Apr 23, 2007

Perhaps My "Addiction" Has Gotten Out Of Hand

Perhaps it's gone into a full-blown obsession. Yes, I am referring to Harry Potter who has caused my housework to go seriously neglected over the past few weeks. Who has caused me to not touch my computer in days, except when I'm at work. Who has caused my husband to ask, "Whatever happened to your blog? I never see you doing anything with that anymore." Who has actually made me leave days worth of my taped soap opera laying around untouched. Who has caused me to go to bed way too late on way too many occasions. And who has made my children say things such as:

Care Bear: "Mommy. Why do you always bring that book with you everywhere you go??"

Feisty: "Mommy. Don't worry! I found your Harry Potter book."

Care Bear: "MOMMY! I think I just saw a Harry Potter movie on TV! Aren't you going to watch it??"

Anakin: (In a slightly worried tone) "Kristen! You're already that far?! You've caught up with me!!"

Yes, it's true. I'm halfway through year 5: "Order of the Phoenix" and am getting a little worried as to what I'm going to do with myself when I finish number six, which will probably be by the end of the week. Maybe some laundry will get done. Or some vacuuming. Or maybe I'll have something else to write about on this blasted blog of mine besides Harry Potter.

I have to say that J.K. Rowling has got to be one of the most imaginative, talented, able to weave a story writers that I have ever read. Everytime I think I have something figured out in one of these books, she never fails to surprise me. I heart these books. HEART THEM. Thanks to those people out there who pushed me to give them a try. Sooooo worth my time!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah. It's been awhile since a good book has hooked me like that. I'm looking forward to book 7.

Linda said...

I keep thinking one of these days I'll read one of her books - just to see what all the fuss is about. You make them sound very intriquing. My daughter works with a gal who orders the latest book way ahead of time and then takes a couple of days off of work to just stay home and read. That's an addicition!!
Hope all is well Kristen.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love Harry, too! I'm now waiting on #7 to come out. :-)

Gina said...

Well if you think Harry Potter books are hard to put down, then don't start the Stephanie Meyer's series. Her first book Twilight was a 500 pager and I stayed up half the night a few nights in a row to finish it. I am into the second one now and the third doesn't come out until August... that is a long time away. At least with the Potter books you can read all of them without waiting. YAY for not waiting!

Rachel said...

i don't really know what i'm going to do when the last book is all read up. i'm going to miss that world sorely. i love it so.