May 25, 2007

Seven Strange Things About Me Meme

Do you have any idea how long it has been since I have done a meme? I don't even know if I remember how to do a meme. I have been tagged for a few in the past few months, but kept forgetting to do them. But for this one, I've been tagged twice. Once by Lei (quite awhile ago actually) and then again this week by Sherry. Everyone is on the bandwagon for this one, so I'll go ahead and do it.


Seven Strange Things About Me!

1. I'm a girl. No....that is not the strange thing. But I am girl who does not like to shop. I know. Close those jaws. Maybe it's not that I don't like to shop.....I just never have the money to enjoy shopping and I'm not one of those who likes to wander through the mall looking at things that I wish I could afford. Call me crazy.

2. I'm a girl. I'm a very low maintenance girl. I have my ears pierces, but rarely wear earrings (that could possibly be because I consistently lose my earrings). I rarely wear necklaces. I don't own a watch. Never wear rings....a majority of the time I don't even wear my wedding ring. I don't polish my nails. I don't wear toe rings. I wear make up, though. If I have the time.

3. I have a wierd issue with losing socks. Half the time, if I know that it's not a possibility that people will be seeing my socks, I will just grab two socks whether they match or not and put them on. Hey.....if no one can see them......

4. I'm a girl. I'm a girl who is not a fan of the "chick flicks". Give me an action/adventure; horror; drama; suspense movie anytime. Rarely will you see me spending money on a comedy or a chick flick. Unless it's a movie I'm buying for my kids.

5. I'm a girl. I'm a girl who hates to talk on the phone. I avoid it at all costs. I spend eight hours a day at work talking on the phone, but even before I had this job I didn't really like it. I did when I was in high school, but somehow that whole thing changed after I graduated. I don't know why.

6. I have never in my life mowed a lawn. Never my parents, and never my own. I think I should probably learn. I'm allergic to grass, though, so it could be a miserable experience for me.

7. This might not be considered wierd, but I'm stretching here to think of any more. I hate seafood. Anything that comes from the water and lands on a plate will not enter this mouth. Ever. Never not in a million years. I think I'd rather starve.

And that's it. My first meme in months. I haven't seen a single person out there who has not done this meme, so I'm not even going to try to tag anyone. But if you haven't done it, consider yourself tagged and let me know you did it so I can go read yours! Happy Friday and happy long weekend! (If you get one!)


12 comments:

Dawn said...

Good one! You are kind of wierd, or weird (whichever way you choose to spell it on any given day - I think it's supposed to be weird!)

Nancy said...

WOW, Kristen we are just too much alike,I hate shopping,I hate talking on the phone,I am VERY, VERY, VERY, low maintenance, and I am alergic to grass and shellfish. I love learning new stuff about people so thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Dang I love this meme! I just found this link on Adventures in Babysitting for Jewlery. I am totally with you on the shopping thing!

http://cheekyjewelry.com/specials.php

Lei said...

You're so funny! Thanks for playing. :)

someone else said...

# 1 -- that's me, too. I shop when I have to, but I don't like just wandering around looking for something to spend money on.

Carole Burant said...

WOW are you ever weird!!! hehe Just teasing! Loved learning these things about you and I'm very much like you when it comes to not caring for "chick" flicks, buying clothes and wearing jewellery!! Oh great, now I'm weird too eh? lol xoxo

Ashley said...

thanks for not forgetting me in my 2 month blogging absence! your blog looks so good...when can we schedule a time to redo mine? maybe i'd have motivation if i knew it was pretty :)

aren't the harry potter books awesome? i love them all. i re-read through all of them when i was pregnant which also happened to be when the last book came out...i think. i'm very excited about the new book but a little sad that i won't get to sit down and read the whole thing in one day. welcome to motherhood :)

i also am not a shopper or a girly girl. i do wear toe rings b/c i love my feet and it draws attention to them but i don't get fake nails, i have a hard time wearing makeup on a regular basis, my hair stays on top of my head, and i don't like the phone.

Tarasview said...

I just wanted to tell you I enjoyed reading your blog today. And I can't wait for the new Harry Potter book either. I'm re-reading the whole series in anticipation.

Tammy said...

OK...a few of them I could so relate to...a few other, not at all! :)

The ones we have in common are #2 and #3...am forever losing my matching socks and rarely sport manicures or earrings.
But hey...love chick flicks!

Have a good Memorial Day and a great week, Kristen! :)

Unknown said...

We have some things in common here. I too do not like to shop. I don't like to window shop and if I have money, I go into a store buy what I need and leave. My husband likes to shop more than me!
I too am low maintenance. I hadn't worn earrings in years until Zoe got her ears pierced and I tried on a pair of her earrings. Now I wear the same pair everyday. No jewelry except 2 rings, no makeup, no nail polish.
I hate to talk on the phone too! I'm an e-mail girl.

I do like chick flicks, I don't lose my socks (only my kids' socks!), I have mowed a lawn, but it has been a long time (I think you should forget about lawn mowing if you are allergic to grass), and I LOVE seafood!

Have a nice Memorial Day.

Barb said...

I don't think you're weird, Krisin. I hate to shop with a vengeance and I'm about as low maintenance as you can get.

Didn't use to be but boy, I am now.

OK. The seafood thing is a little weird. But you're not alone. There are lots of people who don't like seafood.

Hard for me to imagine but my own Krissy isn't real fond of seafood either.

You're right. I don't remember the last time you did a meme. But I'm glad you did this one.

ashli said...

I don't enjoy shoping that much either! Just get what I need and get out! Well most of time anyways, except maybe at Target! I love that place! I LOVE to mow though, and that's weird!