Almost a year ago, I was debating whether or not I should cut my hair. I asked for opinions, and they were split about down the middle. In the long run, I ended up keeping my hair long. And then shortly after Christmas, I discussed the fact that my mom had gotten me a gift card for Christmas to get my hair cut. At which time I still refused to do much to it other than get bangs. Big mistake. The bangs drive me crazy.

Well, not it's almost summer. The bangs are growing to a point where there isn't a whole lot I can do with my hair at all. Every day I end up putting in a tight pony tail and putting the bangs back in a barrette. It's getting to be rather a boring look. I decided, "Today is the day." I tend to be spur of the moment sometimes on those types of things and once I decide to do it, I just have to do it right then and there.


The amount cut? 10 inches. I wasn't planning on going quite so short, but the hairstylist told me that if I went just another inch, I could donate my hair to "Love Locks". So I did it. For a worthy cause.

Hair Cut--$20
Inches lost--10
Donating my hair to someone who needs it more than I do--Priceless!


Debuting the new look:
Before:


After:

So, what do you think? And be honest. Don't be nice just to spare my feelings. ;-)

22 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh awesome!! So wonderful you could donate to Locks of Love, too. I cut off all mine about a year ago and have just kept going shorter... I LOVE IT!

Steph

lifeinsuburbia said...

Ok. your hair looks AWESOME!! Seriously. Looks GREAT!

mamashine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Are you happy with it now? YOu didn't really say.

I did that to mine about three years ago and just kept cutting. It gets shorter every time I go to the salon now. My husband asked if I was going to come home with a buzz cut next. It's just so much easier!

Dawn said...

You know I LOVE IT!

Carole Burant said...

Want my honest opinion?? I LOVE IT!! Oh Kristen, you wouldn't believe how much it suits you and completely re-energizes your beautiful face!! I also love it that you donated your hair to "Love Locks"...you look simply beautiful! xox

Unknown said...

It's really, really fantastic. What a fresh look for summer!

The little bitty girl is pretty cute too!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I like both styles on you, to be honest. But, having just cut about 14 inches off my hair, I know just how much cooler, easier to care for, faster to wash and dry, style, etc. it's going to be for you.

I think you're really going to love it after you get used to it, Kristen.

Have a great weekend!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Unknown said...

I think you look great! Perfect Summer cut. I think it's great that you were able to donate to Locks of Love :-)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You look great! What a flattering haircut! I love it!!!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I think the new look is fresh and sassy. Congratulations on your donation and on the springy, youthful look. Enjoy!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful.

Tammy said...

Kristen, it is SO CUTE! Honestly, I love it- you totally made the right choice, and to know that it helped Locks of Love- well, absolutely perfect! :D
That last picture of you and your little girl is simply adorable!

Alida Sharp said...

It looks great!

Sherry said...

Super cute! I love it. That's a cute picture of you with the girly.

Judy said...

Delurking here.

If I ever cut my hair, it will be to donate to Locks of Love as well. I showed the two pictures to my husband and we agree. The short look REALLY good on you! You done good, girl!

Back to lurking mode :-)

someone else said...

Adorable!!! Completely perfect. You look younger, too. I love it!!

Trisha said...

May I join the masses in saying that the new cute is great? It really does suit you. Think that you will keep it short?

Diane Viere said...

How adorable!

And what a great thing to do....Locks of Love.

You look so young!

Diane

Barb said...

You know what? I can't even begin to tell you how much better I like your new style. It takes YEARS off you and is adorable. It's perfect for you. And how nice that you had enough cut off to donate it to such a worthy cause as Love Locks.

I love, love the new look. And I'm not just being nice. :-)

Monkey Giggles said...

Looks great to me. You must feel 10 lbs. lighter. My daughter is letting her hair grow for Locks of Love. Her hair grows soooo slow...It might take her another 5 years. But she is willing to wait and do it. It is a priceless gift to give. Thanks for sharing.

Mall Worker said...

It looks great! Short hair suits you well! I recently did the same thing :)

Pam said...

Absolutely LOVE it!!!! There's just something so nice about a short cut just in time for summer. You look great!!!!!!