Apr 5, 2007

Celebrity News by Kristen--American Idol Edition #4

Volume 1: Issue 8
Doing My Part to Keep Bloggy World Informed

**Disclaimer: I have nothing personally against any celebrities named in "Celebrity News by Kristen". It is only for fun and only opinions. Please do not sue me. And please feel free to express your own opinions....even if you don't agree with mine!**

******************************************

It's official. This season bites the big one. I'm thisclose to tuning out for the remainder of the season....and believe me.....I will do just that if Haley and Sanjaya end up being the final two. What kind of finale would that be?!?!

So Gina is gone. It's no secret that I was champion-ing for her. I liked her spunk and her "different-ness". Some people may have not liked the rocker chick persona, but the past two weeks, she proved that she can actually sing--and sing well. True, maybe she wasn't the power-houses that Lakisha, Melinda and Jordin are, and I had no inclincation that she would win or even get to the top four, but she under no uncertain terms deserved to be there longer than Sanjaya and Haley. I guess America just likes the same ole same ole. And Haley's legs. And that's America's prerogative. But it's my prerogative to be highly irritated and annoyed that I get to witness yet another week of ridiculous Sanjaya hair. I guess people thought it was cute that he went out there and danced with Paula. Or maybe they didn't feel like insulting Tony Bennett by voting him out after Mr. Bennett had such nice things to say about Sanjaya. Who knows. I'm through trying to figure out the appeal of peacock boy. ------>>

I thought all of the contestants did pretty well this week (minus twinkle toes) and I had no doubt that Sanjaya would be safe this week. But I was shocked that first off Gina was in the bottom three, further shocked that she wasn't the one to go back to safety, and downright p'od that she was the one to go home. I just had to quit watching right then and there. I couldn't stand to watch her sad video with that tear-jerking Daughtry song playing in the background. I did happen to see a glance of her crying while watching it and I had to leave the room.

Tell ya what....when Blake goes, that's when I'm done. And I won't be kidding then.

If it's any consolation, Gina, I liked you. And I voted for you. And I'll miss you.

There's a poll on the sidebar. Vote. If you want.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

So that's Chris singing when they go home this year??

Anonymous said...

I think this seasons votes can be attributed to Howard Stern and votefortheworst.com... I love it!

We haven't watched a single episode since it is so glaringly scripted. But, this is all fun news nonetheless. Fox has to be eating this up! idol was on NBC national news last evening.

So, my prediction is that some 'thing' will 'surface' to get the news going about it again next season before the show actually starts Like Paula is really a boy, or perhaps Simon and the big black guy had a sexual moment? I hope to be proved a raging idiot :)

Carole Burant said...

Since I don't watch American Idol, I have no idea who anyone is...that guy's hair is something else though! lol I'm sorry to hear one of your favourites was voted off...that really bites big time! xoxo

mamashine said...

I was totally ticked that Gina left as well. I liked her a lot.

I downloaded that Daughty song from itunes. It's good.