Apr 19, 2007

Celebrity News by Kristen--American Idol Edition #5

Volume 1: American Idol Issue 5
Doing My Part to Keep Bloggy World Informed


**Disclaimer: I have nothing personally against any celebrities mentioned in CNbyK. It is only opinions and only for fun. Please do not sue me. Please feel free to speak your own opinions, even if they aren't the same as mine.**

Ding Dong The Doof is Gone!!


Myspace CodesMyspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Codes, Myspace Graphics
Like I say in my disclaimer....I have nothing personally against the guy. I actually think he's kind of cute in a goofy sort of way, and I think there is some level of talent there. But for the love of all that is fair and decent in this competition.....what took this country so long to get this guy outta here?!?! I mean COME ON!! We had to sacrifice the likes of Brandon, Stephanie, Gina, and Chris Sligh and be subjected to ridiculous hair-dos every week, all because, um....he was "Vote For The Worst.com"s pick? Because he has a nice smile? Because we wanted to see how far we could take the worst of the top 12?! Whatever the reason, justice has finally arrived this season and I can recover from the heart attack I almost suffered from Blake being in the bottom three!! What the??????

I really didn't think this week was great. I don't think country music really suits any of this years contestants. And I'm sorry, Chris R., but I just about spit out my Diet Dr. Pepper when I heard you arguing with Simon that "nasally is a form of singing." ROFL!!! Wow! Thanks for the laugh. Yes, typically country singers tend to be a bit more nasally, but I don't think that they are purposely setting out to be nasally. That's just how they sing. Here's an idea Chris. How about you just sing with your real voice and adapt to the genre of the week instead of trying to be Mr. Chameleon and changing your color every week and trying to be someone you really aren't?! Does your idol, the GREAT JUSTIN TIMBERL@KE change himself with every song he sings?? Anyway.....that was a good laugh.

I've finally narrowed down my choice for the top two. And like it's any big surprise, my thoughts are that the final three will come down to Melinda, Jordin and Blake with the final two being Melinda and Blake. I don't even dare try to pick a winner because my choice always comes in second place. Therefore I refuse to jinx the one I want to win by picking a winner. Is that superstitious or what?! But my track record speaks for itself.

There are two radio DJs in Denver who are very grateful for Sanjaya's demise. And the reason for that? After last week's show, the DJs climbed onto the top of Six Flag's Elitch Garden's tower and vowed to stay there until Sanjaya was voted off. They lived there for a week, and lucky for them, Sanjaya's luck finally ran out. Here's a news clip about it if you're interested. Good thing for them because it's really chilly and windy around here today. I'd hate to be at the top of that tower right now!!

Now who do I want to go? No one, really. I like the remaining six. My campaign for Sanjaya's exit is over. I don't know what to do with myself. If I were to have to pick out of the final six who I want to go next....purely based on talent and nothing else....I would have to say Chris should go next. Then probably Phil. Then Lakisha.....leaving the final three that I mentioned earlier. I can't believe it's going so fast.

And that's all for Celebrity News by Kristen this week. Until next time. There's a poll on the sidebar. Vote. If you want.

7 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Kristen,

YOU NEVER DISAPPOINT!!!

Diane

brooke said...

OH MY GOSH. Thank goodness Sanjaya is out!! I've never been happier. :) I heart the party radio station!

Dawn said...

Feisty and I LOVE the dancing letters!

Brenda said...

I'm kinda sad to see Sanjaya go. I know he wasn't the most talented, but I found his voice much more tolerable than Chris's. Yes, nasally is a form of singing - really bad form. LOL.

Barb said...

Totally agree with everything you said, Kristen, except I'm thinking it may be Jordin and Blake in the final two. Melinda's good of course - great actually, but I do agree with Simon that she needs to lose the surprised look every time she gets good critique.

I almost gave up when Chris Sligh left because he was my favorite. I really really like Blake now - I see him as an American Idol. But Jordin gets better and better every week.

(It's nice to see you posting again.)

Gabriela said...

the guy bugged me. I'm sure he's nice enough-but he bugged me.

Anonymous said...

I loved Sanjaya. I'm a Fanjaya! Really, I hope this is where AI has jumped the shark! I guess only time will tell.